nice, diverse teams there.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • KoolKent
    154 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Lol, I've farmed Rey everyday since released and still only at 5*
  • Options
    Lol bro. He did turn red. RG is way better for speed meta team....but Poe is better for droid team still
    FTB
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I still get a warm feeling from all the flaming that was directed towards me and a few others when we predicted this hours after the release notes for RG came out.
    I've been playing around with him in trying to reconstitute my old stun team. He's a really slow farm but might be viable even with 4*, though he loses his stun below 50% which is a problem for that composition.
    It will take me a month just to get him to 5*, so everyone is safe from his eventual nerfing for a while.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    When those teams fight each other, they are essentially playing the coin flip game over and over again. Must be fun. ;)
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »

Thanks man
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Tritium wrote: »
    When those teams fight each other, they are essentially playing the coin flip game over and over again. Must be fun. ;)

this is going to be true regardless of how the fotm plays out...the minute someone in the top 3 finds an effective counter, the others will copy cat and the coin flips ensue
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    I still think Poe is better for the turn metre reduction. And Han for the gain
  • Options
    KoolKent wrote: »

Poe's turn meter reduction is absolute garbage in high speed meta teams. The only good thing about poe now is his expose.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I still get a warm feeling from all the flaming that was directed towards me and a few others when we predicted this hours after the release notes for RG came out.

:smile:
  • Options
    Is RG that legit now????
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    And of course if you can one-shot the cannon target then he's not that helpful, right?
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    Zekex wrote: »

Poe's turn meter reduction is absolute garbage in high speed meta teams. The only good thing about poe now is his expose.

exactly. When the entire other team has gone before Poe, his turn meter reduction effectively removes nothing.
  • Options
    Plasmaj wrote: »

exactly. When the entire other team has gone before Poe, his turn meter reduction effectively removes nothing.

Speed isn't everything imo
  • Options
    He may be meta, but prime Poe he is not
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »

Thanks man

Very easy to beat imo. Stun QGJ kill ray and it s done...
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Plasmaj wrote: »

Speed isn't everything imo

You're missing the point. The point is that old poe was used so that other members of the team could move earlier and before the enemy team. In a situation where a high speed dps team is against a slow team(<143 speed) with poe, poe does not fulfill his role as the sequence of turns will be the same whether or not he uses his taunt.
    E.g even after poe taunts and his entire team goes, the second round of attacks will still start with the high speed dps team.

He is still useful for his expose and his ability to taunt before 141 speed and below toons take potshots at your dps, but for taunting RG does a better job, and for turn manipulation hans is better than poe.

• Options
    @Spartamaj yes indeed my friend
  • Options
    Just use Dooku in a team and stun Jinn - tweaks to the lineup will do fine vs. these teams. They don't need to use clone teams against each other. Dooku injures Jinn enough to hurt him, but not take him to <50% health and proc RG - and he stuns him. Then you can take your own Jinn leader and ohko enemy Jinn with assist. Now one of their top damage dealers is gone and you still have 3 toons left to hit with. These guys should all be able to beat each other at about a 70%+ rate.

RG is good though - high utility toon especially when attacking - everyone should try to get him eventually. Definitely not at Poe's pre-speed change level of dominance however.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Well neither is what old Poe was. He ruled the whole arena before. Now they're both mainly what tanks should be, guards of the cannons. Only Poe is now a little too slow to get in front, and RG can be outwitted by not chipping the enemy down to 50%.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    Agreed, agreed and agreed
  • Options

To be fair, it is probably clause to a 100% win on offense. With the tenacity up of Yoda, who goes first no matter what, you cannot be stun or dispelled when you taunt... :)
  • Options
    Spartamaj wrote: »

To be fair, it is probably clause to a 100% win on offense. With the tenacity up of Yoda, who goes first no matter what, you cannot be stun or dispelled when you taunt... :)

100%
  • KoolKent
    154 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Just use Dooku in a team and stun Jinn - tweaks to the lineup will do fine vs. these teams. They don't need to use clone teams against each other. Dooku injures Jinn enough to hurt him, but not take him to <50% health and proc RG - and he stuns him. Then you can take your own Jinn leader and ohko enemy Jinn with assist. Now one of their top damage dealers is gone and you still have 3 toons left to hit with. These guys should all be able to beat each other at about a 70%+ rate.

RG is good though - high utility toon especially when attacking - everyone should try to get him eventually. Definitely not at Poe's pre-speed change level of dominance however.
    I use Tie Pilot.. Yoda attacks him first everytime giving him advantage. QGJ uses his other special to remove that. Everytime!
    So I often target Geo first, after Rey of cause
  • Options
    Rolf wrote: »
    Well neither is what old Poe was. He ruled the whole arena before. Now they're both mainly what tanks should be, guards of the cannons. Only Poe is now a little too slow to get in front, and RG can be outwitted by not chipping the enemy down to 50%.

I agree. It wouldn't be bad if other tanks had this ability aside from RG. So at least there would be other options except for one mostly only whales have in usable form. Why not Chewie?
  • Options
    im in this server, they're all still easy to beat, but it's good to see rg being used
  • Options

I know right!... I run Poe and Han with Rey, Resistance Pilot and Resistance Trooper...I'm having fun!
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    im in this server, they're all still easy to beat, but it's good to see rg being used
    I believe we're allies
    I think
  • Options
    Lol, I've farmed Rey everyday since released and still only at 5*

What's your team like?