referendum ship 2.0

would like to propose a referendum to understand if the majority of players are happy with this update of the ships

i'm not happy

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    ha ! a referendum, those always seem to have the desired effect ! xD
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    So why didn't you start a poll?
    I am mostly happy but think that it's too early to judge.
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Options
    I am more than happy with the update, more diversity more challenge
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah make it a poll, lets actually see some statistics.
  • Money
    11 posts Member
    Options
    Not happy at all, not even close.
  • Options
    how can i start a poll?
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options
    Yes start another poll. Add on top of the 20 that are already out there.
  • Options
    If your a VET ftp player your not happy. I spent a while farming certain ships which I used in the arena now everything got turned upside down... They stealth Nerf-ed popular ships, and buffed unpopular ones.

I hope that swgoh.gg keeps old ship descriptions somewhere, so players can compare.
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    dimi4a wrote: »
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    If your a VET ftp player your not happy. I spent a while farming certain ships which I used in the arena now everything got turned upside down... They stealth Nerf-ed popular ships, and buffed unpopular ones.

I hope that swgoh.gg keeps old ship descriptions somewhere, so players can compare.

I'm one of them! These kind of updates that mess up the whole gameplay and hit your progress are not welcome!

I disagree (and keep in mind i have TIE Reaper at 7). As a Vet (First Half of 2016) FTP Player i m actually pretty happy with this update.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    There are already two polls about Shipmess 2.0. Please don't start another.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    As someone in the UK, don't leave a referendum to the general public, they'll only mess it up spectacularly

I'm still undecided on ships 2.0. I like having to plan a bit more, and I've had more frequent wins, but I also liked the old system.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Vice_torn wrote: »

Hi, I'm a veteran player who spent $40 when ships came out to unlock Boba Fett's ship on the second day (they launched too late at night to want to do it the day the first day) and has spent maybe $20 on the game in total over the 18 months since ships came out. So I'm not Gold Star Free To Play, but I'm at least silver.

Anyway, my point is that I have every ship at 7*, except TIE Reaper (6*) and Command Shuttle (4*). I'm tempted to say that all my pilots are 7*, but there's probably a few I'm forgetting who aren't (EDIT: Gauntlet Starfighter, that's one. Those pilots aren't really worked on yet). They've all got at least g8, which isn't great, but gets the job done.

The lesson of ships 2.0 is the same as the lesson for every event that's come out prior to ships 2.0: Stop tunnel visioning on some mythical mono-meta that will never change. New things always come out, old things always get re-evaluated, changes always happen. When they do, if you were hyper-focusing on The Meta, you will fall flat on your face.

Invest broadly, build a solid foundation.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Trystan_Spyder
    1300 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    The lesson of ships 2.0 is the same as the lesson for every event that's come out prior to ships 2.0: Stop tunnel visioning on some mythical mono-meta that will never change. New things always come out, old things always get re-evaluated, changes always happen. When they do, if you were hyper-focusing on The Meta, you will fall flat on your face.

Invest broadly, build a solid foundation.

Yes. I was so happy to have the first active Reaper in my shard. Got it like a week before 2.0. Spent a lot of time and resources on it and its pilots to get it up to speed. Now it's a reinforcement at best. But the gameplay evolves, and it's silly to think that a ship that is meta now will always be ace. Or a ship that's horrid now will always stink.

Do I feel my time with Reaper is wasted? Or regret my almost over-investment in TFP and his Tie to make sure it was the fastest? No. I've come to lover Deathtrooper anyways, and the Tie is still a dangerous ship. Heck Reaper is too, if used correctly.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Jedi_Bane
    311 posts Member
    Options
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    I am more than happy with the update, more diversity more challenge

By more diversity, you mean everyone being forced to switch to chimeara, ja?
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone who had it was already using it, so what do you mean by "being forced to switch"?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I'm actually seeying more diversity in leads than prior to the update. (only 6 chimeara's in the top10 currently)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    We've got three Tarkin at the top this morning.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I have always run tarkin and get first everyday. Most others have Chimera but not everyone is a biggs, Vader, Tie F ****.
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly, the only way to get an accurate reflection of whether or not the update was a success is to look at the data. Are players more engaged or less?

Looking at the forum for that purpose is an exercise in futility. Every major update the loudest voices are always the naysayers. That's human nature. It's not an accurate picture of reality.

It may very well be that the majority of players will end up hating Ships 2.0 and that player engagement will drop. But we certainly won't find that out through the forums!
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    I'm very happy! No more battles being 100% decided by Target Lock/Dodge RNG.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    I'm very happy! No more battles being 100% decided by Target Lock/Dodge RNG.

Honestly - how so? If anything, this new system seems even more reliant on it, with Tie granting 50% cap TM on dodge, and only 3 starting ships meaning you REALLY want those opening salvos going to Biggs.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/