Addressing Enfys Nest unique protection stacking

13Next

Replies

• Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Her kit is solid - but easy to defeat if you play smart or run anyone with ability block. If you use Thrawn, his basic is actually better then fracturing her. It speeds her up (which you want) then ability blocks (which is also good). If you run Vader, she will always be limited to her basic, if you alternate his basic and Thrawn's basic. Generally, if you just speed your characters up (and her, to an extent) and not try to slow her down and can prevent her from using her specials too much, she's fairly easy to control.

Yes! x 100. I've been saying this the whole time. It's like making a lasagna, but not reading the recipe, instead using ingredients for meatloaf that you make all the time and then saying "why does this lasagna suck? This recipe sucks. This oven sucks. I want my money back. BROKEN!"

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    No one in my shard is running her yet so I cant test.

Wouldnt it be better to just hit her once per turn from the start of the battle assuming the other team doesnt have a way to regen protection? A 3* will be dead by the third or 4th round. If you save he until the end will take longer because all 5 people have to hit her and you cant pass turns.

If you hit her at start once then attack other toons and then let her move and repeat she should die pretty quickly.
  • Options
    There's a few in the top of my shard. Not too hard to beat. Increase cooldown with nihlas, ability block with vader, and fracture with thrawn can all stop her from using specials. Then anhilate goes right through her added protection. The traya team we have in our shard is much harder.
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    Options
    Also why would you fracture her ? She's not more dangerous than Sion, Traya, Palpatine, or Nihilus
  • Options
    Empiric1 wrote: »
    Also why would you fracture her ? She's not more dangerous than Sion, Traya, Palpatine, or Nihilus

I just said fracture is an option to keep her from going until your anhilate cd is ready. In a traya team i would agree that she's not the first candidate but in other teams fracturing her has benifits. Like in a rex lead, you can fracture her, then kill rex and any other glass cannons. Obviously depends on the others in the team. Though stopping the aoe daze is important to keep the tm going on a palp lead team and it is easily manageable. Under a traya lead, I could see nest being a pain since she's one additional pain in the butt to kill character in a team already full of them. To be honest, the biggest problem with traya teams is it times out before you get the last few killed. Part of that is probably just inexperience in facing traya. We only got our first traya team about two days ago so I've only fought it a few times. I did beat it once though so it is not impossible.
  • Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Vader or Boba fett could deal with her... If you stack enough debuffs....

Just took out a 7star G12 nest in arena with Vader... Not sure how many debuffs I think 6....
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    Options

I just said fracture is an option to keep her from going until your anhilate cd is ready. In a traya team i would agree that she's not the first candidate but in other teams fracturing her has benifits. Like in a rex lead, you can fracture her, then kill rex and any other glass cannons. Obviously depends on the others in the team. Though stopping the aoe daze is important to keep the tm going on a palp lead team and it is easily manageable. Under a traya lead, I could see nest being a pain since she's one additional pain in the butt to kill character in a team already full of them. To be honest, the biggest problem with traya teams is it times out before you get the last few killed. Part of that is probably just inexperience in facing traya. We only got our first traya team about two days ago so I've only fought it a few times. I did beat it once though so it is not impossible.

The problem in Traya teams is the 200K HP Nihilus and the Sion that does more dmg than Scavenger Rey but can tank better than GK and revives like Zombie.

Honestly, people here are freaking out for no reason, she's so overrated
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    My way to deal with the Nest.

Use your brain an work around her kit.

- stun her.(f.e. with Raid Han)
    - deal with the others
    - kill Nest last
    - shock her to prevent health regeneration and TM gain
    - optional: daze her to prevent counters
    - DONT fracture her (or use other TM reduction attacks) if she is the last enemy on the field
    - use strong single attacks (or simply annihilate her)
    - let her take turns to reset the bonusprotection.

She becomes easyer to kill the faster she is.

She is great on offense in your own squad but easy to counter if you understand her kit.
  • crzydroid
    7324 posts Moderator
    Options
    Haven't faced her, but seems like you would deal with her the same way you deal with Zylo....stun her, let her take a turn, stun her again, etc.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Nest is now greater then Traya, go figure. Easy enough. Another reason to not do Heroic Sith, out of the 100 other reasons.

I'm being cautious since i've never faced nest, but i'm guessing i'd rather face a team with nest in it than a team with traya in it.

I've faced Nest - 7* version too. I would much rather face a team with Nest in it (easy win - just stun her and leave her for later - then just use basic attacks and ability block) than even a 5* Traya team. I have never lost to a Nest team in arena. I have lost to Traya almost every time.

Her kit is solid - but easy to defeat if you play smart or run anyone with ability block. If you use Thrawn, his basic is actually better then fracturing her. It speeds her up (which you want) then ability blocks (which is also good). If you run Vader, she will always be limited to her basic, if you alternate his basic and Thrawn's basic. Generally, if you just speed your characters up (and her, to an extent) and not try to slow her down and can prevent her from using her specials too much, she's fairly easy to control.

And if you run out of time, you can just set it to auto basic in most teams and slowly chip away at her. The problem is when the AI starts using TMR specials against her.
  • Options

The problem in Traya teams is the 200K HP Nihilus and the Sion that does more dmg than Scavenger Rey but can tank better than GK and revives like Zombie.

Honestly, people here are freaking out for no reason, she's so overrated

Yeah Traya teams can be a pain for sure. The problem I have is that you practically have to anhilate nihlas, sion, and traya to get rid of them and i can only anhilate so much. I can see where adding nest to a traya team can make it more frustrating but if you've managed to get through traya, nihlas, and sion, it shouldn't be too bad to get rid of nest. The only issue could be that it times out but with practice i would think the strategy can be sped up to help deal with that. -Zarris with GK used to a time out team but Nightmare goes through them lkie they are nothing
  • vhiranodal
    11 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    If I remember correctly Shock allows Thrawn to give the Shocked toon Protection from his Grand Admiral's Command ability. Which is neither healing, nor a buff. It's just adding Protection to that toon.

I believe Nest's Unique mechanic works in the same way.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    vhiranodal wrote: »
    If I remember correctly Shock allows Thrawn to give the Shocked toon Protection from his Grand Admiral's Command ability. Which is neither healing, nor a buff. It's just adding Protection to that toon.

I believe Nest's Unique mechanic works in the same way.

I Think he dispels debuffs first? Maybe not. Does Shock allow Phoenix to regen protection?
  • vhiranodal
    11 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    I Think he dispels debuffs first? Maybe not. Does Shock allow Phoenix to regen protection?

Then I must be thinking about another toon, because I forgot about the dispel. Or maybe it's JTR's Healing Immunity I was thinking of...dang it, my bad
  • laresil
    4 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    She isn't hard to deal with when she is on defense. I think the issue is, she has made offense even easier than it already was for some people. I now can wipe the floor with treya teams with much better mods than I have. I was a f2p player, but whaled on nest so I could compete with all the meta teams.

Obviously I am happy with this, but I can see why people on my shard would be angry with a bunch of new people pushing the for first.
  • Options
    I was wowed they released a non-legendary, non-raid toon this good and with no warning. I marveled over the theory last night after unlocking. I stood in horror this morning that she has already taken #1 in my shard on a Rex/wampa/DN/thrawn team replacing CLS at 3 stars and g11 with god speed mods. This morning, Reddit has shown me something initially terrifying but with some potential ways to handle it.

Check this out and pay close attention to what is happening.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/8nigzy/fracturing_a_deathmarked_nest_not_even_a_scratch/

What are we seeing?
    A stunned Enfys is already deathmarked and heal blocked. She already has a massive bonus protection bar. She takes 4 hits from thrawn's fracture over the deathmark and healblock, and NOTHING HAPPENS. Seems like a very sticky situation to have gotten into.

***EDIT***--- the OP of the Reddit post has realized that they pre-stacked a very high amount of protection before this by trying to stunlock and burn her. They retried and used a strategy much like one I've posted later in thread and killed her off just fine with their same team.

The ability (at level 1) reads:
    "When Nest is damaged by an attack, she gains... 40% bonus protection (stacking). This Bonus Protection increases by an additional 40% each time."

How does her protection stacking work? My theory: 40% on first hit, 80% second hit, 120% third hit, etc? Is this the intended way it is doing it? (I tagged devs below and someone did in the kit release thread) A factorial stacking gives her essentially invulnerability until her next turn if she survives the initial damage and you keep attacking her. .

If they intended it to be 40, 40+40, 40+40+40, etc...Multihitters will give her 80-160% bonus protection in a single attack.

So....Is our only option to hit her ONCE per one of her turns while she can basically put out devastating debuffs, steal tm, stack crit damage if unaddressed, or just sit there and take no damage if attacked? Is our only option Annihilate?

easy counter to her is just use MT, protection doesn't mean squat if you bypass it.

• Aliea
    63 posts Member
    Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks, here are some answers:

Why doesn't Buff Immunity or Healing Immunity prevent Nest's ability to regain protection?
    • Nest gains bonus Max Protection which cannot be prevented. This bonus Protection is not a buff (positive status effect) and therefore not prevented by Buff Immunity.
      Healing Immunity also doesn't prevent Nest gaining Protection due to her unique ability "adding" new Protection and not "healing" existing missing protection. This is also therefore not considered healing a character.

How can she take on 5 characters by herself and not die?
    • Nest’s unique kit requires you to not just attack her repeatedly but be mindful of when you decide to take her out. You need to do a couple high damage attacks and then leave her alone until she attacks and sets all her protection back to zero.
      The AI on defense is not great at understanding how to stop her from gaining tons of protection but a smart player will be able to counter her abilities and remember that she gains increasing amounts of protection each time you hit her until the end of her turn.

How Nest is even beatable?!?!? She's super OP!!!
    • If you aren't trying to focus on attacking her you can keeping her from taking a turn with stuns or stop her counter attacking with daze abilities. If you are trying to finish her off, Fracture or Turn Meter removal can be detrimental in this pursuit! This will give her more chances to get those unique stacks of protection and become very hard to defeat until she takes a turn.
      In short, you don't want to hit her with a large number of attacks before she has a chance to attack back. High damage, single shot attacks are her worst nightmare.
      Nest’s unique mechanics mean that many standard strategies won’t work when she’s on the team so we expect there be a bit of learning curve before folks start really figuring out how to defeat her efficiently.

Are you going to nerf her kit already?!?!?!
    • We have no plans to modify her balance at this time. We expect her to be a great character to slot into a wide variety of teams and that she will be a strong answer to teams that prevent characters from taking turns. As with all characters, we will be monitoring Nest’s balance and re-evaluate if her performance is out of line.

• Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I been preaching this everyone . Right now everyone is using nest with Sith use Thrawn lead troopers and it goes down very fast and very easy. Save til last don’t fracture at the end when it’s just nest use cleanse and non attacking specials to manage hitting her once per her turn . Very easy when she’s with resistance or under rex is a different story just use your DN then ignore if u can and annililate when available .
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    Here’s a video of it . https://youtu.be/f2E99g9-1KA
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I'm glad the theory community took this one on in earnest. She's not nearly as OP as we first thought, but she is definitely the strongest non-raid, non-legendary toon by a mile. An instant new Titan.

Also, I'm really liking the magmatrooper play in the video above. I think a lot of people have some form of this team at modest gearing so traya has yet another good counter team.

So I think our options to deal with her unique are conclusively:
    - Plague (fastest kill)
    - stun/fracture until ready to deal with her then...
    - Annihilate
    - big single-hit damage and repeat on her next turn
    Post edited by Anavel_Gato on
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    She's not nearly as OP as we first thought

When JTR was released last year I learned very quickly that's it's pointless to jump to conclusions on any new toon. Wait to see how it plays out first.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Her protection recovery leading to a unkillable enfys is linked to bad play, however, sometimes when you have your opponent's team trashed, hows it fair that they end up with an unkillable toon? 5v1 and you can't kill it seems bad design.
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    Her protection recovery leading to a unkillable enfys is linked to bad play, however, sometimes when you have your opponent's team trashed, hows it fair that they end up with an unkillable toon? 5v1 and you can't kill it seems bad design.

No, it's bad strategy on your part. She's not unkillable. Let her take a turn, her protection resets, then you kill her. Don't fracture her, don't slow her down, don't remove turn meter. Wait, then kill. Easy.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    The nice thing about Nest is you almost always have to leave her until last and she can be really disruptive while she is alive. She is actually even harder to kill with the new scoundrels but no one seems to even try to run them. Ive seen no one other than Nest in TW.
  • Options
    I beat her with zBastila, gm yoda, qgj, vader and ezra - ezra died and so did qgj Vaders damage over time hit her just after she got out of stun...