Fixing NS zombie

2Next

Replies

• Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    This came up when people were running paper zombie in arena (some still are) but has evolved into Zombie being more effective in PvP and TB/TW as a high-geared player because it performs better on defense this way. (I think of absorbing the barrage of assaults in DSTB as being "defense"). The only area of the game where I think paper zombie outperforms max geared zombie is in the sith raid and I just don't see how it's that big of a deal. You trade 1 environment where you perform better for 3 other areas where you perform worse...
    Woodroward wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Are you new here? It's been this way forever, there's tons of other silly complaint threads, they won't change anything.

You can see my profile. Not really new...
    They changed nute and jawas for the same reason. Undergeared characters shouldn't be more useful then characters.
    Otherwise they have to give everyone their gear back und we can gear zombie or not.

Edit: not really the same, but undergeared character shouldn't do better then geared ones.

The only situation I've seen where gear was removed from characters is where someone was found to be cheating. The developers are disappointed that zombie performed better at lower gear levels but her abilities and how she reacts with other NS uniques are WAI.

I know it's Wai. Doesn't change the fact that they should change something

I know. But there's nothing to change now?

You saying they shouldn't change a character that provides the team more at G1 then G12?
    You do double the amount of dmg with G1 zombie. That's nothing they could ignore.

Zombie doesn't get a taunt until gear 3 or 4. She's worthless below gear 3 or 4.

And as for an undergeared zombie being better, that is absolutely not the case in TB. Without a zombie capable of surviving 3 hits in a row, your missions will be bugged in phase 6.

OK guys....
    NS performing way better then other teams in the raid and NS with low zombie do even better.
    Now we have the new gear and top 10 getting way better stuff. That impacts the hole game.
    So don't tell me ther is no problem

Again, that's only one facet of the game. A low gear zombie means you perform poorly in other elements of the game in order to perform above average in 1 phase of 1 raid. You can still get a lot of damage with max gear zombie in that same phase. Of all the things to get irritated with in this game, I don't know how this even cracks the top 100.

First: you don't need NS anywhere else.
    Second: the dmg doubles with low gear zombie
    Do you guy really don't get why this is a thing?
    Read what funderbolds wrote...

I don't. If people in my guild use it to clear P4 DN in HSTR, great! Less work for me. I do enough damage in P1 and P2. If it's an issue for your guild, make a rule that no paper zombies allowed. Problem solved and didn't need to divert any development resources.

I use NS in TB and TW and paper zombie performs worse at low gear there. The Raid isn't the only place to use NS.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Oh the troubles the HSTR reward "fix" has caused. Setting guild against guild, guild mate against guild mate. Reminds me of a guy going into a bar, starting a fight and sneaking out with a beer, some pretzels and watching it unfold in safety. Ahhh the Darkness is winning.
  • Options
    I say zombie is WAI, because it's true; she dies Asajj gets bonus, she revives, as per her endless hoard unique, daka gets bonus. I guess in the greater scheme of the things the folks over at CG didnt think their brains out together versus the millions of players in the game to figure out that more zombie deaths= stronger NS.

Second point is wrong because 1. See above and 2. Changing game mechanics to get rid of unlimited loops does not equal the same as zombie dieing from attacks and reviving(I supported the change to st han And others).

NS have great synergy, yes, and it happens to be part of that synergy comes from death and revival. And outside the sith raid even at g6 or g12 a nightsister team with zombie is one of the more easily beaten teams. The devs intended the raid to be difficult and yes having an under geared zombie helps with one part but even not a few more NS teams still handle 1 part of an essentially 6 part raid (p1, p2, p3, p4 with nihilus and sion, p4 with sion, and p4 with only traya).
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    2. If it really WAS broken, it would have been fixed a long time ago. Did you notice how fast the sith raid was fixed? This indicates, that the designers don't consider zombie as broken.
    Teebo...

That was a bug — not broken design. :—)

• TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    If it's an issue for your guild, make a rule that no paper zombies allowed. Problem solved and didn't need to divert any development resources.

/thread
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH