Did they nerf Kylo command shuttle?

It used to be that the strike team ability on the command shuttle would feed turn meter to the capital ship. Now it doesn’t do it. Why the nerf as that was a solid ability for that ship?

Replies

• Qhue
    31 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah that was one of the core things that made the command shuttle very attractive when fighting against things like Tie Fighter and Tie Reaper which wreck capital ship turn meter. I guess they didn't like that usage of the ability and stealth-nerfed it.
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    as i ve said: i dont recall it doing that.
  • Xcrit9
    108 posts Member
    Options
    Seems stronger to me have you read what the ship does
  • Options
    They probably nerfed it because after nerfing so many other ships they realized it was OP.
  • Options
    Too late now it’s already nerfed.
    Lets move on
  • Options
    i recall it doing this, and made a post as well, but got shut down and sent to answers HQ. i absolutely remember the tm going to capital ship, but it would have been op to keep the ability as is, when the CDs are reduced every time a FO ally is damaged (you could spam strike team, and your capital ship would reach its ultimate way too fast)
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Plo's TM gain skill used to give capital ship TM as well. I think they changed the "ally allies" to only be in battle ships, and not capital ships. Looks like they were trying to limit how much you could interact with capital ship TM... Although they left it on the old meta ships simply making the new meta even less creative lol
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    They nerfed everything
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    They nerfed everything

Except Biggs. They buffed Biggs.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    tomostef wrote: »
    They had to nerf everything, so they could sell new OP ships that is yet to come...

By this logic they had to nerf CLS so they could release JTR.

In other words, your post makes no sense.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    They only boosted Biggs by nerfing damage. Once ships hit harder with omegas he'll drop like he did before. We just need more ways to get ship omegas to get our ships up to par with 2.0.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    They only boosted Biggs by nerfing damage. Once ships hit harder with omegas he'll drop like he did before. We just need more ways to get ship omegas to get our ships up to par with 2.0.

The way = $$$ or patience.

No different than anything else in this game.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dwinkelm
    768 posts Member
    Options
    It’s not that all ships got nerfed... all ships had the entirety of their mechanics changed, there’s a BIG difference. IMO, there’s much better intra-synergy for factions, more difficult decisions to make (inflating the importance of strategy), and many more nuances that make ship arena incredibly more exciting, instead of incredibly predictable. I think the devs did a great job with the ships rework.... perhaps the best rework to date.
  • Options
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    It’s not that all ships got nerfed... all ships had the entirety of their mechanics changed, there’s a BIG difference. IMO, there’s much better intra-synergy for factions, more difficult decisions to make (inflating the importance of strategy), and many more nuances that make ship arena incredibly more exciting, instead of incredibly predictable. I think the devs did a great job with the ships rework.... perhaps the best rework to date.

Well, hey, there's one positive comment verse ~ 47 negative PAGES of comments - bet this is the only ones that'll be brought up on the next meeting too.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    In the announcement about ships, they mentioned how there was a large-scale rebalancing act (going from 5v5 to 3v3), so a lot has changed (ships feeling nerfed/buffed). It is also clear that the AI during ships has some new parameters that affect what ships come out, and what abilities they use. Ship combat has changed quite a bit from what it was, and some ships may feel 'weaker' at first, but it is still early. Stay involved in the strategic conversations in the Arena & Character Strategy sub-forum. People are finding new polished team compositions.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    It’s not like the command shuttle was meta in the first place and that ability was more advantageous than the abilities of ships that did not get removed which remained. That ability is now pretty much useless because you now only have a couple ships at best when you use it and remove all turn meter from one of them. Make it do something useful if you take the only useful thing it did away from it. I actually spent money on that ship.
  • Options
    srwhitewvu wrote: »
    It’s not like the command shuttle was meta in the first place and that ability was more advantageous than the abilities of ships that did not get removed which remained. That ability is now pretty much useless because you now only have a couple ships at best when you use it and remove all turn meter from one of them. Make it do something useful if you take the only useful thing it did away from it. I actually spent money on that ship.

@srwhitewvu actually, i use Silencer, Command, and FOSF as my starting 3 and reach top 3 daily. command shuttle is ridiculously good now actually
  • Mydove
    5 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @Khorvog_Karbossa Did you manage to stay on top 20 during next payout?
    I am regreting nowdays that I wasted my reinforecement material in command shuttle.

I was shocked to see that it no longer give turn meter to capital ship..
    I really think that they need to post it on the annoucement. Really annoying.
  • Options
    Mydove wrote: »
    @Khorvog_Karbossa Did you manage to stay on top 20 during next payout?
    I am regreting nowdays that I wasted my reinforecement material in command shuttle.

I was shocked to see that it no longer give turn meter to capital ship..
    I really think that they need to post it on the annoucement. Really annoying.

@Mydove
    I drop to usually somewhere between 20 and 30, but my win rate on offense is about 90%, so maximum 1 refresh to get to rank 1 or 2