4x speed doesn't also accelerate the arena clock

2Next

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Tryxa wrote: »
    If 5 minutes isnt enough time to finish a match, increase the timer. Increasing game speed is silly, and makes it too easy to be hyperfocused on prizes rather than enjoying gameplay. That's all I'm saying. (I didn't say you had to agree with me.)

Increasing the timer is stupid. In arena i cant fight if you are hitting me. It sucks waiting for a lockout to finish so i can have my arena battles. 5 minutes is more than long enough to sit waiting unable to play this game.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed, @Naraic. Players who enjoy watching game animations as much as @Tryxa does, could simply record their 5 minute matches and watch them again during the battle cooldown. A simple solution, which won't bother anyone else (not even developers).
  • Options
    Wow this thread is just straight trolling.

I'm all for thinking outside the box, but this is an awful idea and not thought out at all. I would guess the OP has either not been playing very long, or is no where near the top of his shard, (or most likely both) so he has no idea about the ramifications of what he's suggesting.

My Bastila vs Bastila battles right now take ~4 minutes on full auto at x4. Every single battle would be a time out, you could lock up for 20 minutes, which was maybe an even more absurd suggestion, and would completely upend and destroy how arena works.
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Again, @Tryxa: There's no option to increase game speed, Tryxa. There's an option to increase animation speed during battle.

Repeating the same thing over and over doesnt make it true. You do have the right to deliberately miss my point, though.
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    Options
    Ploosh wrote: »
    Wow this thread is just straight trolling.

I'm all for thinking outside the box, but this is an awful idea and not thought out at all. I would guess the OP has either not been playing very long, or is no where near the top of his shard, (or most likely both) so he has no idea about the ramifications of what he's suggesting.

My Bastila vs Bastila battles right now take ~4 minutes on full auto at x4. Every single battle would be a time out, you could lock up for 20 minutes, which was maybe an even more absurd suggestion, and would completely upend and destroy how arena works.

I'm against arena being purely rank-based, because the way it is now is why the same small group always just stays at the top. (That, and OPeror-led Empire's out-of-control tm synergy. But that's a different conversation.) So yeah, I kind of do want the way arena currently is to be "destroyed." It should be achievement based, not rank based.

And if having a view that differs from your own is what makes someone a troll, then there are 7+ billion trolls in the world. Good luck with life if you really think that.

And I'm also not too bad in squads and ships. So, strike three.
  • Options
    Again, @Tryxa: There's no option to increase game speed, Tryxa. There's an option to increase animation speed during battle.

Repeating the same thing over and over doesnt make it true. You do have the right to deliberately miss my point, though.

I don't understand how he is wrong. All the 2X and 4X do is speed up the animations. That's it, and that's all it needs to do. Thinking back to when Dooku was in the arena, he could spend 20 seconds (maybe slight exaggeration to make point) counter attacking. All 4x speed does is make that happen quicker.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

First you refer to an option to set arena matches to 4x speed. Later you refer to an option to increase game speed. Yet again:

There are no such options. There is, however, an option to increase animation speed. That's what the option is supposed to do, and that's what it does. I'm right — you're wrong.

You may wish, that it did all sorts of other things as well, but that's another story. Your oppinion on that is as good as anybody elses.