Zader Heroic Rancor HELP.

Prev13
xXStR8_OwNiNXx
20 posts Member
edited June 2018
So I realize this question is so 2017, but before I get rHan to 7* (64/100) and let other guildies take top spots, I was hoping to Solo this thing. Preferably Auto. Some of the popular characters I don't have to solo with at 7 * are Jyn, CLS, Rex, Teebo, Bistan. Here's what I do have.. Can anyone suggest the appropriate combo? Thanks in advance

Zader glv 12 speed 171
ZPalp glv 10 speed 170
TFP glv 11 speed 217
Tarkin glv 12 speed 204
Thrawn glv 10 speed 192
FOO glv 10 speed 190
Magma glv 8 speed 157

All abilities are maxed with multiple omegas

Replies

• Options
    I think your Zader, TFP, Tarkin, Palp, and Thrawn can do it on auto. FOO doesn't benefit from Zader's lead, so don't use him. TFP has tenacity down so you need him, you need Thrawn's fracture, Tarkin's AOE, and the last spot is either Palp or magma. Since Palp has more gear, I recommend him.
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    Options
    I'd suggest you use the stores to get Teebo. In the meantime: Zader (L), Palp, TFP, Tarkin, Thrawn.
  • Options
    Dralkyr wrote: »
    I'd suggest you use the stores to get Teebo. In the meantime: Zader (L), Palp, TFP, Tarkin, Thrawn.

Don’t use teebo for auto squads.

And ep or magma for the fifth
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    This thread has been really helpful as I'm aiming to accomplish the same. I don't have a 7* Thrawn yet, but basically the same team as the OP, but I have a 7* Jyn.

I was thinking of running:
    zVader 200 spd
    EP 200 spd
    KRU (tanky tenacity down compared to TFP, who I also have) either at about 180 spd
    Tarkin 175 spd
    Jyn 190 spd

All my Empire guys have +60% potency and Jyn as well.

Will this work with everyone at G8-10?

Would TFP be better than KRU purely for the zVader leadership benefit? KRU also taunts/self-heals which is kind of a good tradeoff.
  • Barik_Edo
    202 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Do you have Bb8? He is awesome in a zVader led group.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    zVader 200 spd
    EP 200 spd
    KRU (tanky tenacity down compared to TFP, who I also have) either at about 180 spd
    Tarkin 175 spd
    Jyn 190 spd

Why use KRU, when you have TFP? It's all about TM reduction. TFP benefits from Zader's lead and hence gains a chance yo remove TM on every hit — KRU doesn't. Tankiness is not important, since you should aim at preventing the Rancor from taking any turn at all. If you insist on using KRU at least make him slow to not feed too much TM to the boss. KRU's only purpose will be to put tenacity down on the boss.

Potency is not really important after you've applied tenacity down. Speed is far more important. Actually speed is the only thing that matters (slow for KRU — fast for your TM removers).

518 posts Member
    Options
    Vader (L), TFP (mod w/ critical chance), Tarkin (mod w/ potency), Thrawn. Then between EP and Magma, it's completely up to you, though Magma hit like a wet noodle and Palpa hit hard and gives Offense Up as well, which make Culling Blade a burst that wipe out 40% of Rancor or more on crit when you topple him.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    @Waqui

I had edited my post to ask exactly that prior to your response. So yes, TFP over KRU. Sounds good. Thanks for the advice guys!
  • Options
    Barik_Edo wrote: »

I have bb8 but I just unlocked him so he's at gear level 7 and his abilities are only at 3. I just used a lot of stuff to Zeta Vader
  • Options
    Guest wrote: »
    Vader (L), TFP (mod w/ critical chance), Tarkin (mod w/ potency), Thrawn. Then between EP and Magma, it's completely up to you, though Magma hit like a wet noodle and Palpa hit hard and gives Offense Up as well, which make Culling Blade a burst that wipe out 40% of Rancor or more on crit when you topple him.

So it sounds like I should Auto the pigs but use manual on the monster to ensure calling blade hits with the proper Buffs in place.. I was hoping with my gear levels that I could just run in and get it done in 10 minutes on auto
  • Options
    This thread has been really helpful as I'm aiming to accomplish the same. I don't have a 7* Thrawn yet, but basically the same team as the OP, but I have a 7* Jyn.

zVader 200 spd
    EP 200 spd
    Tarkin 175 spd
    Jyn 190 spd

Would TFP be better than KRU purely for the zVader leadership benefit? KRU also taunts/self-heals which is kind of a good tradeoff.

I'm glad this thread is useful to you. I know all of this is old news and most threads on heroic rancor are well over a year old.. most of the information doesn't even include the Vader and Palpatine reworks
  • Barik_Edo
    202 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Barik_Edo wrote: »

I have bb8 but I just unlocked him so he's at gear level 7 and his abilities are only at 3. I just used a lot of stuff to Zeta Vader

Understood. He doesn't need to be geared that well, just there for ID. He unleashes Vader. 10 minute run below.

https://youtu.be/ztcLSqOgrzE
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    @xXStR8_OwNiNXx

Yeah. Just because the longer term players have solo'd heroic Pit months and years ago doesn't mean newer players don't want to as well. It's an item on my to-do list and really look forward to accomplishing it.

As I said above too, I don't have Thrawn but I did just get 7* BB8 this past week. Like you he's under geared and not leveled up.

Is it worth having non-Empire toons under Zader other than Jyn/Bistan? They seem the most beneficial.
  • Options
    FOO would work well. Doesn't need Vader's lead. Has TM removal and grants offense and crit up.
  • Options
    What the heck! That video was ridiculous.
  • Options
    @xXStR8_OwNiNXx

Yeah. Just because the longer term players have solo'd heroic Pit months and years ago doesn't mean newer players don't want to as well. It's an item on my to-do list and really look forward to accomplishing it.

As I said above too, I don't have Thrawn but I did just get 7* BB8 this past week. Like you he's under geared and not leveled up.

Is it worth having non-Empire toons under Zader other than Jyn/Bistan? They seem the most beneficial.
    Jyn/bistan are good even in an empire squad. If you're looking for a random toon that can help, FOO and Rex can do the job
  • Options
    @xXStR8_OwNiNXx

Jyn/bistan are good even in an empire squad. If you're looking for a random toon that can help, FOO and Rex can do the job

So I can replace Palp with FOO..I know it's all about tmr...so is that the way to go?
  • Options
    So I can replace Palp with FOO..I know it's all about tmr...so is that the way to go?

No, because of Zader's lead, Palp will be able to remove turn meter too. Use Palp over FOO.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    Jyn's Omega on her truncheon strike also transfers whatever gets removed back to her, so if timed right that's a huge bonus.

Would Tarkin get replaced with Thrawn or is Tarkins guaranteed TM removal on Ultimate Firepower worth more? Might make more sense to swap EP for Thrawn for fracture.
  • Options

So I can replace Palp with FOO..I know it's all about tmr...so is that the way to go?[/quote]

If your EP is viable use him, but I use FOO in rancor every time and the tmr is very helpful and he would be good if you're looking for a replacement for whatever reason
  • Options
    Thanks for the help guys..Soloed it in 12 min on auto with Zader Zalp TFP Tarkin Thrawn
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    What are the stats on your team for it? Looking at what to aim for gear & mod-wise.

Congrats!
  • Options
    What are the stats on your team for it? Looking at what to aim for gear & mod-wise.

Congrats!

My speed/gear per character are listed in OP. Lots of potency around the board. If you want more info on the squad check here.

https://swgoh.gg/u/xxstr8owninxx/
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

No, because of Zader's lead, Palp will be able to remove turn meter too. Use Palp over FOO.

Agreed. EP removes TM through Zader's lead, speeds up Vader through Vader's unique and provides offense up for extra damage. FOO is not at all bad, but I would prefer EP.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help guys..Soloed it in 12 min on auto with Zader Zalp TFP Tarkin Thrawn

Yay! Congrats.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I just checked your mods on swgoh.gg. You have plenty room for improvement still. You can speed your Vader up even more, f.ex. by giving him a diamond mond with speed secondary. You can improve his dmg by giving him an offense cross instead of his current potency cross. You can improve TFP's chance to inflict tenacity down by giving it a crit chance triangle. All this will also improve your performance in arena. Under zEP lead you would want your Vader as fast as possible. Furthermore he doesn't need potency unless fighting opponents with in excess of 15% tenacity more than his potency (after calculating any bonus from EP lead).
  • Options
    I would use Zader, Tarkin, FOO, Magma, Thrawn.
  • Options
    I would argue FOO>EP
    FOO has guaranteed TM removal as opposed to EP under Zader lead (50% chance).
    His Marching Orders and Thrawns Command targeting each other would make both their cooldowns faster and do their TM removal abilities more frequently.
    I think Marching Orders makes FOO better over EP in HPit raid.
    FOO is also naturally faster than EP.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    I just checked your mods on swgoh.gg. You have plenty room for improvement still. You can speed your Vader up even more, f.ex. by giving him a diamond mond with speed secondary. You can improve his dmg by giving him an offense cross instead of his current potency cross. You can improve TFP's chance to inflict tenacity down by giving it a crit chance triangle. All this will also improve your performance in arena. Under zEP lead you would want your Vader as fast as possible. Furthermore he doesn't need potency unless fighting opponents with in excess of 15% tenacity more than his potency (after calculating any bonus from EP lead).

Thx...I'll look to make those changes and I appreciate the advice
  • TK626
    29 posts Member
    Options

I have a similar team i could field until I get Jyn to 7*. Currently i run Zader, TFP, Tarkin, Thrawn, and Teebo. I've been throwing around the idea of swapping out Tarkin for FOO because his TMR seems more consistent for an auto team. My main issue now is, it takes 39 minutes to complete it on manual and i'm afraid to auto it. But if the above team will do it on auto, that would be great. Were there any close calls in any of the phases? Some manual the side piggies on P1 before hitting auto, did you? Do you see this as a consistent auto team?