Why is 'speed' being encouraged when it's clearly not working as originally intended?

124Next

Replies

• Options
    anonidude wrote: »
    Yep I'm good with it.

Yes you are wrong. John has put it more eloquently than I will.

Here is my .gg https://swgoh.gg/u/exile/

I got 99 problems but speed just ain't one of them

You have good top-end speed mods, but with your GP you should really have more depth to your mod collection. I’m at 3.3 million GP, and I have twice as many mods with double digit speed secondaries. That makes a huge difference in TW. Not trying to be insulting, just suggesting you should spend a little more time farming mods if you want to improve your TW performance.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips.....?

Try to see what I was saying. As you have pointed out speed mods aren't actually my strong suit which only goes to my point that with considered strategy being slower is not an impediment to good performance in any type of PVP.

I am more than comfortable with both my roster depth and mod inventory and quite happy with my PVP performance
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Options
    From the OP
    Kanjo wrote: »
    The elephant in the room (or game) right now is speed. It is not balanced, it is ruining the fun and it's driving people away... yet they continue to encourage it. Why?

I'd like to question the timing of this post and the idea that the devs are encouraging speed right now. Two very significant changes have been introduced or announced that will (over time) significantly reduce the impact of speed secondary stats on mods.

Firstly, G12 4 and 5 pieces all having +6 speed provides a uniform increase in speed across all available characters reducing the percentage contribution of speed from mods.

Secondly, mod slicing (when introduced) will make the chance of achieving close to maximum speed secondary stats uniform across all mods that start with a speed secondary stat making them more available to all players and reducing the significance of those currently super rare god mod speed secondaries.

Finally, we will find out when we see the details of changes to other mod set bonuses if they create enough of a difference but that's a further indication at least that the devs are not "encouraging" speed.

This levelling out of the significance of speed secondaries will admittedly take a long time to filter into the game. At a guess maybe it'll be at least 6 months until a majority of the top end of shards are doing HST raid or hopefully getting the G12+ gear from new locations by then. We have no idea yet how much of an investment slicing will require but hopefully that'll be a much quicker process than acquiring G12+ gear. Either way I see this is a good thing as a slow change like this will allow everyone who is paying attention to adjust properly.

Of course mods on arena teams will still need good speed secondaries but more people will have them, there will be smaller differences between what people have and their impact will be reduced.

You will never get rid of first turn advantage but honestly you can't say it's the be all and end all because otherwise every team in arena would have raid han on it. Mirror matches can be won with a slight disadvantage in speed and the point of the above upgrades is to reduce the speed gap between players.

P.S. the fact those G12 pieces are exclusive to Hsith is a disgrace in my opinion. As with rancor and AAT gear they should be available in lower tiers. But lets not have another thread on awful raid rewards, just wanted to rant a bit.