Brainstorming counters to bastilla lead

Replies

• Options
    Traya Lead Marauder Pot Up Pain Enjoy
  • Options
    Iceih_SWG wrote: »
    I just finished a fight with my Night Sisters against Bastila, GMY, Ezra, Old Ben and CLS, I could not apply plague to any Jedi, even though the battle was very easy.
    It was a 140 position battle but I got the feeling that at any position it will happen with a 4* Bastila. She can not survive Talzin multi attack and Ventress unbuffed everybody.

I have ventress lead zetaed. Since yiu can't land plague anyway it may be better than talizen lead against jedi. Does give pretty good tm gain. And tm removal that can't be resisted. With daka zeted and a fast zombie you could just revive until ventress built the damage up to take someone out. Spam heals and you woyld get 50% tm everytime they hit you bringing you below full health.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    This.

zzVentress lead ftw.
  • Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    This.

zzVentress lead ftw.

Have you tried it out? Right now my ns are only a 70k team and won't stand a chance in my arena due to gear. I'm working on them but if you have a good ns team with zzasajj i would definitely be interested to know if this actually works in practice ir if it's one that looks good on paper but not in reality.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Options
    General question to those saying cls/wiggs/raid Han/r2 what would the minimum zetas be required. Haven’t seen a Bastille yet just would like tk get priority ideas. Already have Ibat
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Options
    Wardai wrote: »
    General question to those saying cls/wiggs/raid Han/r2 what would the minimum zetas be required. Haven’t seen a Bastille yet just would like tk get priority ideas. Already have Ibat

Raid hans zeta is one of the best.
    R2s number crunch is also top5.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    This.

zzVentress lead ftw.

Have you tried it out? Right now my ns are only a 70k team and won't stand a chance in my arena due to gear. I'm working on them but if you have a good ns team with zzasajj i would definitely be interested to know if this actually works in practice ir if it's one that looks good on paper but not in reality.

I have, both on manual and auto. I posted a video of my NS on full auto vs. a Bastila lead on YouTube. This is top 20 on a launch server btw. Beat them on manual as well obviously.smkaga55riyl.jpg
  • Stokat
    829 posts Member
    Options
    Many good suggestions above. Basically any team that doesn’t rely heavily on landing debuffs to win would do the trick. Bastila lead isn’t as much meta as it is anti-zPalp/Vader imo. First Order kills Bastilla leads without breaking a sweat.
  • Options
    This.

zzVentress lead ftw.

I have, both on manual and auto. I posted a video of my NS on full auto vs. a Bastila lead on YouTube. This is top 20 on a launch server btw. Beat them on manual as well obviously.smkaga55riyl.jpg

Awesome! Glad I don't have to spend more time farming stuff that's not HSR-related.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    This.

zzVentress lead ftw.

Awesome! Glad I don't have to spend more time farming stuff that's not HSR-related.

Yeah I think ns are the way to go. Need them anyway for p4 of the raid. And you can throw talizen in a palp team to counter traya and nihilas on offense. I think having ns geared and zetaed with neararena mods woukd be a great supplement.
  • Options
    Iceih_SWG wrote: »
    I just finished a fight with my Night Sisters against Bastila, GMY, Ezra, Old Ben and CLS, I could not apply plague to any Jedi, even though the battle was very easy.
    It was a 140 position battle but I got the feeling that at any position it will happen with a 4* Bastila. She can not survive Talzin multi attack and Ventress unbuffed everybody.

I have ventress lead zetaed. Since yiu can't land plague anyway it may be better than talizen lead against jedi. Does give pretty good tm gain. And tm removal that can't be resisted. With daka zeted and a fast zombie you could just revive until ventress built the damage up to take someone out. Spam heals and you woyld get 50% tm everytime they hit you bringing you below full health.

I used Ventress lead with zeta, I was talking about Talzin's special area attack.
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    Options
    Empiric1 wrote: »
    She's really not that strong - tons of teams beat her as it is evidenced by this thread. Sorry that you can't take rank1 any more with a single Palpatine team. Most top 10 players will have multiple teams to hold in meta changes not just a f2p palpa/Vader team

Sorry but I have 0 sympathy for Palpatine players.

The point of this post isn't whinning because I don't take first. The bastilla team i mentioned isn't in first but it does seem to hold decent on defense. The point was clearly in the title. To brainstorm teams that work well against a new team. I'm fine with expanding my roster to stay in the upper end of arena but being ftp, I like to have more information before deciding what to focus on. With building raid teams simultaneously I don't have time for bringing a character up to g12 just to find out that it doesn't work like I thought.

Cool Resistance, Nightsisters, CLS/Wiggs Rebels, First Order, Traya lead, etc.

They only counter the Palpa team which was never meant to be this strong in the first place any way, it's ridiculous that a team with the most f2p characters in the game was 90% of the meta for the last 6 months any way.

• JediKnight_MarkRyan
    749 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I’m wondering how Zeta KRU, panda, Facelo, FOST, & Thrawn would do against a Bastila lead
  • Options
    They only counter the Palpa team which was never meant to be this strong in the first place any way, it's ridiculous that a team with the most f2p characters in the game was 90% of the meta for the last 6 months any way.
    I would not consider Sion, Nihilus, Thrawn or even Vader as the most ftp characters. Sion and Nihilus are hard farms. Thrawn is the most difficult legendary toon to acquire. Vader cant be farmed right away.
    But agree on Palp. Too easy to get for what he is worth. Maybe they should adjust the difficulty to post mods.
  • Options

This is again completely untrue. You seem to be very much hurt by Palpatine.

The current meta report is a little broken and saying he's lead in 132% of no1 squad but in reality I haven't seen Palp break 50% in the meta report.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    Boba Fett and Chopper can become very nasty opponents for Bastila-Jedi-Buff-Teams...
    More than just a 'menace'...
    I love it <3
  • Options

The current meta report is a little broken and saying he's lead in 132% of no1 squad but in reality I haven't seen Palp break 50% in the meta report.

In most new shards Palpa is the new phoenix, you will not find many teams outside of top 50 who aren't Palpatine, again, it's a joke.

I just wish Bastilla was F2P so I didn't have to see his old face again.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Options

In most new shards Palpa is the new phoenix, you will not find many teams outside of top 50 who aren't Palpatine, again, it's a joke.

I just wish Bastilla was F2P so I didn't have to see his old face again.

There have been a bunch of posts of 4* (I know that requires $10 purchase) taking 1st place. There wouldn't be much of a difference between 3*/4* and if really want to buy the shard packs with gems.
  • Options
    She's really not that strong - tons of teams beat her as it is evidenced by this thread. Sorry that you can't take rank1 any more with a single Palpatine team. Most top 10 players will have multiple teams to hold in meta changes not just a f2p palpa/Vader team

Sorry but I have 0 sympathy for Palpatine players.

The point of this post isn't whinning because I don't take first. The bastilla team i mentioned isn't in first but it does seem to hold decent on defense. The point was clearly in the title. To brainstorm teams that work well against a new team. I'm fine with expanding my roster to stay in the upper end of arena but being ftp, I like to have more information before deciding what to focus on. With building raid teams simultaneously I don't have time for bringing a character up to g12 just to find out that it doesn't work like I thought.

Cool Resistance, Nightsisters, CLS/Wiggs Rebels, First Order, Traya lead, etc.

Compare palp meta to bastilla. Palp and gmy are both easy legendaries. Sion and bastilla were both marques when they came out. Ezra is ftp and much easier to get than thrawn, vader, and nihlas. Hoda and gk take some time but are ftp farmable. Gk can also be easily substituted for old ben who is a fairly easy farm. So it's just as ftp friendly if not more so than the palp meta. And how do you know if it was meant to be meta or not? Do you read minds? Maybe CG wanted to sell sion. I would guess his marque sold really well as good as it is. Making him really good in an obtainable team probably helped sales more than if you had to have traya first. It probably worked because they are doing the same with bastilla.
  • Options
    Bastila brings great balance to the mid-game force. Phoenix still makes the most sense to start (EP / Thrawn / 40% of GMY). People will undoubtedly prioritize Old Ben ahead of other legendary prep farms to get GMY as early as possible. I would expect Bastila to be a single hard node farm or possibly Sion-like with a second Ship farm to ensure there's balance being built between the Jedi and Sith teams in arena.

Fun stuff - a lot better than the race to Wiggs / Phoenix / EP that has dominated early game for the past year and a half.
  • Options
    Traya is literally Bastilla's counter sense Bastilla gives everyone counter attacks which damages their health and the jedi gain buffs all the time so they'll be down 50% damage all the time.
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    Options

IE4TAPPL3S wrote: »
    Traya is literally Bastilla's counter sense Bastilla gives everyone counter attacks which damages their health and the jedi gain buffs all the time so they'll be down 50% damage all the time.

Why are there loads of videos showing the Jedi beating Traya then?
  • Options
    IE4TAPPL3S wrote: »

Why are there loads of videos showing the Jedi beating Traya then?

Is Traya the leader in these videos? A lot of people have Traya on their team but not as the leader. Her lead counters bastilla hard. On offense Bastilla can beat Traya sometimes though...
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Options
    CAD BANE!!!
    Constant bonus damages and effects against a full team of jedi!
    You dont need to rework a character, if you shift the meta to be jedi..
  • Cyclonick
    126 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Roopehun wrote: »
    CAD BANE!!!
    Constant bonus damages and effects against a full team of jedi!
    You dont need to rework a character, if you shift the meta to be jedi..

Harhar!

What about DN? wouldnt ignoring protection be key against Bastilla?
    Like DN (L), Savage, Maul, Sion, Sith Marauder?
  • Options
    My Ep team (vader, thrawn, scion, DN) kills the 3 in my top 50 every time. yes it is annoying and they do well against me but it is still a pretty easy win. This is on a older shard.

My Ns team wrecks them even quicker, no aoe makes it easy.

My Jtr also wrecks them.

Once they add another jedi or buffs some to with with Shan's lead they have potential to be awesome. until then, it is very cool they can compete and win on offense!
  • Options
    No one is going to like this, but I used Quira lead, znest, zhan, snolo, and Thrawn with incredible ease. No great mods. Most around 90-100 speed.
    Ally Code 285-115-111
  • Options
    Clash2Far wrote: »
    No one is going to like this, but I used Quira lead, znest, zhan, snolo, and Thrawn with incredible ease. No great mods. Most around 90-100 speed.

No actually this is helpful. It is good to know that many teams can beat it. If it was good against everything but traya then it would make arena suck. But if there are a variety of teams that beat it, most of which can be beaten by my palp lead already then not much to worry about short term. I still need to farm and gear alternative arena teams but not at the expense of other priorities. So I'm going to focus on gearing my ns the rest of the way since i need them for raids anyway. That and my jtr resistance. That should be plenty of backup once mod switching becomes easier
  • Options
    Rsaetan wrote: »
    My Ep team (vader, thrawn, scion, DN) kills the 3 in my top 50 every time. yes it is annoying and they do well against me but it is still a pretty easy win. This is on a older shard.

My Ns team wrecks them even quicker, no aoe makes it easy.

My Jtr also wrecks them.

Once they add another jedi or buffs some to with with Shan's lead they have potential to be awesome. until then, it is very cool they can compete and win on offense!

It seems not every bastilla team is as bad as the one in my shard so far. It may just be the 120+ speed mods on it then. My mods are decent but not that good.