In Memory of C3PO - Δπ2.

13Next

Replies

• Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Options
    55378008 wrote: »
    Degs29 wrote: »
    Ultimately, it's important to know there are resources out there and that, as with any dark time, those feelings of sadness, loneliness, frustration, anger, and fear...eventually pass. That hope is always there.
    The unfortunate thing with Depression, is that those feelings do not pass & hope is a distant memory.

Depression is a prolonged bout of those feelings, not perpetual.
  • Options
    Sympathy from Roughneck Rhino guild. This is so sad to hear.
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options
    All my love to C3PO's friends and family (and guild/shard mates). Thank you for sharing this. Everyone in this world carries a weight, some more than others. I've lost loved ones to suicide, and know many others here have as well. Be aware, and lend a hand.
    Some days are hard, but I like to keep this one close to remind me there will be a tomorrow and that it holds unlimited possibilities:
    This is a wonderful day. I've never seen this one before. - Maya Angelou
  • Options
    We made a tribute/ PSA video. We have asked YouTube to no monetize it. Don't know if that will happen but wanted to show it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RukJBiB6Sc&feature=youtu.be

Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers
  • ThePegasus1979
    19 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Great to see no „thoughs and prayers“ kitten here. As we are used to say in my country for almost 3k years: may his soul find the peace in death which it couldn‘t find under the living ones :*(
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • Options
    Shout out from Amadala Guard. Sorry for your loss Gs. Heads up
  • Options
    Muaddib wrote: »
    This is a wonderful day. I've never seen this one before. - Maya Angelou

Thank you for that - that's incredible.

• Options
    my sincere condolences to alliance Pi. Terribly sorry to hear this tragic piece of news.

• Options
    Condolences from the cruel assassins, as someone who almost lost their wife and mother of their children to this terrible disease in almost the same fashion, my love and prayers go out to each of u and their family.
  • Options
    I know that sometimes the words "I'm sorry" can sound empty, but I really am. I have not personally been confronted with this issue, but I know that it must be extremely difficult to deal with and my thoughts and prayers are with C-3PO's friends and family.
  • Options
    A lot of beautiful, caring posts here.

Really moving.

Makes Sith rewards seem pretty unimportant eh? :neutral:
  • Options
    Oh my goodness. On behalf of all of us in Force Reckon, we send our most sincere and heartfelt condolences to you, your guild and to the family of the dearly departed. May he or she Rest in Paradise.

Cheers.
  • Options
    I don't know if any of our paths crossed, but my deepest sympathies in this tragic time.
  • Enki
    53 posts Member
    Options
    My condolences to the family and friends.
  • Options
    A lot of beautiful, caring posts here.

Really moving.

Makes Sith rewards seem pretty unimportant eh? :neutral:

you know, the swgoh fanbase is quirky like that-we moan, whine and grumble about everything but we really come together when tragic things like this happen. I still remember how we raised money for Mr. Bungle's medical expenses (Rest in peace) and the Ewokin' tribute.

It's always heartening to see how the community reacts in these situations. I may not have known C-3PO personally, but I sincerely hope that his family and friends can find peace in these painful times.
  • Options
    I’ve been away a few days so not seen the posts until now

So guttered to Read this! So sad

Being someone that went through severe depression for over 6 years with a period of intense suicidal thoughts during that time I understood more than many the utter loneliness you feel even when the reality is your not really alone
    I can’t emphasise enough how important communication is, people have a fear of not wanting to ask too much for worrying about making the situation worse or not being in a position to help
    Just simply being a hearer a listener can make such a difference, just reaching out with a visit a call a text a smile can make such a difference
    Just arranging to spend some time outdoors a walk a coffee that too can make a real difference
    Just reach out.... not only may you save a live but one day someone may need to do it for you too
    Depression like Cancer is indiscriminate and knows no social boundaries. We just need to care for for each other as much as possible
    My condolences to all that knew him x
  • Options
    That is incredibly sad. I commend the people for being very open in discussing this difficult situation and I can only imagine what people were going through to try and help save him.

I reckon a lot of people use this game to escape the real world. I know I have. Sometimes that’s a good thing, as we can all use a little break from life’s stresses. However it can warp reality a little bit and we all must remember to focus on the more important things in life.
  • Options
    This is a terrible tragedy. My own life has been touched by this terrible disease and it is very tough at times to overcome. A close family member also took their own life. I work in the mental health industry and when I speak with a new client, I just have to keep reminding myself that as bad of a day as I am having their's is worse because something pushed them to call for help.

Please, anyone feeling down or depressed, call, email, text, whatever you have to do. Don't forget there are people to help. No one is alone. This community is full of people willing to listen. My inbox is open to anyone. There are trained professionals to help all over but sometimes a friendly ear can really get the ball rolling.
  • Options
    I’m sorry to hear of this, it’s always rough to lose people close to you, even if they’re not someone you know in person, even if they’re just someone you knew in a game. I wish Alliance Pi the best of times in remembering your friend and brother. I want to thank everyone who took the time to help find this player and try to help. Even if it was too late, you still tried and made the effort and can take heart in that, if nothing else.
  • Kale
    5 posts Member
    Options
    I didn’t know C-3P0, but I have major depressive disorder, and I can say from experience what it’s like to believe death is the best choice. I know it’s scary and embarrassing to ask for help, but people you know generally want to help. I had to stay in a mental health facility for a week back in college, and it changed my whole perspective. I’m pursuing a masters in experimental psychology now (I was gonna be a shrink until I realized I would never be a people person lol). Life is funny that way.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Kale wrote: »
    I didn’t know C-3P0, but I have major depressive disorder, and I can say from experience what it’s like to believe death is the best choice. I know it’s scary and embarrassing to ask for help, but people you know generally want to help. I had to stay in a mental health facility for a week back in college, and it changed my whole perspective. I’m pursuing a masters in experimental psychology now (I was gonna be a shrink until I realized I would never be a people person lol). Life is funny that way.

I didn't know him either but message me if you need help. I used to think suiciders were weak and stupid and selfish, but after many, (sigh), I finally realized it is just a mental thing. No one in the right frame of mind will killself, which is proof that many need help. Please message me or someone, PLEASE. We all care for you more than you know, even if it's a dumb online forum. SRS
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Cooncoon
    228 posts Member
    Options
    Deepest condolences from the MariJAWAna guild.

I lost my best friend to suicide. Saddest day of my life so far. Tough day for a lot of C3p0 family and friends. There’s always another way.
  • TonyVisor
    211 posts Member
    Options
    The struggle is real and many more people who suffer do not speak up. They are afraid of the stygma. I'm sure many in this community, myself included, immerse ourselves in swgoh to escape. My condolences to the family and friends. Remember, even though it may feel it, you are not alone. Millions of us suffer and are willing to talk if you need to talk. Don't be afraid to reach out.
  • Options
    My condolences to the family, immediate and close friends, and SWGOH players close to him who lost sleep in attempting to locate him for the help. I am a Hospice Chaplain and Bereavement Counselor, and I too am available for anyone to talk should the need arise.

One other resource I think should be included, is the Veterans Crisis Line. The number is is the same number for the US National Suicide Prevention hotline: 1-800-273-8255 then press 1, or send a text to 838255 for the veteran side. Support for deaf and hard of hearing individuals is available. https://www.veteranscrisisline.net/
  • Options
    Condolences from the exiled inquisitors,
    Its always a sad day when another one of us leaves this world...
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear this has happened. On behalf of Luke Warm On The Inside, we share our deepest condolences.
  • Options
    Just seeing this wow really sad suicides are soo rampant these days We All need To Share More Care More Love More & Listen More. Too Much Negativity All Over The Place My Condolences Goes out to everyone involved. AND to anyone contemplating ending his or her own life just remember you are unique you are special there is & will never be anyone like you even if you have a twin your life matters dont end it. Tough times dont last but tough people do
    GENERAL INSTANT
  • LORDKAI
    96 posts Member
    Options
    Our sincerest condolances from the Legion Alliance. May he be remembered
  • Options
    My heart goes out to all that were affected.