Will i be ejected from top arena because i don't do heroic raid sith (no new G12 reward) ?

2Next

Replies

• ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    This is the price EA has asked us to pay. I left a top tier guild in order to help out newer players. Despite being competitive myself, I enjoy my current guild, though we only complete up to T5 STR. I can rank first in my arena daily, against teams with Traya. I haven't collected a single shard of her yet.

It was fine being slightly behind the curve in terms of characters. But the fact that you get +12 speed for participating in a guild wide event (at the top of the pyramid), is a bit disappointing. It's like they want us to shut out newer players, and make them feel unwelcome in an already established hierarchy.

I won't leave my guild. I love these guys, even if EA wants to keep them down (and me as well). We're a family. It isn't perfect, but it works. I'll always choose my friends over the extra 250 crystals daily. I enjoy you too CG. It's a love-hate relationship. I love that you guys keep expanding this game. But I hate that you feel the need to leave the little man behind. It's like you forgot that we support you too (when we can).
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    While I am not a fan of the new gear, I don't see it affecting arena as much as some people think it will...

Once the meta shifts, that gear will be stuck to non meta toons..,.

Um, people can add the new pieces to whatever their new meta team is in a couple of weeks, if they are farming HSTR. If not, you are at a -12 spd disadvantage.

Having thought about this a bit, I think they believe that adding more speed to gear will reduce the impact of speed secondaries. +12 will only have a minor effect, but I see no other logic behind speeding every hero up. Sadly, only players in top guilds get to do this though, which makes the speed meta worse, not better for now.

It's rare gear, and yes, if applied to the meta, it will make a difference...... What I was saying is, once the meta changes, it's not as if you can take it off and put it on the new meta toons...... So it won't have as much impact as people think......

This.

Meta will change b4 ppl have their 10 pieces on their current team and it all starts at square 1 again.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Pay to win increases by adding a power vector that cannot be bought? Interesting.

Some people think that spending money gives huge advantages. But it doesn´t. Money does not buy you: god mods, better RNG, membership in a shard chat, many pieces of gear and zetas of course ...
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    There are a couple of F2P counter teams that seem to have no issues moving up through traya teams.

I hear about these teams, but never see any proof in the form of videos. Traya lead, yes, EP lead with Traya, no, nothing consistently beats this team if both players have equal mods

I have seen it "first hand" in my shard. There is one guy know for having the best mods on our shard and he is displaced daily by non traya teams, no matter the lead he uses.

@Kyno What teams? Because all of the F2P people have been pushed out of my top 20 since the appearance of Traya and Enfys (including me).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @Dryff

Here just some current examples. We have 2 JTR that can hang too, but those are not as prevalent

71gi6898sf0t.jpg

rp8874byz3nw.jpg

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Dryff wrote: »
    There are a couple of F2P counter teams that seem to have no issues moving up through traya teams.

I hear about these teams, but never see any proof in the form of videos. Traya lead, yes, EP lead with Traya, no, nothing consistently beats this team if both players have equal mods

I have seen it "first hand" in my shard. There is one guy know for having the best mods on our shard and he is displaced daily by non traya teams, no matter the lead he uses.

@Kyno What teams? Because all of the F2P people have been pushed out of my top 20 since the appearance of Traya and Enfys (including me).

@Dryff Enfys is like f2p heaven. She doesn't need stars, just gear and good mods. We've got maybe one or two f2p w/ Traya atm, and a couple more (myself included) will have her in the next couple of days.

As far as teams that beat Traya, even the RJT folk in my shard can still beat most of the Traya teams, enough to stay relevant anyway. Rex leads are still all over, same with standard EP, Thrawn, Vader, Nihilus, Sion teams. Plus you can always go with the good ol' Wiggs, CLS, Han, R2 squad to run through Traya. Worse mods will still get you a win on offense, but the team almost never wins on defense.

Poxx wrote: »
    While I am not a fan of the new gear, I don't see it affecting arena as much as some people think it will...

Once the meta shifts, that gear will be stuck to non meta toons..,.

Um, people can add the new pieces to whatever their new meta team is in a couple of weeks, if they are farming HSTR. If not, you are at a -12 spd disadvantage.

Having thought about this a bit, I think they believe that adding more speed to gear will reduce the impact of speed secondaries. +12 will only have a minor effect, but I see no other logic behind speeding every hero up. Sadly, only players in top guilds get to do this though, which makes the speed meta worse, not better for now.

It's rare gear, and yes, if applied to the meta, it will make a difference...... What I was saying is, once the meta changes, it's not as if you can take it off and put it on the new meta toons...... So it won't have as much impact as people think......

This.

Meta will change b4 ppl have their 10 pieces on their current team and it all starts at square 1 again.

@Poxx While you're not entirely wrong, it's been a while since Thrawn hasn't been useful in a meta team, and putting 12 more speed on Thrawn could be a huge advantage. Same goes for Rex with his always useful anti-meta lead. Meta will definitely shift, but a smart player won't put all 10 pieces on their arena team right this instant. They'll put the two on the person or two who need to be fastest, and save up for future metas. The whole team doesn't need to be 12 speed faster for them to have a big advantage, just the key characters need to be 12 speed faster.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    @Dryff

Here just some current examples. We have 2 JTR that can hang too, but those are not as prevalent

71gi6898sf0t.jpg

rp8874byz3nw.jpg

Well, I don't consider G12 Enfys F2P...or G12 Sion (I have been farming his node since it came out, and my Sion isn't even 5* yet). My top 20 only has ONE Enyfs that isn't G12, and that one has +137speed (um...right).

Traya is technically F2P, but you have to be in an elite guild to get her. Basically, if you don't have Traya OR don't fork out cash/crystals, you can't compete in Arena right now. To the title of the thread, I would say yes, absolutely...it was already happening BEFORE the G12+ announcement.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @Dryff

71gi6898sf0t.jpg

rp8874byz3nw.jpg

Well, I don't consider G12 Enfys F2P...or G12 Sion (I have been farming his node since it came out, and my Sion isn't even 5* yet). My top 20 only has ONE Enyfs that isn't G12, and that one has +137speed (um...right).

Traya is technically F2P, but you have to be in an elite guild to get her. Basically, if you don't have Traya OR don't fork out cash/crystals, you can't compete in Arena right now. To the title of the thread, I would say yes, absolutely...it was already happening BEFORE the G12+ announcement.

There are 3 nest in there and they are not g12 and are only 4 star, that's not too much of a stretch, and I'm sure work the same at 3*.

Sion is viable at 3-4 * too.

The key toons it seems for a good counter are rex, wampa, mt, and maybe solo for control and damage. Then just another damage toon.

Not many are using Vader so it's safe to bring back rebels which means CLS is a good option too.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    @Dryff

71gi6898sf0t.jpg

rp8874byz3nw.jpg

There are 3 nest in there and they are not g12 and are only 4 star, that's not too much of a stretch, and I'm sure work the same at 3*.

The key toons it seems for a good counter are rex, wampa, mt, and maybe solo for control and damage. Then just another damage toon.

Not many are using Vader so it's safe to bring back rebels which means CLS is a good option too.

I guess my point is that the Palp meta was VERY friendly to F2P, but it's swinging back to the point where P2P/elite guilds have a significant advantage (same thing that happened when GK came out). The G12+ release will only widen this gap. You can underplay it, but if my Nihilus has 12 more speed than yours, you lose. That's how arena is (you know this!). :)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @Dryff

71gi6898sf0t.jpg

rp8874byz3nw.jpg

I guess my point is that the Palp meta was VERY friendly to F2P, but it's swinging back to the point where P2P/elite guilds have a significant advantage (same thing that happened when GK came out). The G12+ release will only widen this gap. You can underplay it, but if my Nihilus has 12 more speed than yours, you lose. That's how arena is (you know this!). :)

I am at least 12 speed slower than the fastest person on my shard, on at least 2 toons. I'm not saying speed isnt important but no you have 12 more speed on your nihilus does not mean you win.