Addressing Enfys Nest unique protection stacking

Replies

• Options
    Too early to assess her in totality. That's the beauty of the game...nobody knows how she will interact with every other character.

But, we know this for sure -

She's good. Perhaps, very good.

But...however good - there will be ways to beat her.
  • Options
    Round two of testing says that nihilus and plague can easily deal with her... with the caveat that whatever team you put together needs to be able to contend with both Enfys and the team she is placed on because she can be on nearly ANY team.

Also, as I posted above... to kill her without DN or plague, she must take turns just like the zKylo under zMatt setup.

I don't have traya to try Isolate and I don't have probe droid. A 'fresh' Enfys even with decent mods doesn't have the effective HP to survive probe droid's explosion (that I've seen posted so far).
  • PukeCrywalker
    77 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    The devs add something cool(Scoundrels Nest Qi'ra & etc) and folks starting belly aching in less than 24hrs!!!! Grow up and accept the new meta(I HOPE)!! Finally a non super RNG dependent meta!! These devs do a lot of hard work coding and balancing this game and the constant complaining on here is no more the level than that of a spoiled child that doesn't get their way and keep the Emp(RNG slave) as meta. Folks already theorocrafting ways to beat something designed to be unbeatable(for a time) is just humerous. Perhaps, taking time to gear the new Scoundrels and drop some $ if you fancy to 7* instead of this insipid sniffling, well served, may be!! Mmmmmm hm hm hm hm....Yes....(in my best Frank Oz voice)
  • petersont79
    291 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Nest is now greater then Traya, go figure. Easy enough. Another reason to not do Heroic Sith, out of the 100 other reasons.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Nest is now greater then Traya, go figure. Easy enough. Another reason to not do Heroic Sith, out of the 100 other reasons.

I'm being cautious since i've never faced nest, but i'm guessing i'd rather face a team with nest in it than a team with traya in it.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited June 2018
    Options
    leef wrote: »

I'm being cautious since i've never faced nest, but i'm guessing i'd rather face a team with nest in it than a team with traya in it.

This.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    This mechanic is similar to the Sith raid bosses, there are ways to strategically get around that. You just need to be on top of it..

Except the AI will never, ever be 'on top of it'. She's an automatic win on offense making defense even more irrelevant than it normally is.

Introducing a character that absolutely requires human intervention (and specific chars on top of that intervention) is something that that should have been given a little more thought. Particularly just a marquee character essentially given for free to everyone currently playing.
  • Options
    I don't see much issue with this. Most of the meta run sith under ep. That team includes nihilas which can anhilate her. I kinda doubt it'll be meta changing but time will tell.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Go to the bonus tier of her event, remove everyone but her and a level 1 guy of yours. Hit auto. GG.

She is a little OP.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    Go to the bonus tier of her event, remove everyone but her and a level 1 guy of yours. Hit auto. GG.

She is a little OP.

that's just because those enemies do poor dmg. She loses all protection, but her health steal and her counters make sure she heals back up to full health. That can easily be overcome by simply doing more dmg.
  • Options
    New toons are always slightly op. It's called power creep and it is necessary for their business model. I don't see it as a problem as long as the good iconic characters like ep and vader get the occasional rework. It would be a problem if the character could not be beaten but that isn't the case. And how one unit performs in an event is not the sole indicator of them being un beatable. If I recall the enemies are fairly generic med damage dealers with nothing special in their kits. That of course would be hard to beat her with.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I don't see much issue with this. Most of the meta run sith under ep. That team includes nihilas which can anhilate her. I kinda doubt it'll be meta changing but time will tell.

But most EP teams also run Thrawn and are AoE heavy. You have to pull Thrawn which means you now don't have a cleanser to deal with her AoE Daze which means your DN will never get a turn. They're just not going to be able to hold aganst her. Paired with Wampa under Rex (who the AI can't handle either) EP teams will be easy marks for anyone with a 3s G11 Nest.

This is also true with EP led Traya teams (which are currently the best holding). So Traya owners will have to switch to Traya lead which hasn't shown a lot of good results considering the difficulty in acquiring her.

The only real hope on defense is a Rex team with DN and GK to give dual cleanse. And that assumes the AI uses DN's fracture on Nest. Which is won't. Because AI.
  • Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »

But most EP teams also run Thrawn and are AoE heavy. You have to pull Thrawn which means you now don't have a cleanser to deal with her AoE Daze which means your DN will never get a turn. They're just not going to be able to hold aganst her. Paired with Wampa under Rex (who the AI can't handle either) EP teams will be easy marks for anyone with a 3s G11 Nest.

This is also true with EP led Traya teams (which are currently the best holding). So Traya owners will have to switch to Traya lead which hasn't shown a lot of good results considering the difficulty in acquiring her.

The only real hope on defense is a Rex team with DN and GK to give dual cleanse. And that assumes the AI uses DN's fracture on Nest. Which is won't. Because AI.

I think you could still run thrawn in the team and fracture her if needed. You just can't fracture her and expect to kill her while fractured. You can still fracture her to get her out of the way. Then kill rest of the team and anhilate her at the end
  • Options
    I fracture wampa all the time to keep him out of the battle then kill everyone else and anhilate him. It is the same concept
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @leef @DarkHelmet1138 Dont get me wrong, Im not mad about it. I liked in the movie (saw it 2nd time last night) and like her kit here. But she needs more than 1 or 2 counters. They have been doing really well with balance lately and this is not that though.

Put her on a team with Qira, Vandor, YHS and Clone Chewie lead for his defense up (for now - Beckett or young lando or L3 or Voss or whoever is next) and she is going to be near impossible to kill even with extreme damage.

Vandor and Qira regen health and protection from UNIQUES so they dont need to be in leader spot for the team to get the bonuses. Defense up from CWC makes even Vet Han hard to kill. Add defense up on a character that regens health, protection, and gets 120% bonus protection? Not going to die. And Vandor and Nest both counter 100% of the time, so Young Han is going to be assisting like crazy. Oh and unless you have Nihilus, whichever toon you take forever to kill will be rezzed by Vandor.

This is a new meta. Which I dont mind. But it is going to be a tough team to beat and will cost $1200 (300 each for the 4 new characters) to unlock before 8 weeks from now. So, yeah.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    Options
    So....Is our only option to hit her ONCE per one of her turns while she can basically put out devastating debuffs, steal tm, stack crit damage if unaddressed, or just sit there and take no damage if attacked? Is our only option Annihilate?

Yes. And yes
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    She's good atm because most teams rely on extensive turn meter reduction and fracture. She just gets more and more protection from such behavior. Until she takes her turn.

I'm very glad she was introduced, something to change things up.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    So....Is our only option to hit her ONCE per one of her turns while she can basically put out devastating debuffs, steal tm, stack crit damage if unaddressed, or just sit there and take no damage if attacked? Is our only option Annihilate?

Yes. And yes

Yes. And no, to be more correct. Use a character that builds offense throughout the battle, or compiles debuffs for extra damage. Apply passive debuffs and hit her with culling blade. Don't use Vader's AoE because the DoTs will trigger extra protection. Be smart...

Stunning, buff immunity, ability block. All viable options to keep her from afflicting your team or clearing buffs.

Hit her hard, once per turn initially to get rid of her initial protection. Ideally stunning at the same time or with a passive stun to follow up. Plenty of options there. Tons of characters inflict ability block too. Critical Chance down, offense down etc.

I've said it before, hit her with Thrawn's basic. Force a turn early with speed up, then ability block automatically. She's "neutered"... Wait..."hysterectomied??"

Use the current Meta but in a different way.

ADAPT!
  • Options
    Only word from the devs lately has been about the sith heroic raid rewards, catering to the whales as usual. Be surprised if they comment on this anytime before wallets have been dried out
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Guessing maybe stacking a few thermal detonators on her then Zam or Boba may work? Still going to be tough to one shot her.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Only word from the devs lately has been about the sith heroic raid rewards, catering to the whales as usual. Be surprised if they comment on this anytime before wallets have been dried out

they already have
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1565566#Comment_1565566
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    @leef @DarkHelmet1138 Dont get me wrong, Im not mad about it. I liked in the movie (saw it 2nd time last night) and like her kit here. But she needs more than 1 or 2 counters. They have been doing really well with balance lately and this is not that though.

Put her on a team with Qira, Vandor, YHS and Clone Chewie lead for his defense up (for now - Beckett or young lando or L3 or Voss or whoever is next) and she is going to be near impossible to kill even with extreme damage.

Vandor and Qira regen health and protection from UNIQUES so they dont need to be in leader spot for the team to get the bonuses. Defense up from CWC makes even Vet Han hard to kill. Add defense up on a character that regens health, protection, and gets 120% bonus protection? Not going to die. And Vandor and Nest both counter 100% of the time, so Young Han is going to be assisting like crazy. Oh and unless you have Nihilus, whichever toon you take forever to kill will be rezzed by Vandor.

This is a new meta. Which I dont mind. But it is going to be a tough team to beat and will cost $1200 (300 each for the 4 new characters) to unlock before 8 weeks from now. So, yeah.

I doubt many except the super whales will build an entire team around this so its not like the meta will change drastically. You may see her in a few teams and see maybe one team of new scoundrels in a shard but i doubt many will drop enough cash for a team reqiring 3 or more new marque characters. Especially an untested one. A $1200 pay wall will stop most from playing the new team.
  • Options

they already have
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1565566#Comment_1565566

Ah fair enough so , thanks for linking
  • Options
    I don’t believe this is any more op than nihilus stacking 30% max health anytime sion gets hit with a debuff. At least this one stops stacking after each turn
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    I don’t believe this is any more op than nihilus stacking 30% max health anytime sion gets hit with a debuff. At least this one stops stacking after each turn

I'm not someone complaining about the kit, but just wanted to point out that you can heal block or fracture Nihilus to prevent it. Big difference.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

I'm not someone complaining about the kit, but just wanted to point out that you can heal block or fracture Nihilus to prevent it. Big difference.

We have plague, which is very effective for ignoring protection. Combine it with one of the many characters with a reliable sun (to prevent health steal) and this part of her kit is easily manageable

• TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I'm not someone complaining about the kit

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    Options
    I run MT lead, Nest is irrelevant, she kills herself with Plague, I don't even have to attack her once.

I don't run Nightmare but I'm guessing saving DN Annihilate for her works as well.

In any case, if the meta changes it's not the end of the world, it's been Sith since at least February ?

Or worse case we have this rock paper scizzors game:

Rex/CLS > Palpa/Treya > NS > JTR/Nest > Palpa Treya
  • Options
    Have you actually played against her? Our shard whale had her in a JTR + GK team, but swapped her out after one day. Which makes sense cause my rex titans ate her alive as last toon standing. Keep her stunlocked until big hits can go right after her turn, easy peasy.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

I've faced Nest - 7* version too. I would much rather face a team with Nest in it (easy win - just stun her and leave her for later - then just use basic attacks and ability block) than even a 5* Traya team. I have never lost to a Nest team in arena. I have lost to Traya almost every time.

Her kit is solid - but easy to defeat if you play smart or run anyone with ability block. If you use Thrawn, his basic is actually better then fracturing her. It speeds her up (which you want) then ability blocks (which is also good). If you run Vader, she will always be limited to her basic, if you alternate his basic and Thrawn's basic. Generally, if you just speed your characters up (and her, to an extent) and not try to slow her down and can prevent her from using her specials too much, she's fairly easy to control.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*