Old Republic Tags

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Gheyst1214 wrote: »
    Hey devs can we get Old Republic tags for Sion, Nihilus, Traya, Visas Marr, HK47, Sith Marauder, Sith Trooper, and Sith Assassin? I feel this only makes sense, especially considering Assassin’s ship is tagged Old Republic and she isn’t. Thanks in advance if this becomes a thing.

This assumes that the devs know how to do anything that makes sense though...lol
  • Options
    Bastilla Shan (Fallen) (or Nasty Basty as I like to call her) also has the tag, so I'm wondering who should and should not have it...

I've also never played Kotor but thinking about going back and playing it
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    MCThr33pio wrote: »
    I think HK-47 and Visas Marr should probably have the Old Republic tag, but that's about it.
    Maybe they'll consider it once the Old Republic tag actually does something.

Zcarth? Excellent use of that tag
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    :p:p:p:p Not sure about visas and hk huhhhhhhhhh???
  • Options
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    There's no plan to add the faction tag Old Republic to the Sith Triumvirate members, as this tag represents the faction, not the era. (Similar to how "Galactic Republic" refers to the governmental body and not the entire Clone Wars era). The Triumvirate are not part of the Old Republic (indeed, they were attempting to destroy it.) Sith Assassin, Trooper, and Marauder wouldn't get the tag for similar reasons. Unsure about Visas and HK atm, but for the moment no changes are planned for them.

I follow your logic but the the SWGOH tags don’t. Fallen Bastila and Canderous Ordo were not part of the “Old Republic” faction. Canderous was a scoundrel who wanted to rebuild the Mandalorians who fought the old republic and Fallen Bastila served Malak. The tag is inconsistent, so it doesn’t work well. Even Mission and Zaalbar were just street hustlers not Old Republic. Jolee was a hermit who had left the Jedi Order. I think only T3, Carth, and Bastila Shan really meet your definition. I am a big KOTOR fan and the triumvirate was from the second game but all the first game members don’t have the tag, like HK, but you give it to Mission and big Z from the first game. So you do it based on game? Based on affiliation? Based on era? Take a look at the source material.

• Options
    There's no plan to add the faction tag Old Republic to the Sith Triumvirate members, as this tag represents the faction, not the era. (Similar to how "Galactic Republic" refers to the governmental body and not the entire Clone Wars era). The Triumvirate are not part of the Old Republic (indeed, they were attempting to destroy it.) Sith Assassin, Trooper, and Marauder wouldn't get the tag for similar reasons. Unsure about Visas and HK atm, but for the moment no changes are planned for them.

I follow your logic but the the SWGOH tags don’t. Fallen Bastila and Canderous Ordo were not part of the “Old Republic” faction. Canderous was a scoundrel who wanted to rebuild the Mandalorians who fought the old republic and Fallen Bastila served Malak. The tag is inconsistent, so it doesn’t work well. Even Mission and Zaalbar were just street hustlers not Old Republic. Jolee was a hermit who had left the Jedi Order. I think only T3, Carth, and Bastila Shan really meet your definition. I am a big KOTOR fan and the triumvirate was from the second game but all the first game members don’t have the tag, like HK, but you give it to Mission and big Z from the first game. So you do it based on game? Based on affiliation? Based on era? Take a look at the source material.

This thread and that post is from last July, good chance they've changed a few things since then.
  • Options
    Prosser wrote: »

This thread and that post is from last July, good chance they've changed a few things since then.

But they haven't yet
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    CHFC22 wrote: »
    Zcarth? Excellent use of that tag
    Did not exist when I posted that. This thread was necro'd.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Prosser wrote: »

But they haven't yet

I was mostly referring to them being unsure about tagging HK and Visas. I mean he is quoting a dev post from 8 months ago, it's very possible they have changed their stance on that tag since then but not released that info yet since they haven't officially announced an HK rework yet.
  • Options

Why does Bastila (Fallen) have the OR tag? She also was actively trying to destroy it.
  • Options
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    Why does Bastila (Fallen) have the OR tag? She also was actively trying to destroy it.
    I don't think she took the time to formally renounce her citizenship before going evil.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    I don't think she took the time to formally renounce her citizenship before going evil.

I didn’t renounce it. I declared it. Lol
  • EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    Options
    I'm going to go ahead and lock this now as it's been inactive since last year.
This discussion has been closed.