Chimaera Power Misleading

Trajector
32 posts Member
edited May 2018
1. Look at the stats of my Chimaera (ally code 529-789-915), and at those of Ethan Geilvta 2 (same fleet arena server, Darksaber Legacy guild).
Here is the comparison:
Stat: My Chimaera compared to Ethan's

Reinforcement slots: 3 == 3
Abilities: all maxed == all maxed
Speed: 142 < 145
Critical Damage: 150% == 150%
Potency: 33.81% < 36.08%
Special Damage: 21172 < 22352
Special Critical Chance: 10% == 10%
Resistance Penetration: 0 == 0
Special Accuracy: 0% == 0%

2. Now look at the power of both ships.
Power: 41431 > 39571

My power is 1860 greater than the other's power, despite no single stat, none, zilch better than a lower power ship. This is truly astonishing.

It would be much better to change ship power calculation is such a way, that higher power guarantees at least a single stat being better.
Post edited by Trajector on

Replies

• Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    Ahhh but who has the stronger Thrawn the pilot is just as important as the ship
  • Kiritoismyname
    845 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Does s/he have more stars on their ship? The more the stars, the more the multiplicative effect.
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I asked that over on the bug reports forum, where this is also posted. I reckon his Thrawn is better, but the other ship has an extra star.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Galactic Power has nothing at all to do with any combat performance metrics.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »

Sure it does GP is raised by raising level, stars, abilities and quality of mods(Level and dots only), which all raise Crew power as well. Crew power raises stats on the ship according to the modifier based on the number of stars on the ship, which translates to the ships GP.

The problem with the OP's post is it doesn't contain all the details needed to figure out the problem as we need info about both thrawns and whether or not both chimeras are at the same star level
  • Options
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    Ahhh but who has the stronger Thrawn the pilot is just as important as the ship
    In what way is this important for ship battles? (Other than supposedly boosting the combat stats, which is broken as is shown in the OP)
    Does s/he have more stars on their ship? The more the stars, the more the multiplicative effect.
    Ship stars do not in themselves affect ship performance (other than supposedly boosting the combat stats, which is broken as is shown in the OP).
    I asked that over on the bug reports forum, where this is also posted. I reckon his Thrawn is better, but the other ship has an extra star.
    See above - Thrawn being better or extra stars don't add any value in their own right to ship's performance. They are supposed to trickle into the combat stats, but, as you can see, they do not.
    Looks like so, but would it not be more convenient for players if it did?
    The problem with the OP's post is it doesn't contain all the details needed to figure out the problem as we need info about both thrawns and whether or not both chimeras are at the same star level
    If you are an EA employee who wants to fix it - you should be able to see all the additional details, as you should have access to the servers with player data, but if not - I can happily provide any additional details.
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Don’t forget to look at the gear pieces as well. There is a Thrawn that is weaker then mine, but his chimaera is faster because of the two g12 pieces I don’t have equipped
    Thrawn's gear pieces do not in themselves afect ship performance (other than supposedly boosting the combat stats, which is broken as is shown in the OP).
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    How is contributing to combat stats not improving combat performance?

Gear on Thrawn directly affects the stats you are saying are lower, so extra pieces your opponent has is adding to the speed, potency and damage. Compare the numbers in the blue brackets on the stats screen to see how both players Thrawn's are contributing to the stats.

Stars do boost combat performance, as they increase the STR, TAC, AGI and Crew multipliers which add more stats.

If you want more informed help from everyone, put up screen shots of both Thrawn's and both Chimaera's stats, that's what @Darthpedro was after.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    For the record I was just trying to help I'm just a gamer have absolutely zero affiliation with EA, Capitol Games, or these forums.

Boobies, buttholes and smelly farts. Good day
  • Options

Gear on Thrawn directly affects the stats you are saying are lower, so extra pieces your opponent has is adding to the speed, potency and damage. Compare the numbers in the blue brackets on the stats screen to see how both players Thrawn's are contributing to the stats.

Stars do boost combat performance, as they increase the STR, TAC, AGI and Crew multipliers which add more stats.

If you want more informed help from everyone, put up screen shots of both Thrawn's and both Chimaera's stats, that's what @Darthpedro was after.
    Sorry, but you are missing the point of this post. You might have missed that it is in "Feedback" section, and it is there for a reason. The reason I placed the post in this section is to provide opinion about different aspects of the game, not to seek help.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    People are giving you feedback on your feedback and trying to be constructive.

There are lots of factors that go into gp and stats especially with ships, without the full picture it's impossible to tell if you are missing something.
  • Options
    Sorry but I don't really understand how "the full picture" in your terminology is even relevant to this post that by its very nature of being a "feedback" post seeks player views on the current game functionality?
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    Ok well you're posting feedback about a problem you have with the calculation of the capitol ship gp on yours and another players chimera.

I've provided further feedback that this may be explainable if all the information is presented and it may not actually be an issue at all.

You've declined to provide further information stating that
    Trajector wrote: »

Sorry, but you are missing the point of this post. You might have missed that it is in "Feedback" section, and it is there for a reason. The reason I placed the post in this section is to provide opinion about different aspects of the game, not to seek help.

If that's the case and you don't want help then fine, stop posting to this thread and it will eventually fall out of everyone's view and you won't get any help that you don't want.

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    This thread is really confusing. One side is making perfect sense and repeating the things that are well-known to those who are familiar with ships. The other side is saying things that don't make sense, to me at least, in fact I can't even figure out what the point of this thread is.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    This thread is really confusing. One side is making perfect sense and repeating the things that are well-known to those who are familiar with ships. The other side is saying things that don't make sense, to me at least, in fact I can't even figure out what the point of this thread is.

Feedback.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    So the OP says.
  • Options
    If that's the case and you don't want help then fine, stop posting to this thread and it will eventually fall out of everyone's view and you won't get any help that you don't want.
    What exactly made you believe I wanted help, rather than opinions?
  • Options
    My opinion is that you are ignorant.
    My opinion is that ignorant people should be helped.
    That's what made me believe i should help you.
    You are welcome. :smile:
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    What exactly made you believe I wanted help, rather than opinions?

Well your title stating that something is wrong when more than likely it isn't wrong and there is an explanation that you may not understand. Which is an opinion by the way.

Call me a glutton for punishment but I have a compulsion to try to help people who don't understand things.

• Options
    Well your title stating that something is wrong when more than likely it isn't wrong and there is an explanation that you may not understand. ...
    You are mistaken with your probability analysis, and your less likely scenario is what actually happened.

Yes I do need help here, but you have not been helpful, as you have been helping me with how it is calculated, and giving me feedback an opinions on topics I am not interested in.

If you want to help - try to look at everything, not just the title, i.e. look at the section where this post is located, i.e. "Feedback" (not "General" as you seem to have assumed), and also at the actual post, "It would be much better to change ship power calculation" for instance. Taking everything together, you will see how you can help, i.e. by expressing an opinion about the calculation.
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    May I suggest you add "what are people's thoughts on..." to your initial post, and change the title from "Chimaera's power wrong" (because it isn't according to the current formulas) to something like "Ship GP is misleading".
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    As far as I have seen there is nothing wrong with the stat calculation and, as you have only given less than half of the information, there is no reason to change my opinion which I am giving you as feedback . With all of the information it may be possible to explain why what you are seeing as a problem is not actually a problem.

Changing something because you don't understand it or want to understand it is not the right answer.

BTW it's hard to "look at everything" as you say, when a good chunk of the information isn't there.
  • Options
    May I suggest you add "what are people's thoughts on..." to your initial post, and change the title from "Chimaera's power wrong" (because it isn't according to the current formulas) to something like "Ship GP is misleading".
    Finally a single helpful suggestion. Hopefully the discussion can now get back on track on how to persuade CG to make it better.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Finally a single helpful suggestion. Hopefully the discussion can now get back on track on how to persuade CG to make it better.

Dude. I look at all your posts here, and it sure doesn’t sound like you want help. I’ll bet it has everything to do with you’re Thrawn, yet you’ve attacked everyone that commented about it. You won’t accept other people’s opinions here, you’re just trying to prove that it’s wrong. Why? Just accept it
  • Options
    "Why?" Because I want to make the game better. Specifically, I want players looking at the power of 2 ships being able to establish that a ship with more power will have at least a single combat stat better.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    I’ll bet it has everything to do with you’re Thrawn, yet you’ve attacked everyone that commented about it.

If he was Thrawn, I doubt he'd waste time on a mobile game like the rest of us.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    Options
    I agree - GP seems to be largely an irrelevant number at the moment, both for ships and for characters. Star count makes a large difference in GP for a relatively smaller effect on actuall usefulness (cf gear levels).
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    I agree - GP seems to be largely an irrelevant number at the moment, both for ships and for characters. Star count makes a large difference in GP for a relatively smaller effect on actuall usefulness (cf gear levels).

To be fair this isn't new. Power rating has never been an overly useful stat not before the move from power to GP and not after. A big part of that problem in characters is that the actual effect mods have on stats really isn't weighted at all nor are set bonuses or synergy combos.
  • Options
    With ground units it is indeed much more complicated due to mods, so worth taking the simplest case, which is ships, and improving it first.