So about ship meta....

2Next

Replies

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Stokat wrote: »
    Ravenclaws wrote: »
    FO cap ship plz. 4 ships and 6 pilots need a fleet leader! May spice up the meta a bit.

Fingers crossed they will release one, but we might have to wait until December for it with the next Star Wars movie. I want a good FO tank ship as well, would really compliment the fleet.

I thouvht next Movie was 2019?
  • Stokat
    835 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    FO cap ship plz. 4 ships and 6 pilots need a fleet leader! May spice up the meta a bit.

Fingers crossed they will release one, but we might have to wait until December for it with the next Star Wars movie. I want a good FO tank ship as well, would really compliment the fleet.

Aha well no point in waiting then, FO capital ship now pls;)
  • Sprat
    24 posts Member
    Options
    You can do quite well without the current meta. I decided from the beginning of ships 2.0 that I didn’t want to have Biggs in my lineup. At first I went with all the TAI fighters and Executrix and did well. Top 3 every day. They were fast and could usually knock out Vader before he got a target lock. Then Biggs was good as dead.

After a while my shard mates must have put all their resources into Vader and Biggs cuz they were taking their turns faster and usually knocking out one of my Tai fighters. So I experimented and came up with this front line:

Fives, Sun Fac, TFP - Executrix capital ship. Yeah, it sucks not using Sun Fac as a reinforcement, he’s so good at that, but he’s great for taking all their fire and not dying.

I’ll still get three hits on Vader, one a target lock, before Biggs taunts. Then Executrix hits them all with an Ion Cannon and possibly exposes Vader. Either way he’s near dead and target locked. If the ai doesn’t provide some healing (often not) then Vader is gone when I reinforce with Fett and hit him with Proton Torpedoes. And that’s the end of it. The rest is simple.

And other team combos? No problem with this lineup, much easier. Only the current meta has a chance. Even the Genosian trio isn’t too hard.

Now on defense it’s def not perfect but I don’t lose too many spots overnight. Usually sitting around 10 - 15 and easy to climb up from that.

All pilots maxed btw.

So yeah, you can do quite well without the meta team.
  • Options
    My target locks rarely land aside from Phantoms so Biggs doesn't last too long for me.

Well he does once I bring Boba in as he shares tanking duty.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    Options
    Sprat wrote: »
    You can do quite well without the current meta. I decided from the beginning of ships 2.0 that I didn’t want to have Biggs in my lineup. At first I went with all the TAI fighters and Executrix and did well. Top 3 every day. They were fast and could usually knock out Vader before he got a target lock. Then Biggs was good as dead.

After a while my shard mates must have put all their resources into Vader and Biggs cuz they were taking their turns faster and usually knocking out one of my Tai fighters. So I experimented and came up with this front line:

Fives, Sun Fac, TFP - Executrix capital ship. Yeah, it sucks not using Sun Fac as a reinforcement, he’s so good at that, but he’s great for taking all their fire and not dying.

I’ll still get three hits on Vader, one a target lock, before Biggs taunts. Then Executrix hits them all with an Ion Cannon and possibly exposes Vader. Either way he’s near dead and target locked. If the ai doesn’t provide some healing (often not) then Vader is gone when I reinforce with Fett and hit him with Proton Torpedoes. And that’s the end of it. The rest is simple.

And other team combos? No problem with this lineup, much easier. Only the current meta has a chance. Even the Genosian trio isn’t too hard.

Now on defense it’s def not perfect but I don’t lose too many spots overnight. Usually sitting around 10 - 15 and easy to climb up from that.

All pilots maxed btw.

No offense but you didn't invent that line up. Let me guess do you use Vader as first reinforcement as well ?
  • TVF
    36771 posts Member
    Options
    Empiric1 wrote: »

All pilots maxed btw.

No offense but you didn't invent that line up.

Does it matter?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    What I keep running up against is the All Tanks All Taunts line up and it's truly obnoxious...

Just felt like whining a little, nevermind me.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

All pilots maxed btw.

Does it matter?

Well he said he came up with that line up from experimenting but it's a very popular line up...
  • Sprat
    24 posts Member
    Options
    No offense but you didn't invent that line up. Let me guess do you use Vader as first reinforcement as well ?

No, I don’t use Vader for reinforcement. I have Slave1, Scimitar, kylo ren command shuttle, and FOSF.

And does anyone invent teams? I just kept refreshing my tries again and again using different combos until I found one that could beat the meta. I’ve yet to see anyone in my shard using this combo. And no, I didn’t search around looking for this team. I don’t frequent these forums that much. Glad I stumbled into what others seem to have already known.

• Sprat
    24 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    What I keep running up against is the All Tanks All Taunts line up and it's truly obnoxious...

Just felt like whining a little, nevermind me.

We’ve got one of those in my shard. I feel your pain. Endurance plus all the tanks. It seemed far worse in the old ships. But still a long battle now.
  • TVF
    36771 posts Member
    Options

All pilots maxed btw.

Does it matter?

Well he said he came up with that line up from experimenting but it's a very popular line up...

Question stands.
  • Options
    Multiple folks can figure things out independently, right?
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »

remember they are adding that new resistance series that's like manga.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Multiple folks can figure things out independently, right?

Tell that to the nationalistic math nerds who fight about Newton and Liebnitz in 2018 :p
  • Options
    Personally I don’t think we’ve really cracked to ships 2.0 meta yet. We’re seeing a lot of Biggs tfp Vader (and to be fair, that’s what I run, too) because that’s meta in the sense that “available” refers to toons you’ve already got geared up. As people gear up different pilots, we’ll see more. Ghost/phantom on the starting lineup is one that I’ve seen that’s particularly good (at least, against ackbar/thrawn because of phantom 2’s taunt/crust immunity). Geos are ok, but I’m not gonna bother investing in them because if they ever do get to be meta they will be super easy to beat on account of them being so slow. I think the only reason they’re doing well right now is because they’re a good counter to Biggs Vader tfp.
  • Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Personally I don’t think we’ve really cracked to ships 2.0 meta yet. We’re seeing a lot of Biggs tfp Vader (and to be fair, that’s what I run, too) because that’s meta in the sense that “available” refers to toons you’ve already got geared up. As people gear up different pilots, we’ll see more. Ghost/phantom on the starting lineup is one that I’ve seen that’s particularly good (at least, against ackbar/thrawn because of phantom 2’s taunt/crust immunity). Geos are ok, but I’m not gonna bother investing in them because if they ever do get to be meta they will be super easy to beat on account of them being so slow. I think the only reason they’re doing well right now is because they’re a good counter to Biggs Vader tfp.

They're doing well now because they don't lose to anything.
  • Options
    Bane1492 wrote:
    They're doing well now because they don't lose to anything.
    Maybe they don't lose to anything on offense, but they don't hold much better on defense than any other of the currently polular lineups. The reason they win on offense is also not just their great synergy but also due to the fact that the AI does not know how to control battles when having superior speed. It would be interesting to see how the AI handles a fleet with Gauntlet plus two strong and fast attackers (e.g. two TIEs). GeoSpy seems to be a preferred target for the AI and if he gets buff immunity from Gauntlet he will not get stealthed after taking a hit. That would be pretty much game over for the Geos since he'd be gone before AA gets his turn.
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    Options

No, I don’t use Vader for reinforcement. I have Slave1, Scimitar, kylo ren command shuttle, and FOSF.

And does anyone invent teams? I just kept refreshing my tries again and again using different combos until I found one that could beat the meta. I’ve yet to see anyone in my shard using this combo. And no, I didn’t search around looking for this team. I don’t frequent these forums that much. Glad I stumbled into what others seem to have already known.

Tarkin makes Vader hit like a buffed up Poe /Kru ship as a reinforcement - you should try him.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Ghost and phantom are going to be useful, I think. Just gearing 6 characters... I think a maxed Bistan may make it into some starting lineups too eventually. I THINK if he is maxed he can outspeed almost everyone.

Also, @$#! Mark III Carbantis.
  • TVF
    36771 posts Member
    Options
    I decided I could handle three pilots, so I took Ezra and Sabine to G11+ and Chopper to G10+ (one stun gun from G11). It's a darn good ship now. The reinforcement ability is dynamite, and its special actually hits pretty hard with the buffs in place.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah my Phantom is g10ish, but I maxed its reinforce. Working on Ghost now and she is in my starting lineup. If she survives to Phantom Reinforce they are hard to beat.
  • TVF
    36771 posts Member
    Options
    My Zeb/Kanan/Hera are all G8 and they had better get used to it. ;)
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    My Zeb/Kanan/Hera are all G8 and they had better get used to it. ;)
    Early on someone was starting Biggs, Phantom, and Ghost and reinforcing with all the tanks and taunts to time out battles on defense. It was an interesting idea, but I've been looking for reasons to work on Geonosians for at least a year and now I finally have one, so I'm going that route instead.
  • TVF
    36771 posts Member
    Options
    I've gone hybrid. Still running the Biggs TF Vader meta to start, with GS SF Phantom Reaper off the bench.