Reinforcemwnts

Poxx
2288 posts Member
I maxed Vader's reinforcement ability, set him 1st in my reinforcement line-up, but when I let the AI run it, it calls Maul in the 3rd spot. Hapoened 5x in a row. I take out Maul, put Boba in the 2nd spot and bump down Reaper. Boba gets called 1st both times i was attacked. Communicated via Discord.

Is there a preference the AI gives to certain ships ?

Do they not come in the assigned order ?

How can I make Vader 1st ? If possible at all.

Replies

• Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    "Tactical reinforcements skills" would become totally useless because of that.
    Post edited by Fatzke on
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    That's really disappointing. Has that just changed w/ the update ? Maul and Boba r screen hogs. Guess I'll just set up Vader and Boba and not fill the other 2 slots. That'll teach 'em

I still won't get Vader 1st tho lol

Aoe Offense Down +3 dots sure looks better to start than Boba's imo when i should still have Biggs alive. Bring Boba in 2nd. Theres gotta b a way
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Yeah this would be a new thing, they came in order before the update, no matter if defense or auto play. That's why Mauls ship was the no. 1 choice for the first reinforcement for most players. Now it would be pointless to set up a special line up.

Devs really have to look into this, if this is not a new strange way to get more "diversity" or something.

I couldn't experience it by myself yet, but heard it from several mates.
    Post edited by Fatzke on
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    This couldn't be WAI right? If it is, it's a rather weird change imo.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I saw it happen on a video from MobileGamer as well. Sets up under AA, he is expecting his rebel ship from the #2 slot and gets Boba from #4.

Either way, seems fishy. The points I spent to upgrade Vader's reinforcement abilities to 3, may never even matter if the AI keeps calling Boba and Maul no matter what spot I have them in.
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    The player is able to make suitable decisions in special situations. Maybe they think the overwhelming smart AI should be able to do that too for staying competitive . :D
    Poxx wrote: »
    The points I spent to upgrade Vader's reinforcement abilities to 3, may never even matter if the AI keeps calling Boba and Maul no matter what spot I have them in.

I tried it two times and there were no wrong ships coming in, but I set up Boba first and Maul second, maybe that's why I couldn't reproduce this bug by myself. :D
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    https://youtu.be/YzIo_jiZqhU

Ships interview, skip to 9mins. Apparently it's an improved AI that calls the ship with what it thinks is the best reinforcement ability for the current state of play. WAI but sucks.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks @ChristophIV , that clears things up.

"we think it's an improvement, especially for something as complicated as ships combat"
    I'm i the only one that thought that was a hilarious statement? Generally speaking, as soon as it gets complicated, the AI starts to suck badly, haha.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    Options
    So it's a known thing...

"Reinforcements Order. It’s important to note that Reinforcements no longer come out in order. There is some new algorithm which determines which reinforcement will come out first, and we are still working on figuring it out."

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/8m1bs6/the_fleet_discord_servers_initial_overview_of/