No more Jedi reworks incoming in near future...

Prev134
Iy4oy4s
2933 posts Member
Supposedly Capgasp said on reddit that there is no more Jedi reworks in the near future. GMY was it, so don’t get your hopes up like me and all the game changers have.

Replies

• Options
    Take it with a grain of salt. They just said yesterday they can’t say anything about anything until next quarter.
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I'd rather focus on what has been released recently than chase yet another meta shift and have 6 months of nothing. Pace the content is delivered these days is actually too fast for them to handle. Let them take their time, test stuff, tweak and debug what's released already
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    Options
    You got to see the big picture, most of top end guilds are about to unlock Traya in a few weeks, so in the next road ahead, there might be some good news about Jedi, things can change dramatically in this game.
  • Options
    Xezee wrote: »
    I'd rather focus on what has been released recently than chase yet another meta shift and have 6 months of nothing. Pace the content is delivered these days is actually too fast for them to handle. Let them take their time, test stuff, tweak and debug what's released already

Exactly. If they reworked a faction every month it wouldn't be long until there were no more left
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Options
    Reworking a team of already existing characters is useless and brings no money. You can make jedi bundles but nobody will buy them. This is how they take decisions, stick to this pattern and you'll foresee everything. It must be work=money.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Not supposedly, he did.

rbjyo1mp4v33.jpg
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Drazhar wrote: »
    Reworking a team of already existing characters is useless and brings no money. You can make jedi bundles but nobody will buy them. This is how they take decisions, stick to this pattern and you'll foresee everything. It must be work=money.

You're totally right. They don't do reworks, because there is no money in them. That's why the Sith were reworked, the Trooperes were reworked, the Nightsisters were reworked, the Bounty Hunters were reworked, the First Order was reworked, the Resistance was reworked, some Empire characters were reworked, and the New Hope Rebels were reworked. Because they don't do reworks.

It's a shame that everyone who plays this game has every single toon at 7*/g12, and that no new players are allowed to start. Because then new players would spend to get reworked characters for the first time, and long timers would spend to gear up reworked toons that have been sitting at the bottom of their roster. Then reworks would be profitable. If only.
  • Options
    Presumably there probably is a Jedi rework coming...at some point in the future. I guess Capgasp was saying it's not on the agenda in the near future. I guess not this year. Or maybe next. But maybe after that?

I think it's pretty unlikely that any faction will categorically never be reworked. Particualrly one as iconic as the Jedi.

But yeah...no Jedi rework any time soon. If you believe them...consistency and truthfullness don't always seem in that abundant supply.
  • Options
    Since they most always do the opposite of what they say...

Jedi rework confirmed?
  • Options
    At least he posted it on the official forums this time so we could all see it, oh wait.......
    Ooba hutar.
  • Options
    As much as I would like to see new and shiny, I want a stable game with the bugs worked out.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

You're totally right. They don't do reworks, because there is no money in them. That's why the Sith were reworked, the Trooperes were reworked, the Nightsisters were reworked, the Bounty Hunters were reworked, the First Order was reworked, the Resistance was reworked, some Empire characters were reworked, and the New Hope Rebels were reworked. Because they don't do reworks.

It's a shame that everyone who plays this game has every single toon at 7*/g12, and that no new players are allowed to start. Because then new players would spend to get reworked characters for the first time, and long timers would spend to gear up reworked toons that have been sitting at the bottom of their roster. Then reworks would be profitable. If only.

I really liked your sarcasm.
    BTW, I dont understand why do many people think it is bad that CG makes profit with this game.
    Making money with hard work supposed to be an honorable thing...
  • Options
    Let’s give a shout out to Cap. Honestly he’s a gift to us. In a time where new toons and faction reworks are probably the thing most kept silent about, he straight up said - this isn’t happening anytime soon.
    Cap has always been more on Reddit than here. imo he’s cool af and we should be thanking the one dev that actually gives us what we want. Communication
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    At least he posted it on the official forums this time so we could all see it, oh wait.......

This.

@CG_CapGaSP why would you post this on reddit and not here?

Edit: @Vinny_Vader_Vedi yes, he's cool and the communication is cool. But this should be the first place for information provided by the devs, not the last.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    People would be pretty **** if traya wasn't meta anymore just as lower guilds start to unlock her
  • Options

Absolutely - great to see I can go to one place and get all the info on SW:GOH.... assuming other people re-post it here!
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options

BTW, I dont understand why do many people think it is bad that CG makes profit with this game.

It's the American Dream. I always find it funny when people say they're "motivated by money" as if it's some kind of insult. Yeah. Thanks for making something I mostly enjoy, you should be in the poor house!
  • Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Xezee wrote: »

I agree with you. I was more excited for maybe another Sith raid team. That raid is realllllllly boring and a chore.

You got one though. GMY makes Jedi viable in P1. There's already multiple videos and one is coming out that shows them doing 6.2 million.
  • Options
    SWG, SWTOR, SWGOH, Jedi were all underpowered. I think game devs are inherently Sith.
  • Options
    SWG, SWTOR, SWGOH, Jedi were all underpowered. I think game devs are inherently Sith.

That’s why we need Pong Krell and Quinlan Vos, they’ve got no problem getting their hands dirty if someone needs a beating
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

Agreed. I completely understand people saying that something is overpriced, so they won't buy it. Also if the game doesn't strike a balance between enjoyable and profitable it won't last. It's definitely good if we voice our concerns when things get out of balance. But people come on here with a, 'how dare they make money off of their job', mentality. Making money doesn't make you greedy, and evil.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    So then the rework is useless for HSTR unless you paid for Visas. Joy.
  • Options
    While I appreciate the communication, this seems so horrible. I think one of the most asked for thing is a Jedi rework, specifically mace and anakin who are useless but are some of the most powerful characters in Star Wars. Why they would make the most central faction to all of light side Star Wars across all eras useless is ridiculous. Why give sith such awesome and amazing meta defining reworks but not do jedi. I really don’t understand this. This hoped for/expected Jedi rework is what has been keeping me playing. The cap gasp post makes it sound like it isn’t coming at all, not that it just isn’t coming this month.Without this hope, for me, there just isn’t really anything to look forward to. Maybe Jedi Luke. Or Jedi Revan. Man this is disappointing.
  • Options
    While I appreciate the communication, this seems so horrible. I think one of the most asked for thing is a Jedi rework, specifically mace and anakin who are useless but are some of the most powerful characters in Star Wars. Why they would make the most central faction to all of light side Star Wars across all eras useless is ridiculous. Why give sith such awesome and amazing meta defining reworks but not do jedi. I really don’t understand this. This hoped for/expected Jedi rework is what has been keeping me playing. The cap gasp post makes it sound like it isn’t coming at all, not that it just isn’t coming this month.Without this hope, for me, there just isn’t really anything to look forward to. Maybe Jedi Luke. Or Jedi Revan. Man this is disappointing.

Honestly? I'd relax and take what was said with a -

894uxdhvujbl.png
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Not supposedly, he did.

rbjyo1mp4v33.jpg

@CG_CapGaSP Thank you. This is what communication looks like. Can you teach a class or something for everyone else ; ) Not everyone will like the message, but everyone should appreciate the communication.
  • Obi_six_Kenobi
    370 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

894uxdhvujbl.png

Nice! I like the picture, and appreciate the sentiment, I’m normally the one telling people to calm down, and I really don’t complain much (of ever, you can check my other posts for proof) Regardless of if I like the devs decisions, I’ve gotten a lot of enjoyment out of a free game and really have no grounds to complain.

But it is hard to see how to read, “ We are not currently reworking Anakin, and we do not have any intention to do so at this time. Same goes for Mace and all other Jedi currently in-game (obviously not counting the just released GM Yoda rework)." With a grain of salt to beleive anything other than that they aren’t going to be re worked. And when that is something I’ve been looking forward to for a long time, it is disappointing.

But yes you are probably right, and I don’t like to see myself complain, I just needed to vent you know. Alright, we’ll this is me getting of my soap box:)
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

894uxdhvujbl.png

When one of the lead designers says that a jedi rework isn’t coming this year (another 6 months minimum) then it’s not something that requires salt. It’s a legitimate kick to the chops for those that have been waiting for a LONG time for Jedi to be useful again. Let’s be honest and break down the significance of the rework.
    All the rework does is make him a viable leader for the assault battle. There’s also one team that works in arena but it requires proper use otherwise it gets slaughtered by the sith meta. So on offense it’ll be fun but defense will not work.
    Then there’s the “major help” with HSTR. Well he works on one team but that one team requires visas to work. Which means you had to pay for her at this point.

So, no it goes beyond salt.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    They really should have told the gamechangers about this so they didn’t hype it all up. I know that warrior, ahnoldt101 and mobliegamer are all thinking that more jedi reworks are coming as they have said in their vids. Then couple that with no official word on the official forums about it just plays against their “great communication”. So what was the reasoning behind just a GMY?

Yeah, they probably should have let that bit of info drop so that the GC's didn't unintentionally mislead a lot of players. Oh well, not like we lost anything in the process (unless you zeta'ed Yoda in anticipation).

GMY's rework allows him to give crit damage boosts, and spread tenacity, offense up & defense penetration up a lot more easily. Hit enemy with <50% health with basic, battle med, now you've got everyone with a significant offense boost. And thankfully, they don't even need to be Jedi for that to work. I'm ignoring his leader for now since I have zQGJ, and that lead offense bonus of 3xSpeed along with the reworks is turning GMY into a speedy attacker (11k basic on a non-crit) who can also boost everyone else. Pretty decent, though I agree it'd be nice to see some of the useless Jedi get a rework too.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m