No more Jedi reworks incoming in near future...

Replies

• Options
    Dralkyr wrote: »
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    I'd also ask that you all trust me when I say we've got some great stuff coming in the near future, and as soon as we can talk about it we will.

We don't. You have CG in front of your name. I'm sorry, but you all have a very, very long way to go before any of you get to ask us for trust again.

Have to say that's pretty rude. If your trust in them is that broken why are you still here? You must have some belief that things will get better and that they can fix it. It will undoubtedly be the same people working now that do this.
  • Options
    I’ve spent a considerable amount of time debating wether to start investing into yoda and a few of his current Jedi pals. Then I asked myself why would I do it ? Of course to beat all those palp and Traya teams in my arena and claim #1. But unfortunately that’s not why yoda was reworked .
    It’s sad to say but the rise of the Jedi In arena may not come for awhile or 2019 and here’s why .

Firstly why was yoda reworked
    1. To aid in the sith raid

That’s the only reason lol. And he makes Jedi teams good in the raid but not in the arena so much.

2. Is yoda a premiention of a Jedi meta or faction rework in the near future?

No, and here’s why.
    1. A faction rework is not coming, it takes a considerable amount of Time to do this, which they don’t have right now.
    2. A faction rework doesn’t need to be done, some Jedi are pretty decent already.

And here’s my theory of the future for yoda and his Jedi counterparts:

Episode 9 will be released dec 2019 , and with that we can predict a Jedi Rey with the end of the Lucus Star Wars saga.

so What will CG do with all this downtime until the next movie?

1. Improve bugs, polish the game
    2. Rework or polish some existing characters, maybe a Jedi or two
    3. Release a few prequel characters
    4. Release a few more ships
    5. Develop a raid or major event maybe not entirely for ships but one were ships participate.
    6. And finally I think a Jedi Luke is coming, young or old counterpart , and probably not for awhile, but before episode 9 sometime. With Jedi Luke , Jedi will start to become viable in the arena, but not fully until Jedi Rey comes.

So with all strong emotional feelings set aside of the want for a Jedi meta, my advice is just wait. I think by this time next year we can expect to see Traya and the sith castle start to crumble , but she will have a painfully long rule. Hold out and have some foresight for the road ahead.

• Options
    To those saying why didn't I post the same info here: You're right, I should have. But the Reddit post screencaps say everything that needs to be said. I really am just trying to head this off at the pass before people get angry at us for not doing something we never said we were going to do in the first place. I'd also ask that you all trust me when I say we've got some great stuff coming in the near future, and as soon as we can talk about it we will.

@TVF ^^ this is why I don’t mind. And I am in that camp of official forum should be the number one spot for communication. And like I said before Cap was more on reddit - even in the days of Jesse. If we can throw shade we can also give props.
  • Options
    To those saying why didn't I post the same info here: You're right, I should have. But the Reddit post screencaps say everything that needs to be said. I really am just trying to head this off at the pass before people get angry at us for not doing something we never said we were going to do in the first place. I'd also ask that you all trust me when I say we've got some great stuff coming in the near future, and as soon as we can talk about it we will.

@TVF ^^ this is why I don’t mind. And I am in that camp of official forum should be the number one spot for communication. And like I said before Cap was more on reddit - even in the days of Jesse. If we can throw shade we can also give props.

I'm one to call bull when needed, but I'll also give credit too.

I'll also agree this forum, the "official" forum, should be stop number one for new info. Game Changers can go in depth, but the Breaking News should be here.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Flynnie wrote: »
    A faction rework doesn’t need to be done, some Jedi are pretty decent already.

Sooo... just rework the ones that aren't good? Maybe?

Ventress is a good Seperatist. That's not a good reason for General Grievous to be hot garbage. Same is true of about half a dozen Jedi masters who aren't worth anything.

I can wait patiently. It will happen eventually. But Capgasp definitely destroyed my world when he short down the Jedi rework. I've wanted Mace Windu to be good in this game for 2 and a half years. It won't kill me if he's garbage for the rest of this year though. Life could be worse.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

Ventress is a good Seperatist. That's not a good reason for General Grievous to be hot garbage. Same is true of about half a dozen Jedi masters who aren't worth anything.

I can wait patiently. It will happen eventually. But Capgasp definitely destroyed my world when he short down the Jedi rework. I've wanted Mace Windu to be good in this game for 2 and a half years. It won't kill me if he's garbage for the rest of this year though. Life could be worse.

Jedi are such a big faction but half are good and the other half are from a long time ago and really beginner level type stuff. I’m sure they will get a rework, eventually.

And Windu should totally be a BAMF
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    Options
    Did someone mention they're going to post "the road ahead" soon too? I want to see if I should hold off gearing up my Grand Masta Yoda for someone new
  • Options
    The sad thing is a rework needed is pretty small. More survivability for QGJ, and more dmg for Aayla and Anakin. Fair play, MAce needs a total revamp, but the aforementioned tweaks would make Jedi usable.
  • Options

My guess is that reworking a OG jedi or two; or at least giving a zeta , is definitely an option on the table for them. But I think they have two main focuses right now that will delay that from happening for some time. They are pushing ships extremely hard, in effort to draw more interest to it. And their second focus is the sith raid.

Will a new Jedi come to the game?
    I’m gonna say maybe, but don’t expect it to follow release of the new reworked yoda.

If you’re a hardcore jedi fan. I’d say your time is coming but not for awhile. Stockpile your resources for the future and pray.
    “CG you’re are only hope”

• R2E2
    12 posts Member
    Options
    Presumably there probably is a Jedi rework coming...at some point in the future. I guess Capgasp was saying it's not on the agenda in the near future. I guess not this year. Or maybe next. But maybe after that?

I think it's pretty unlikely that any faction will categorically never be reworked. Particualrly one as iconic as the Jedi.

But yeah...no Jedi rework any time soon. If you believe them...consistency and truthfullness don't always seem in that abundant supply.

DECEMBER '19 along with a F.O. Cap Ship. Maybe not full jedi rework, but gotta be something right?
  • Options
    Maybe it’s Seps. With a redic GG rework. More ships. Sep ship! GG ship!
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member
    Options

@CG_CapGaSP I guess you could blame your game changers for starting rumors! I don't know why people fall for what the game changers say on their vids.
  • Options
    Rojas wrote: »

@CG_CapGaSP I guess you could blame your game changers for starting rumors! I don't know why people fall for what the game changers say on their vids.

Cmon man. If you’re going to throw blame throw it in the appropriate place. Cap has nothing to do with GC.
    Also shows you that Gcs aren’t as informed as some people think they are.
  • OrpheusRobot
    238 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I for one will be maxing out my Eeth Koth and Kip Bistro, and then you will all be sorry >:)
  • Options
    I for one will be maxing out my Eeth Koth and Kip Bistro, and then you will all be sorry >:)

I see your Eeth and raise you currently farming Kit
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

They did, in a way, when they added ships last year--and did, again, by redoing ships last month and making the jedi ships relevant again.

Consular, Asohka, and Plo Koon have excellent ships, and Endurance................ Some folks are able to get it to work with the right team, but I'm unconvinced and think it needs a mechanical overhaul now that there are 3 starting ships and Valor isn't pulling the weight it once did. But, regardless, you add those four to the ones "that work" (a term I'm not really a fan of, because it almost always exclusively means "that work in Arena" and arena is just one small part of the game as a whole) and you have a good chunk of characters in that faction.

Not for nothing, Kit Fisto is my favorite character in the franchise (with a name like that, how can he not be?) and he's absolutely terrible in all sectors of the game :p
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Aglardae
    188 posts Member
    Options
    I would not worry about such statement. That's what they said about gear XII and it was there like 2 months later.
  • Bauer
    54 posts Member
    Options
    The jedi rework will come when rotj Luke gets released. Maybe early next year...? They(CG) will let people slowly unlock traya the rest of the year and when we're all royally sick of this darkside meta it will be time for the jedi to shine
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    I am scary about this ‘great stuff’ they prepare.... last time they say it befor STR. More good things for whales? Or for 0,1% or player base? >.<
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

No love for Ima-Gunna-Die?
  • Semi
    133 posts Member
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Supposedly Capgasp said on reddit that there is no more Jedi reworks in the near future. GMY was it, so don’t get your hopes up like me and all the game changers have.

Rework no. What about new character ? ;)
  • Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    Options
    Dang this is the saddest news in long time
  • Arcaver
    317 posts Member
    Options

We can trust that you don't like to use your own forums to communicate information about your own product. I mean, I don't recall having to have a Reddit account to get information on the game, but it's cool.
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    I'd also ask that you all trust me when I say we've got some great stuff coming in the near future, and as soon as we can talk about it we will.

I am scary to ask... is it like STR or much worse? :(
  • Arcaver
    317 posts Member
    Options
    Hey, wanna see me tempt fate?

"How can it get worse than STR?!"

I said it jokingly, so I should be fine.

*Later that day*
    CG - "We're about to blow your minds! We're making STR even more boring and suck even more! Yeah, didn't know we could, but we're doing it!"
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I think Jedi should get more situational buffs like “Galactic Hero,” but more noticeable effects. It was always a huge bonus to have a Jedi along in a mission in movies, books, etc. Same could be done here. This would entice people to build them without a lot of work on dev side.

Example: Anni, Asoka, and General Kenobi should function like a Triumvirate *within the Tank Takedown Raid* in addition to what synergy Jedi have regularly. If they made an underwater themed raid (you know it’s coming ;) ), you would want Kit Fisto as the Jedi special agent.
  • Obi_six_Kenobi
    370 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Why not just give what the majority of players ask for. Why do polls and have the community manager ask what we would most like to see if not to help direct where you ought to place your efforts. Multiple (I’d guess hundreds?) of players have been asking and hoping for a Jedi rework for years now. Why ignore that and give us stuff you think we’ll like more? Why not just listen?
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    Options

Why not just give what the majority of players ask for. Why do polls and have the community manager ask what we would most like to see if not to help direct where you ought to place your efforts. Multiple (I’d guess hundreds?) of players have been asking and hoping for a Jedi rework for years now. Why ignore that and give us stuff you think we’ll like more? Why not just listen?

Kinda hard to trust the devs with all of the latest fails
  • PoeThePeterPuffr
    4 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Priceless that gamechangers hype for nothing not really knowing anything about what's coming up. Really pleased the jedi aren't getting anything. Losing faction just like the sith so why would they deserve anything. Focusing on rebels and res like always.