Old Republic Tags

Prev1
Hey devs can we get Old Republic tags for Sion, Nihilus, Traya, Visas Marr, HK47, Sith Marauder, Sith Trooper, and Sith Assassin? I feel this only makes sense, especially considering Assassin’s ship is tagged Old Republic and she isn’t. Thanks in advance if this becomes a thing.

Replies

• Options
    I think it'll happen. I am actually surprised it didn't with this last update. Because exactly what you said, it only makes sense!
  • Options
    I think it'll happen. I am actually surprised it didn't with this last update. Because exactly what you said, it only makes sense!

I have a strange feeling they’re not done with Kotor stuff yet even though the toons they previously announced have all been released already.
  • Options
    Oh yeah! Even if they are done for the moment, it will definitely be revisited.
  • CapGaSP
    313 posts Member
    Options
    There's no plan to add the faction tag Old Republic to the Sith Triumvirate members, as this tag represents the faction, not the era. (Similar to how "Galactic Republic" refers to the governmental body and not the entire Clone Wars era). The Triumvirate are not part of the Old Republic (indeed, they were attempting to destroy it.) Sith Assassin, Trooper, and Marauder wouldn't get the tag for similar reasons. Unsure about Visas and HK atm, but for the moment no changes are planned for them.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • Options
    Gheyst1214 wrote: »
    Hey devs can we get Old Republic tags for Sion, Nihilus, Traya, Visas Marr, HK47, Sith Marauder, Sith Trooper, and Sith Assassin? I feel this only makes sense, especially considering Assassin’s ship is tagged Old Republic and she isn’t. Thanks in advance if this becomes a thing.

I just checked, and I don’t see that the Sith Fighter is tagged Old Republic.

Personally, the only characters you listed that I might argue should be tagged Old Republic are HK and Visas, and they’re both edge cases, who only maybe qualify because they are affiliated with the protagonists of the KOTOR games.

People have argued all,over the forums about whether “Old Republic” refers to a time period or to a factional affiliation. I think in order for it to really work in gameplay, it has to have the factional meaning. E.g., a light side version of Revan probably shouldn’t give a leadership bonus to Nihilus, and a dark side version shouldn’t give a bonus to Bastila.

Of course now that I’ve said that, I recognize that that’s probably arguable too.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • Franimus
    128 posts Member
    Options

Her ship is not tagged OR.
  • Options
    It was when it was released, at least on the kit reveal post. Looks like this got fixed.
  • Options
    They’re from knights of the old republic, but they’re not republic characters. Just like some of the characters that were around during the republic (of the prequel movies) don’t have the “republic” tag. They’re not fighting for the republic, so it makes sense to me that they shouldn’t have the tag. Sion, Traya, And Nihilus are trying to bring down the republic. Don’t give them the tag.
  • Options
    I think HK-47 and Visas Marr should probably have the Old Republic tag, but that's about it.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    MCThr33pio wrote: »
    I think HK-47 and Visas Marr should probably have the Old Republic tag, but that's about it.
    Maybe they'll consider it once the Old Republic tag actually does something.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    There's no plan to add the faction tag Old Republic to the Sith Triumvirate members, as this tag represents the faction, not the era. (Similar to how "Galactic Republic" refers to the governmental body and not the entire Clone Wars era). The Triumvirate are not part of the Old Republic (indeed, they were attempting to destroy it.) Sith Assassin, Trooper, and Marauder wouldn't get the tag for similar reasons. Unsure about Visas and HK atm, but for the moment no changes are planned for them.

Thank you for responding. What you said makes complete sense. Maybe see if the devs will at least consider Marr and HK47 but beyond that you can probably close this discussion. Lol
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Is HK Old Republic, though? I never played the games, so I'm not saying it is or isn't. But from what my friends would say when they were playing years ago, HK always seemed more like an unaffiliated assassin (like Zam being considered a Bounty Hunter instead of Galactic Republic) than an actual member of the Republic.

But, as I said, I don't know anything. That's why I ask :p
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

Thank you for responding. What you said makes complete sense. Maybe see if the devs will at least consider Marr and HK47 but beyond that you can probably close this discussion. Lol

They won't add the tag to HK or Visas Marr because they're going to require the 5 currently under the tag to get Revan. Allowing two toons that have been out for awhile that can be easily taken to 7* doesn't follow their money hungry ways. Gotta induce panic farming and ya ain't doing it right.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Is HK Old Republic, though? I never played the games, so I'm not saying it is or isn't. But from what my friends would say when they were playing years ago, HK always seemed more like an unaffiliated assassin (like Zam being considered a Bounty Hunter instead of Galactic Republic) than an actual member of the Republic.

You’re probably right. I’ve played the game multiple times and he’s an edge character. Visas Marr should definitely get the tag though. She rebuilt the Jedi Order. If she’s not getting a Jedi tag she was definitely on the side of the Republic. I wish they would just rework HK47 as part of this Kotor celebration. He should be as badass in this game as he was in that one.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

You’re probably right. I’ve played the game multiple times and he’s an edge character. Visas Marr should definitely get the tag though. She rebuilt the Jedi Order. If she’s not getting a Jedi tag she was definitely on the side of the Republic. I wish they would just rework HK47 as part of this Kotor celebration. He should be as badass in this game as he was in that one.

Oh, man, don't get me started on The Good Old Days of Droids... Back then HK was a BEAST. In point of fact, Droids are still pretty good--but their kits are out of date compared with what's out now. So outside of Territory Wars you're not going to see much of them. But HK, IG-88, IG-86, B2, and Jawa Engineer was absolute murder at one time, and it all hinged on HK's leader ability.

Technically that team is a little bit better today since you can use BB-8 instead of the Engineer. But there are better teams out there for BB-8 to join.
  • BrekRegis
    31 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Feels like they are holding back for the dark side releases... We've had the light so next maybe Darth Revan and Malak?

I agree the tags will stay as they are so the 5 toons can be used to get New Revan, Revan Reborn, Revan (whatever you'd like to call him). But if those 5 toons are needed, surely Malak needs to be introduced...
  • Options
    BrekRegis wrote: »
    Feels like they are holding back for the dark side releases... We've had the light so next maybe Darth Revan and Malak?

I agree the tags will stay as they are so the 5 toons can be used to get New Revan, Revan Reborn, Revan (whatever you'd like to call him). But if those 5 toons are needed, surely Malak needs to be introduced...

I’m really hoping you’re right. HK47 rework, Malak, Canderous Ordo, Calo Nord, Saul Karath, maybe Darth Bandon. Plus there’s still Carth Onasi and Juhani. Lots of material. The Leviathan and Ebon Hawk too.
  • Bz183
    170 posts Member
    Options
    No....

5 old republic toons will be needed for Darth Malak. Then Darth Malak will be needed for Revans villain event.
  • Options
    I have often wondered why Light Side and Dark Side are primary tags, instead of Republic and Empire. But given ongoing time periods I guess it makes sense as it carries over through the ages.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

These are the first Light Old Republic characters released. They're the answer to HK, Marauder, Assassin, Nihilus, Traya, Trooper, and Sion. (Not, like, "the answer" in the sense that they beat them, but the answer in the sense that they're what was being held back, to echo your statement.)
  • IC3M4N
    267 posts Member
    Options
    They said the same thing about Rogue One tags not being included. Then later they added them, it’s just a matter of time.
  • Options
    I agree with Visas Marr and HK47, but none of the rest.
  • Options

These are the first Light Old Republic characters released. They're the answer to HK, Marauder, Assassin, Nihilus, Traya, Trooper, and Sion. (Not, like, "the answer" in the sense that they beat them, but the answer in the sense that they're what was being held back, to echo your statement.)

Yep fair play. The KotoR 2 sith did preceed but with the new releases being based in the first game I just meant I don't think the old republic anniversary releases are finished just yet. Revan and Malak alongside the triumvirate would be fearsome. They're not needed... but they are wanted.
  • Options

When you first get HK into your party, he's an unaffiliated assassin droid. But it's revealed that he's not unaffiliated -- he was, and still is, Revan's assassin droid. Since the "official" ending for KOTOR has Revan a republic hero, I would submit that HK is republic as well.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Except the entire game is Revan choosing a side, and in the game, all endings are valid. So, if the HK snapshot is any time during the game, HK is freelance.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Except the entire game is Revan choosing a side, and in the game, all endings are valid. So, if the HK snapshot is any time during the game, HK is freelance.

Yes but HK-47 was still in the old republic
  • Options
    Agreed, all old rep toons should get the tag. After all, they were all in the game.
  • Options

👀
  • Options
    Please do not thread necro.
    Still not a he.
This discussion has been closed.