Server Update 7/19/2018 [MEGA]

1235Next

Replies

• Options
    Starting a pool on when CG will push an update that doesn't mess up stuff.
  • Options
    So summary the fundamental problems people said about the game. All in all, it should be a game, not gamble. Maybe give five set of reward and allow the player to chose one? That sound good but you guys will never make is easier for the player.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Added an update to OP:
    UPDATE 7/23:
    We are still investigating the root cause of the mod stats changes and what steps we can take to resolve this issue. We believe this bug only impacted a small group of players but we are verifying if others could have been impacted as well.

Thanks for the reply. See? Now while the response may not be good, or the problem still exists, some sort of acknowledgement about the issue is always appreciated.
    Personally I still think that this isn’t good business because even if 500 people only were affected, that impact is made much worse during events like TW and arena payouts as well.
    Back to my original point though, RESPONSES ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED. You know, maybe try that with the STR raid and the reward structure for it that you PROMISED to have an update on back in May....it’s almost August so....you know....August.
  • Chewtabacca
    18 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I'd like to point out that just by saying and repeating 'only a small amount of players were affected (500ish?)' is pretty indicative of a few issues like:

1. You do not know the scale of this problem. Initial testimony has shown it's probably much bigger than 500.
    2. You do not know how this problem exactly happened.
    3. You do not know how to solve this problem without being incredibly disruptive to the game.
    4. You do not know how to solve this problem without upsetting those who have put in a ton of $$ into this game to separate themselves from other players by farming incredible mods.

Longest Monday. Ever.
    Post edited by Chewtabacca on
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    Quick update for today, we are closer to identifying the players and mods that were impacted. This is a very high priority for the team, and we are working on how to restore those mods back to their intended values. The team is committed to fixing this issue as soon as possible, and will keep you updated daily as we have more to share.
  • Options
    It's always interesting how everything grinds to a halt and it becomes an all hands on deck situation when something breaks that benefits players. Actual game breaking bugs can sit around forever as long as it's the users that are inconvenienced. Compared to other issues (ongoing TB problems, anyone?) the level of communication for this has been absurd. I would love to understand the dichotomy here.
  • Options
    Quick update for today, we are closer to identifying the players and mods that were impacted. This is a very high priority for the team, and we are working on how to restore those mods back to their intended values. The team is committed to fixing this issue as soon as possible, and will keep you updated daily as we have more to share.

How about keeping us updated daily on the other issues as well? Like, say, the Sith Raid or Raid rewards or any of the handful of issues you conveniently disregard?
  • Mikayas
    95 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
  • Options

What about the sith raid rewards to promised to fix for us in May?
  • JohnAran
    312 posts Member
    Options
    It's always interesting how everything grinds to a halt and it becomes an all hands on deck situation when something breaks that benefits players. Actual game breaking bugs can sit around forever as long as it's the users that are inconvenienced. Compared to other issues (ongoing TB problems, anyone?) the level of communication for this has been absurd. I would love to understand the dichotomy here.

You can criticize them on whatever you want but i’m personally glad to know they are fixing this issue as fast as they can. As a player.
  • Options
    JohnAran wrote: »

You can criticize them on whatever you want but i’m personally glad to know they are fixing this issue as fast as they can. As a player.

This post made me laugh a lot
  • Options
    So I got a update re did all my mods, spent a ton on up grading said mod, spent hours re arranging them and now u say u r going to put back like it was? Funny how when I accidentally gave chirpa a zeta u said to me oh well once u did it no take backs. Now u screw up in my favor for once and in a matter of days u can fix this? Even though apparently there has been a mod problem from beginning that u have not fixed in forever or even say to us there is a problem. If I get my mods switched I’am done with this game!
  • Options
    Just wish they where consistent on fixing problems that don’t just benefit there needs
  • TVF
    36759 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    deleted

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Swaie2004 wrote: »
    Just wish they where consistent on fixing problems that don’t just benefit there needs

They’re acrually very consistent with this, they just ignore them all
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    My wife asked me if I could change the light bulb on the garage, since it was out and she needed to see better when carrying groceries from the car at night. So I offered to tear down the garage and rebuild a new one with motion sensor lighting. I explained that it would take a while and she wouldn't have any place to park while I worked on it....but I offered 500 crystals for the inconvenience. She wasn't amused.

Have a great day!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    My wife asked me if I could change the light bulb on the garage, since it was out and she needed to see better when carrying groceries from the car at night. So I offered to tear down the garage and rebuild a new one with motion sensor lighting. I explained that it would take a while and she wouldn't have any place to park while I worked on it....but I offered 500 crystals for the inconvenience. She wasn't amused.

Have a great day!

Dont forget that while installing the new motion sensor, youve accidentally burned down the house and have no idea how to get a new one.
  • Options
    @cg_sbcrumb daily mod problem update?
  • Options
    Hmm so let's go off yesterday cool where he clearly stated daily updates. And if they require something new to report before they comment it isn't daily.
  • another_bug117
    43 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

@cg_sbcrumb so is it a daily update? Or an update as you have new information?

Both of these cannot be true. And one of them you have already failed on. To go along with all the other promises you have made and have yet to deliver upon.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

@cg_sbcrumb so is it a daily update? Or an update as you have new information?

Both of these cannot be true. And one of them you have already failed on. To go along with all the other promises you have made and have yet to deliver upon.

They’ll update daily as they get new information :smile: