Server Update 7/19/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• Yogivan
    11 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Given the fact that Speed secondaries are one of the most important aspect of this game they have to fix this bug anyhow soon. Otherwise it would be a huge disadvantage in PvP formats, especially in TW.

I doubt that only less than 500 players are affected. I already know about 3 in my shard chat and only a very little piece of this shard is in the chat.

It’s clearly not the fault of the guys who are affected. But as many of us are spending 100-300 cantina energy refresh daily (and therefore crystals) into mod battles and only have gotten 1-3 mods with +20 speed secondaries in many month, they just can’t let it be this way.
  • ddlooping2
    1047 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Its not the first time people cheated the system and they let them get away with it such as 3 daily zeta challenges (!!!) Pre-crafting, raid hopping etc
    @Ultra There was no cheat or exploit, those stats increases were entirely done by the update.

• jedibaer71
    578 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    i buy a gold-mod with four secondaries, and then i level this mod from 1 to 15.

how often SHOULD one value climb?

4x or 5x?

and what was the mistake until this week?

was this mistake general or only for some mods?
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Options
    "We'll be investigating over the weekend" - so like one guy might have a think about this while they're drinking beer at a bar?
    Ffs CG, you just broke the balance and economic system of possibly thousands of servers, how about you actually put some effort into fixing it, for a change?

Also, as someone else pointed out, we've never asked for this update in the first place. We asked for mod management, not a complwte overhaul of the freaking mod stat system!
    Just like with the str rewards - we ask for something, you do something else completely, breaking it even more.
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    jedibaer71 wrote: »
    i buy a gold-mod with four secondaries, and then i level this mod from 1 to 15.

how often SHOULD one value climb?

4x or 5x?

and what was the mistake until this week?

was this mistake general or only for some mods?

4x if all upgrades trigger on a single secondary
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Y’all don’t get it! Panic farm while it’s broken...spend spend spend! And the conspiracy continues.
  • Options

hi swgohfan29,

and the problem now is, that not all mods increased four times?
  • Ultra
    11586 posts Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Options
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Its not the first time people cheated the system and they let them get away with it such as 3 daily zeta challenges (!!!) Pre-crafting, raid hopping etc
    @Ultra There was no cheat or exploit, those stats increases were entirely done by the update.
    I know

I was talking in response to the people above me that were saying these mod changes by the update should be reverted.

They never reverted things that others have done before that should’ve so I dont think they will do it this time either
  • Options
    So a bunch of people got free 20+ speed secondary mods? Cool.......
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Sorry to be that guy but, this is yet another way of demonstrating adding mods to the game was a bad idea. Wonder how long until we start seeing millions in damage instead of thousands?
  • Drim
    360 posts Member
    Options
    A guy in my arena got over 5-10 mods with +20 speed on them.... his team is blazing fast at lest he’s in my payout
  • Options
    Jesus, how many devs work this game and why the * aren’t they working the weekend to fix this? What a royal screwup. In my history playing this game I’ve never refreshed arena to the point where I faced a 200 crystal refresh. Today, I’ve reached that and still haven’t even taken top 5. So... guess I’m out the usual 500 for not getting 1st, plus howeverthehell many crystals I spent on refreshes trying to get there
  • Options
    I’d really like a better explanation of this error as well. I think we deserve to understand what happened. Could someone not figure the probability correctly, because no matter how big the tree is or the number of coefficients you’ve crammed in there it’s still a basic thing and I’d be at a total loss to explain away a goof like this myself. Sorry, but I feel like a need the explanation to determine for myself if it was fairly fixed. I mean, at this point you can’t possibly expect us to trust it’s been done right
  • Options
    Personally as a player that has spent to make sure that I stayed on top of my arena with mods... this is incredibly unsettling and deflating to see a sub-average player being rocketed up to the top. I really want to hear what CG has to say about this situation as well.
  • Options
    Is there going to be anything from CG about these crazy mods that are out there with TW starting in a few mins? Not really looking to enjoy this TW
  • Options
    Weren't we going to hear something today about the super-mods that people obtained?
  • AdlerCl
    47 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    Is there going to be anything from CG about these crazy mods that are out there with TW starting in a few mins? Not really looking to enjoy this TW

They still have 13 minutes to make good on Crumbs promise of an update on the situation.

Edit: given that they work 9-5 Sacramento timr and not some other time like 10-6 or something like that.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    Added an update to OP:
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    UPDATE 7/23:
    We are still investigating the root cause of the mod stats changes and what steps we can take to resolve this issue. We believe this bug only impacted a small group of players but we are verifying if others could have been impacted as well.

• Options
    Lol man i need compensation for all the screw ups I got zero mod improvements and several on my arena shard did. Terrible QA. Terrible development. This game has lost the plot.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Options
    Lol wow how about instead of this continuous embarrassment, take a step back and fix your existing problems internally. Instead of trying to change the fundamentals of the game and doing it horribly.

I spent a few thousand on the game over the last year.... in the last 3 months I haven’t spent a dime and refuse to until you fix (your) problems.
  • Options
    Omg booooooo!!!!!! It can’t effect anyone like it did. Roll it back immediately
  • Options
    What are you thinking? If it gave one single player ten plus 20 speed mods it neeeds to be rolled back
  • Options
    Or is it just, in other words “we don’t know how to fix it”?
  • Options
    Can’t wait to see how smooth slicing goes!
  • Options
    I can kind of tell already you all at CG are hopeful this just blows over and goes away.
    It’s not going to. Mods as I’m quite sure you know are one of the thing players spend the most money on in the game. That said it is a slap in the face to every whale who has spent thousands of dollars buying mods and upgrading them, that you guys gave them to others for free.
  • Yogivan
    11 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Or is it just, in other words “we don’t know how to fix it”?

I think you are right. Thats exactly what they are trying to hide. If you can't solve the problem, predict it isn't substantially. But it really is substantially. You can't give even one player such a big advantage out from nowhere. And I still doubt it being less than 500 affected accounts.

IMHO doing nothing is really no option. All PVP-Formats would be distorted. Many whales have spent a lot of money in mods while others get godlike mods for free now?

If you can't fix the problem, you should do the exactly same thing with every single other mod (excluding the effected ones). Eg. give +5 speed to every mod with a speed secondary. You would equalize the effect that occured with this bug and the old speed differences between the players would be restored. The toons would be faster, but at least there wouldn't be this huge advantage for a few accounts. You would have to give this boost to new mods as well of course. But it shouldn't be a problem to start with +8 to +10 speed instead of +3 to +5...

I am probably missing sth. here since I only thought about it a few minutes. But again: Doing nothing is no option!!

If you use this solution, feel free to sent me some vaults for doing your work... ;)
  • Options
    Added an update to OP:
    UPDATE 7/23:
    We are still investigating the root cause of the mod stats changes and what steps we can take to resolve this issue. We believe this bug only impacted a small group of players but we are verifying if others could have been impacted as well.
    Lol
  • Options
    Added an update to OP:
    UPDATE 7/23:

This looks suspiciously like "we're not going to fix it". Kind of like when the Asian packs went out with Zeta mats in them. It was the same line albeit worded differently. "These weren't supposed to go out but only a small group of players were able to purchase them." You know what happened then? They were allowed to keep the zeta mats they bought from the packs and they had an unfair advantage. Or it even looks like the Chimaera folly. You know, the one where people without the required number of ships were able to complete the event? The one where you literally just came out and said "we're not going to fix this."

Your track record when it comes to things like this is pretty bad. The things I listed above gave players huge advantages and they were due to coding errors and never fixed.

Pretty sure we're not mushrooms. You can't just keep us in the dark and keep feeding us poop.

I'd be insulted if you threw us 500 crystals and said "sorry for your luck." It would be nice for something like this to actually be fixed. I know someone who went from 0 +20 speed secondaries to 10. Not only that, they got another 15 or so 15+ speed secondaries.

Honestly, if you guys didn't make speed such a defining factor in the game, this would be a non-issue. But by making speed the be all and end all of stats here, you've literally handed people the keys to the kingdom with this.

Fix it. Don't say that you can't. You can.