In defense of CG (calm down people)

Replies

• Options
    There's always that one dude who brown noses CG. It's hilarious and they think they are so cool when In fact they look like tools. Real weak post here. -5
  • Options
    There's always that one dude who brown noses CG. It's hilarious and they think they are so cool when In fact they look like tools. Real weak post here. -5

I’m not usually a CG defender but this backlash against STR and stuff is a bit too much. I hated Ships 2.0 and detest the coin flip meta.
  • Options
    @UltimateSeaDog I'm waiting for my pitchfork. The make good. Funny
    https://swgoh.gg/u/totenteufel/
    “When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R R Martin
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Nah Sith Raid deserves all the hate it gets. How they can introduce something that ads this much daily time requirement right after so called QOL updates is ridiculous.

The thing is, I only come here to vent about the raid because everytime I do it I'm reminded how horrible it is. If I didn't have to do it every day I wouldn't complain as much about it. I would bet a lot of others are the same.

• Options
    CG is the best. They can do no wrong. I love the new and improved changes to ships. TW? Best thing ever! Manually opening bronziums packs one at a time? Oh baby, don't ever change that!
  • Options
    CG is the best. They can do no wrong. I love the new and improved changes to ships. TW? Best thing ever! Manually opening bronziums packs one at a time? Oh baby, don't ever change that!

I agree with Ships 2.0 but TW is fun.
  • Options
    This post is poorly made and full of assumptions, I actually didn't earn all the mods from the Yoda mythic, I know cause I have 2 accounts and one got fewer mods.

You can't tell people to just move out of their guilds, that's not reasonable argument
  • Options
    Leafty91 wrote: »
    This post is poorly made and full of assumptions, I actually didn't earn all the mods from the Yoda mythic, I know cause I have 2 accounts and one got fewer mods.

You can't tell people to just move out of their guilds, that's not reasonable argument

It’s been like this since TB, play with people at your own level or lose out. hSTR just moves another step in that direction.

As for Yoda, didn’t the event end by the time they got rid of rewards? I dunno, but they only got rid of rewards very near the end of event or actually the end of event.
  • Berator
    28 posts Member
    Options
    The community is in general quite calm compared to what happens. Happens after there was introduced more communication or community involvement. At the moment I do not have the best feeling that this will be done with high motivation from CG side.

And I think we should ongoing as community express what concerns us. For my part that is the HSTR. Ok it is now too late to make out of this raid which is not fun a fun experience. I doubt they even can as this would mean changing mechanis and needed teams -> new teams needed and we the community would rage again.

Why I'm still writing is -> I sincerely hope CG learns and somehow gets feedback from game changers or other trustworthy players about new plans. TO get very early an impression -> is our idea for a new raid or feature good or really bad.

besides that I call the reward changes a guild destroyer. Some will quit, some will change guilds. But what often gets forgotten -> how will the feeling be within a HSTR guild? Will the 40 people not being in top 10 be happy for the top 10? all the time? They might say so but I doubt they will be if they are honest.
  • Options
    The "substantial makegood" has yet to show up. If it's bad, I'll be handing out pitchforks, but let's just wait and see.

Gonna need a lot of pitchforks...
  • Options
    The "substantial makegood" has yet to show up. If it's bad, I'll be handing out pitchforks, but let's just wait and see.

Gonna need a lot of pitchforks...

Maybe a “significant” amount of pitchforks?
  • Options
    ...they think they are so cool when In fact they look like tools.

2iwq3rw8huto.png

People can have different opinions...that's the "discussion" bit in "discussion board". We don't all need to share the same opinions. Some think CG do a great job and enjoy the game. Others think CG are incompetent and don't seem to enjoy the game. Personally I think one set of those actually knows how to better spend their time...but both should be allowed to express themselves as long as they do it calmly and respectfully.

Of course there are those in the middle...probably the majority...who enjoy the game but see problems with it. I count myself in this group. I guess all we can do is express our thoughts and see what happens. If we get what we want then great, if we don't- then we have a decision to make.

But let's all be cool about it people.

• Options
    ...they think they are so cool when In fact they look like tools.

2iwq3rw8huto.png

People can have different opinions...that's the "discussion" bit in "discussion board". We don't all need to share the same opinions. Some think CG do a great job and enjoy the game. Others think CG are incompetent and don't seem to enjoy the game. Personally I think one set of those actually knows how to better spend their time...but both should be allowed to express themselves as long as they do it calmly and respectfully.

Of course there are those in the middle...probably the majority...who enjoy the game but see problems with it. I count myself in this group. I guess all we can do is express our thoughts and see what happens. If we get what we want then great, if we don't- then we have a decision to make.

But let's all be cool about it people.

One thing that would help a lot is to have someone police Crumb’s posts. He makes this grandiose and huge promises and then never delivers anything close. It’s almost like how peter molyneux was at Lionhead. Maybe he needs to temper expectations instead of promising “significant” things and delivering garbage
  • Options
    Pr0t0cl0wn wrote: »
    One thing that would help a lot is to have someone police Crumb’s posts. He makes this grandiose and huge promises and then never delivers anything close.

He's a paid employee, I assume. Therefore I assume he has a line manager.

• Options
    Actually CG should focus on fixing bugs and balancing - instat of throwing in some new food to the veterans. I dont think that releasing G12+ pieces was really necessary right now - instat of releasing new content - fix the old content, balance it and once uve accomplish that u can release new stuff. Thats how everything in this world works. So basicly we got all rights to blame CG for that. Cause this is just ****. CG released quite a lot of things in the last few month which are so unbalanced, i kinda liked the Yoda rework, i liked the IDEA of ships 2.0 aswell - but the implementation was so bad. you can actually see that CG never made some real balance testing - like an example - fleet/ship challenges - im in the top 20 of my fleet shard - been maxing all my chars and pilots since day 1 and still im struggling so hard to beat the 5* tarkin challenge for example...with struggling hard im talking about - i cant defeat a single enemie ship ...and i got like 100k battle power on darkside ships...if u remember how easy the old system was to beat this...now keep in mind im top 20 in my shard...and im already struggling...i cantg imagine how long the rest of the shard will need to defeat this challnges...the thing is that theyve changed the whole system - but they didnt changed a single challenge to rebalance this. Its quite obvisious that battles which were designed for 8 ships have a complety diffrent outcome and difficulty if u do it with 6 ships. Many of you guys, who'r actually 85 already and already 3* this content already dont notice this drastic changes. But go ahead and make a smurf, try the new system and ull see how hard CG failed. Its so imple...before you release something - you check out if its actually working probably...CG is doing the opposite...release - then fix. thats ****.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    If someone needs to calm down its you. Why always make such a big deal out of things by making these kinda threads... They make me cringe so hard
  • Options
    ^ They die if you don't add to them y'know... ;)
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Carrie was the one who made the promise of a "significant make good". Her words. Crumb can only continue to say what he was told to say.

From the originally announcement last week about TB issues posted by Carrie. "We will be doing a significant makegood in light of these issues, and will be rolling it out next week, after we’ve addressed the issues facing us right now."
    Post edited by Madpup on
  • Options
    CG can make things right by doing these 3 simple things:

1. Communicate. Most of the frustration from the player base is the complete lack of communication. Be honest and communicate with your player base even if it makes a few players mad. The rest of us will appreciate the honesty.
    2. Respect the source material. Not having key characters like Jedi Luke (he's on the loading screen!) and having 4 Hans and 3 Chewies with neither of them piloting the Falcon is not honoring the source material.
    3. Listen to your fanbase. We offer pretty good suggestions for the most part. I get that you're all about making a profit. You can find a balance.
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Options

1. Communicate. Most of the frustration from the player base is the complete lack of communication. Be honest and communicate with your player base even if it makes a few players mad. The rest of us will appreciate the honesty.
    2. Respect the source material. Not having key characters like Jedi Luke (he's on the loading screen!) and having 4 Hans and 3 Chewies with neither of them piloting the Falcon is not honoring the source material.
    3. Listen to your fanbase. We offer pretty good suggestions for the most part. I get that you're all about making a profit. You can find a balance.

There are 5 Hans.
  • Options
    Pr0t0cl0wn wrote: »
    One thing that would help a lot is to have someone police Crumb’s posts. He makes this grandiose and huge promises and then never delivers anything close.

He's a paid employee, I assume. Therefore I assume he has a line manager.

So make that 2 people that need to get reigned in for allowed false promises and lies to continually get thrown at us
  • Options
    Oh boy I can't wait to spend my 250 crystals and my 20 IPD shards that I'll be converting to 5 pieces of gear in the shop...what a make good solution this is.
  • Options
    Aluxtu wrote: »

There are 5 Hans.

.....yikes. That's a lot of Hans lol
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Aluxtu wrote: »

There are 5 Hans.

.....yikes. That's a lot of Hans lol

And not one of them can pilot a ship.
  • Options
    Any time you have to start a post by saying you are going to be the devil’s advocate, you should really stop and reconsider whether it makes sense to defend the lord of evil. I’m the first to admit that people sometimes overreact on the forums, but this is not one of those times. This has been a really bad week for CG. Like — starting a TW battle against a Nightmare squad, failing to even remove protection from anyone and then not hard closing — bad. CG does not need or deserve an advocate right now. I don’t understand why, no matter how hard the devs screw the player base, someone always feels it is their obligation to leap to CG’s defense. Just stop.
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Options
    No hyperbole here in this statement. The general vibe I'm getting from the forum and most people I talk to reminds me alot of the situation CG saw them selves in back in March/April. The only difference is it appears they are trying to just ignore it instead of facing it head on like they did back then. Do we litterally need another developer to have a public melt down for them to finally admit their improved communication is completely missing the mark or that their invisioned road map for the game isn't what most players want? It's honestly just extremely disheartening to see what is a good game slowly ruined by the people in charge being unable to truely look in the mirror and admit they are messing up.
  • Options
    Don’t tell me to calm down. You calm down.
  • Options
    I hate this sentiment that if you want Traya, go join a heroic guild. Some people have no idea how few heroic guilds there are out there for people in different time zones, with language barriers, nevermind ones with slots. Meanwhile, crap players are getting Traya shards because they are lucky to be tagging along in a guild with a few whales. There is no balance.
  • Options
    Nice work O.P. You trolled the entire SWGOH community.

This discussion has been closed.