Bounty Hunter quest is badly designed

Replies

• CantWithAU
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Yeah - I don't think people have caught on that the 4 available prestige quests are only showing the first part of seven.
    Only the Bounty Hunter one has 7 levels.
    Jedi, Sith & Fulcrum all have 4 levels.

The requirement for level 1 being a G12 Boba Fett & G12 Assaj clearly shows these Quests are not intended for beginners &, if you don't already have the toons at that G level, are going to take some time to complete.
  • Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Also remember that these quests are 4 parts. I got asajj’s done and now I have to bring dooku to g12, kill 1000 republic toons with dooku there and WIN 10 arena battles with just Sith. I can’t imagine what 2/4 or 4/4 look like
    Sweet! My Arena team is entirely Sith & my Dooku is G12.
    Unfortunately my Ventress is only G8 atm lol
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    and those 50 wampa kills
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    That it takes long isn't really a problem. Rome wasn't built in a day. Hell, killing 50 wampas with boba is gonna take 10 DS TBs, so 10 months!

I was just upset that even going into battle with boba, the enemies were too **** to even get the credit I needed. Going in with half a team does the trick. And doing the challenge is an even better advice. That's 15 battles a week, so in 10 months 450. Add credit heists and droid snuggling and we're set. In 10 months I'll let you know what 2/7 looks like...

• Mardowan
    53 posts Member
    Options
    Acrofales wrote: »
    Complete boba's bounty 500 times!
    Ok. That's 500 battles on auto with boba. A bit of a slog, but ok. Doable. Right? NO. WRONG.

To complete boba's contract, you have to kill whoever moves first. That means the enemy has to take a turn. That just doesn't happen in 99% or more of pve battles where you can use boba. My not very well geared or modded bounty hunters auto DS node 7c without the enemy taking a single turn. They auto cantina 6a in the same fashion. Even playing deliberately badly on manual can't get these slow, lazy enemies to take a turn. So that leaves... DS TB? Mb TW if I'm very lucky? Mb credit heist?

That's very few fights...

They are all poorly designed. How prestigious is it to do the same battle 200 times for Jedi, 500 times for Boba? Prestigious? No, absolutely not. If I see someone with a title, I think "****" not prestigious. Pretigious is completing all of light and dark side. Over 3 mill galctic power, 10 characters zetad... that's prestigious. Mindlessly completing the same task 200, 500. Or even 50 times? No, prestigious it is definitely not.

And where do you find a wampa to fight? Seriously devs... you're going to make these players laughing stocks by the veterans. Prestige...ha!
  • Mardowan
    53 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    The real question is, where is Wampa outside of DSTB?

In arena? And maybe sometimes even GW.

Pretty sure no one in the arena 1-500 is using a Wampa. Z-palp, Zader, Z-Thrawn? Sure. Wampa? Maybe, but only if paired with an ewok, jawa, c-police and jedi counselor. Top 100 right there.
  • Options
    Boba doesn’t have to be lead,you can use any BH lead with a contract
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options
    Boba doesn’t have to be lead,you can use any BH lead with a contract

This.
    I am at 9/500, but I always run Zossk as leader.
  • NasRegal
    142 posts Member
    Options
    Boba doesn't have to be the leader, he just needs his payout activated, so you can have Bossk or Dengar as lead and pick the low or high health enemy.
    Sorry if this got mentioned above but I only skim read most of the replies.
    P.s, Galactic War can give you 12 payouts a day too.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Drop speed arrows.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Options
    Ohhh. Ok. That makes things far easier. I understood it to be his contract, not his payout. Ok. Thanks!
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Quests are largely aimed at newer players IIRC.
    Prestigious Quests only become available when you hit 85, I think. So the titles aren’t meant for new folks. The UI and tutorial but could really explain this better.
    Yes wrote: »
    Lol, how is it a bad design? Because no one can complete it in a day/week? So what. Moral of the story some want titles and the 10 crystals, Some don't. It's another feature of the game, not a bad design.

You aren't reading my arguments, are you? The quests themselves taking time is not a problem. Getting shards and gear takes time as well, we are all used to that. The problem is that to complete them, we have to run battles on auto, which requires more time in the game actively doing something that isn't fun. Simming was introduced to prevent exactly that when farming shards and gear, while keeping the long-term time commitment the same. See the difference?
    Totally see the difference. But you’re missing another far, far more important difference:
    You need gear. You don’t need titles.

You can play the game just fine without bothering to do a title quest. You’ll have a lot more trouble doing it without gear.

Other quests, like the one where you kill clones and jedi and whatnot, are done largely as you’re leveling when you aren’t necessarily simming literally everything.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I’m finding the Bounty Hunter quest not to bad. I keep replaying the Enfys Nest bonus tier under a Boba lead and rack up his payouts that way. I’m also manually doing GW again just to get it up as well.

As for the Wampa kills, I am finding teams in arena with Wampa’s and focusing on them. I should have this quest done in just over a month. Boring yes but whatever. I would disagree that this quest is badly designed.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options
    Hell, killing 50 wampas with boba is gonna take 10 DS TBs, so 10 months!
    You don’t have to just do the DSTB. I’m at 11/50 for the Wampa kills and we haven’t had a DSTB yet since the quests have become live. Seek them out in arena if you really want it.

• Options
    I will say is seems good % of peoples problems in this game stem from thinking they have to do every single thing available. Just play, stay mildly cognizant of the goals, I use a full jedi team for the one challenge, hit auto 5 times, done.

I don't find doing these actions fun, I don't particularly see how they actually give us new content... just more grind. I do see much of the OP's point. We got something new, supposed to be for veterens, seems aimed at new players... *shrugs*

But yeah, it's highly ignorable.... that is until someone gets to the last BH contract and turns out you get 20 Zeta's for doing it.

#CGtrollmoveinitsfinest
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Hell, killing 50 wampas with boba is gonna take 10 DS TBs, so 10 months!
    You don’t have to just do the DSTB. I’m at 11/50 for the Wampa kills and we haven’t had a DSTB yet since the quests have become live. Seek them out in arena if you really want it.

Yeah. I wasn't complaining about that part. It'll take a while and I'm fine with that. It was me misunderstanding the payout part that for me upset, but that is cleared up, so I'm fine with this.
  • Ghost_Goh
    152 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah...pretty sure there is NO way a pure Jedi team will ever win 10 battles in arena unless they get a MAJOR rework (and Jedi Luke comes to the game)...
  • Options
    Ghost_Goh wrote: »
    Yeah...pretty sure there is NO way a pure Jedi team will ever win 10 battles in arena unless they get a MAJOR rework (and Jedi Luke comes to the game)...

Oh, that was simple. Just had to drop from about 50th to under 500 for three days. Still fighting my way back up...
  • Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    Options
    The 50 wampa kills is the tough part. There's no PvE option for this except in DS TB and the final tier of the BH event which is once every couple months it looks like?
  • Options
    If you want to be a bounty hunter you gotta put in the work! Nothing special about it if everyone can do it in a week
  • Ugnaught
    481 posts Member
    Options
    Wasting time/resources to earn a title is inefficient and egotistical.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Lol, how is it a bad design? Because no one can complete it in a day/week? So what. Moral of the story some want titles and the 10 crystals, Some don't. It's another feature of the game, not a bad design.

You aren't reading my arguments, are you? The quests themselves taking time is not a problem. Getting shards and gear takes time as well, we are all used to that. The problem is that to complete them, we have to run battles on auto, which requires more time in the game actively doing something that isn't fun. Simming was introduced to prevent exactly that when farming shards and gear, while keeping the long-term time commitment the same. See the difference?

I see it, not being able to SIM sucks. Simming was introduced to help speed things up by being to complete things that you have already completed at a faster rate.

That being said in order for you to earn a title you have to actually play. That's the way the dev's wanted this to work. It's going to take a really long time. To the others point, you aren't really missing out on it if you dont want to do it.

It's perfectly acceptable to reward those with a title to those people that actually want to play the game and not just SIM it. The reward for those that dont want to actually play is that they can SIM it. Seems pretty fair to me.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    The objectives seemed pretty reasonable until I noticed that there were multiple stages to them. The good news is that apparently the devs have confidence that this game will continue on for years, based on how long these quests will actually take.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    Options
    The list of all requirements:
    https://swgoh.gg/db/quests/?type=4

If you thought part 1 was insane... well ;)
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options
    Stud3099 wrote: »
    The 50 wampa kills is the tough part. There's no PvE option for this except in DS TB and the final tier of the BH event which is once every couple months it looks like?

Like I said earlier in this thread you don’t need to do strictly DSTB or BH events for the Wampa kills. Arena counts as well. I’m sitting at 13/50 Wampa kills and we haven’t had a DSTB or a bounty hunter event.
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Options
    They're just very bad at balancing in general. Balancing raid phases, mechanics and rewards. Balancing toons. Balancing store prices. Balancing quests. Balancing refresh costs.
  • Options
    For the first 2 days everyone had titles, now only 2 players in my fleet shard have them and nobody in my arena shard has them.
    Titles are a fad that lasted 2 days
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    Options

You just said taking time is not a problem, but then your number one complaint was the time it took to auto rather than sim...
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    For the first 2 days everyone had titles, now only 2 players in my fleet shard have them and nobody in my arena shard has them.
    Titles are a fad that lasted 2 days

I'm surprised it took that long.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Just want to agree with the OP on this one. Quest was a good idea, but implementation of the Bounty Hunter one was poorly thought out.

Even trying, I get Bobas payout about 10% of the battles. Boba as Lead doesn’t work since they never get a turn. Greedo as Leader and just Boba doesn’t work since there are less than 10 people in most encounters.

I think its best to just Abandon this one as a big ol fail