What are CG's Goals?

2Next

Replies

• John_Matrix1985
    2276 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Disagree with the diverse team comments for HSith raid. Only 4 teams needed with only slight variations.

Steamrolled a hsith in about an hour and a half during a merc run a few days ago. Was an eye opener when you have 40+ competitive players. During the home run it takes much longer due to minimal participation.

Aim of this game... make money pure and simple. Wages to pay. Star wars licensing fees etc etc. The big problem is $1,000 wont get me much. Maybe 50K and ill get up to 4M+ GP but my arena team would be exactly the same so whats the point.

Whereas a game like fortnite im happy to spend the $10 on a battle pass despite it providing zero in game advantage. Makes it more fun.
  • Options
    Disagree with the diverse team comments for HSith raid. Only 4 teams needed with only slight variations.

Steamrolled a hsith in about an hour and a half during a merc run a few days ago. Was an eye opener when you have 40+ competitive players. During the home run it takes much longer due to minimal participation.

Aim of this game... make money pure and simple. Wages to pay. Star wars licensing fees etc etc. The big problem is $1,000 wont get me much. Maybe 50K and ill get up to 4M+ GP but my arena team would be exactly the same so whats the point.

Whereas a game like fortnite im happy to spend the $10 on a battle pass despite it providing zero in game advantage. Makes it more fun.

lol I hope no one would spend $50K on a mobile game or for any game. If there are people who spend that much on this game, they're what's wrong with the world.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Miffed wrote: »
    Who said the STR is universally hated? I hear this as a sense of entitlement where everyone thinks they should be handed equal rewards.

Any game where long term development is a factor isn't going to allow for that.

The STR is incredibly well designed content. It has some depth and complexity, while allowing for some pretty creative teams.

Just because something is hard doesn't make it hated or ****. Not everyone belongs at the top of their arena shard.

If you think complaints about the Sith Raid are all about entitlement then you really haven't been paying attention to many of the complaints.

It doesn't have depth or complexity. If it did then there would be more than 4 teams that are viable.

What has the Sith Raid got to do with people being at the top of arena?

The Sith Raid is very much hated if you're not doing heroic and even then. And yes, I'm one person, except I'm one person speaking for another 40+ who either have expressed a dislike for this raid or show it by simply not bothering to participate in it. I would bet a lot of others here are speaking for more than just themselves too.
  • Options

lol I hope no one would spend $50K on a mobile game or for any game. If there are people who spend that much on this game, they're what's wrong with the world.

50K isnt that much. Think about the whales in your guild that get every toon as soon as its released and pump it to G12 within an hour.

Say you need 25 of those packs to get to 7* Thats about 30K crystals or $190 USD. Plus gear (stun guns, cuffs etc) and credits to get to G12. About $300 a character. How many did CG announce today? 4 new characters. Another $1200 per whale
  • Options
    The game has never been in a worse state than it is now.

Figures... online SW games always follow the same path
  • WenHandel
    165 posts Member
    Options
    EA’s goals are obvious.
    1. Maximise revenue
    2. Minimise cost
    3. Meet the minimum level of gameplay quality needed to maintain the player base, so long as this doesn’t interfere with goals 1 and 2
    4. Pacify unhappy players with empty platitudes, misleading spin and a few crystals if necessary. Don’t worry, they usually forget about their gripes after a few days. They have a short span of attention
    5. Think about one day implementing some sort of rudimentary testing and maybe even a customer service department. Like in a couple of years, maybe
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    Options
    I think the game is great right now. Challenging content is always necessary. Change isn't always bad either.