GW Suicide Squads

How come when I put a 3 man suicide squad in the opponent doesn't start off using their specials like with every other time the AI is used? Any advice on how to get them to use their specials?

Replies

• Options
    Put characters with enough health to survive a couple of rounds. They won't be wasting any specials on 1* lvl 1 ewok scouts.
  • Options
    Cocolypse wrote: »
    Put characters with enough health to survive a couple of rounds. They won't be wasting any specials on 1* lvl 1 ewok scouts.

This
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    Cocolypse wrote: »

Thanks for the advice. I put one higher level character in with two low levels and they used their specials.
  • Options
    URoRuR'R'R is fantastic at getting specials from the AI, he even has an attack that does exactly nothing. Infuriates the AI 10/10. :wink:
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    No problem. :)
  • Options
    Just got my a and b squads wiped out in galactic war on 4th node by a team a level below me.
    Jawa, phasma, chewie, talia, jc just took out dooku, asajj, ig-86, jc, mace, chewie, talia, G's, jawa, snow trooper like tissue paper.
    Phasma shot special EVERY turn.
    Something is wrong and I'm done.
    Used to like this game but now it's ****
  • Options
    I've had them use specials plenty even when putting low level characters. but I do put a full squad of fodder.
  • Options
    You need a better B team and learn when to retreat
  • Options
    Yep, that happens sometimes. GW is supposed to be hard. Either you give up because you don't like losing, or you soldier on until you start winning. ;)
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    Yep, that happens sometimes. GW is supposed to be hard. Either you give up because you don't like losing, or you soldier on until you start winning. ;)

+1
  • Options
    Have patience and keep improving your team, level up and gear to the max.

When they changed the galactic war it took me 4 days to win it again. It's frustrating but keep trying, you'll make it.
  • Options
    Sounds like it's time to get to work. Better luck tomorrow.
  • Options
    You started it? as soon as the day refreshed and wonder why
  • Options
    If things are going bad, retreat and try a different tactic. Change your targets up. If you still can't do it, switch out a toon to get a new set of numbers and try again.

But sometimes, you just gotta take your beating and laugh about it. There's always tomorrow.
  • Options
    Why wouldn't you retreat?
  • Options
    I use a-team with 3 healers in all fights and retreat when needed send 5 sucide squads to take out specals

Plan is to have high speed squad with healers
    Barris(lead)
    Jc
    luminara
    Dmg
    Sid/Rey
    QGJ(as assist is deadly)
  • Options
    Ouchie wrote: »
    Why wouldn't you retreat?
    Exactly. He just let his teams die, lol
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have to retreat....countless times and 1 node takes 20 mintutes.

Be patient, gear and star up healers
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Options
    Sometimes, all it takes is just attacking a different enemy to start...not even switching out people.
  • Options
    Retreating - and suicide squads, if you have the bodies - are a fact of life with today's GW.

I would say that if it's BUILT that way, then USE it. I retreated on my very last node today probably 20+ times until I found the combination that worked to win. I was down to my five last guys. facing an all-purple team that was 7-8 levels higher than me and I think everybody was 6*+ except for Barriss Offee which doesn't matter, because she's BO and her "heal" is totally OP.

To me, the current GW is more about solving each puzzle, node by node. Every time you complete a node, consider it a "save point". Keep retreating from each node until you end up with the combination that gives you the best result, then complete it and get your new "save point". If the team is 10 levels higher and just absolutely impossible (my 12th node wasn't impossible, but seemed like it at times) then that's just the matchmaker system being broken.
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Options
    It's possible he does not know about the retreat option and what it does. I know I played GW for 2 weeks before I saw it referenced in these forums and started using it. I just didn't know it was there.
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    Options
    Source Reddit
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/487ds4/struggling_with_galactic_war_gw_read_this_first/

GW matchmaking is currently suffering from a bug that causes it to match you with unintended opponents. The exact nature of this bug was discovered by the Dev team relatively recently and the details of it are currently unknown to the community. There is no ETA on a fix. Dev comment.
    I repeat, GW MATCHMAKING IS CURRENTLY BUGGED.
    While we don't know the details of the bug or how its fix will affect the player experience, we can assume that a fix will improve the matchmaking, resulting in an easier time completing the GW table. For now, that's all there is to say regarding the level and power discrepancies we are all facing in GW.
  • Options
    Thanks for confirming. Even I personnaly was informed about the bug to place a link here to share the statement might bring a bit piece in mind of those dissappointed with the present difficulties.
    We need to calm down and see it rather as a temporary challenge enhancing our skills by special demand to be creative to overcome unfair nodes.
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads-up. I learned this info on this forum a while back. So here is the million dollar question: Why doesn't the official EA team communicate this on their own official forum? The GA match making is the most posted topic for almost 2 weeks, and yet we get absolutely no official communication from EA. Why?
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. I was just about getting mad when my little account @ lvl48 got a team full of lvl 70, purple geared, 6-7 stars team on the 7th node. Seemed a bit of an overkill when the top of my leaderboard are around 50-52 and Phasma practically one-hit my whole team with her aoe in the first round lol.
  • Options
    Today, I've had level 70's starting at node 2. I'm level 61. Stuck at node 8 with an empty bench. I don't even know why I thought a lone Ewok could face an entire squad.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    I guess if you can't beat GW, it is good idea to blame on the bug. Now you have an excuse lol.