Does RG need a little more bang in his attack?

Prev1
Bryan1986
529 posts Member
edited March 2016
Royal Guard is a good taunter....but he is virtually useless attacking unless he gets that 65% stun chance on his first attack (just before his health drops under 50%). He hits like a school girl underwater. Does anyone think he should have a tad more damage to bring him up to par a bit?
FTB

Does RG need a little more bang in his attack? 116 votes

Yes
19%
SlythRinnNonemoFrenzytomPlague_IncOrionPeaceHighlandmonkey_01HendijuEricsonXDarken26Wedge_AntillesGurley30Altoon33KopfschussRenovatoGCor71RadwinSchnolhamotJaquizz1616FlamesFan2313Bryan1986 23 votes
No
72%
HyperalloyQeltarTelaanJ7000DarkCrossXcaliburPoerliGeddreHbk146jeremyj26slmcmrDarthMufasaDoomCrymsonkyngMeetraSurikRogan_Ban84StarSonRonTomHBOMBCOKFISTThomasLyleDarthNico 84 votes
I think he is cool as a School Girl (IDC)
7%
Sticare_Courts_0073LokaiAmaltheaNickis852Han_Brolo81ArubeCookieCrisppSpaceCowboyTMRevan 9 votes

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    No
    Lol no
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    No
    He is not meant to do a lot of attack. He is good at protecting the attackers. If he deals more damage nerf posts will start
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Options
    No
    It's 80% chance to stun while above 50% hp once you lvl up his basic attack
  • Options
    No
    RG is on any squad for one reason, to take damage way from other characters. That's something he does better than anyone in the game.
    I can not understand why everyone want to create the "perfect" character. The point of having teams is that they all have weaknesses, you job is to create a team that complements the weakness of every character so they don't show up.
  • Options
    I think he is cool as a School Girl (IDC)
    Serious response: **** no! Stun and high attack? You want the forums to explode?
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    No
    Serious response: **** no! Stun and high attack? You want the forums to explode?

+1
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    No
    Pretty sure most would welcome a buff to Bariss main attack. RG? Not so much. LOL
  • Geddre
    224 posts Member
    Options
    No
    Absolutely not. I have him 7* gear 7 and I feel like I'm cheating sometimes. The day after they changed him I started tearing through GW. I've only had to use my sacrificial lambs team 2 or 3 times since then and really it was just to make it go faster. This must be what early Poe adopters felt like.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options

And explode they would lol. While I think RG is a great designed character, he really makes people like QGJ and GS be less as effective. Calling in that doober and hitting for 800 is frustrating.
  • Geddre
    224 posts Member
    Options
    No
    J7000 wrote: »
    Pretty sure most would welcome a buff to Bariss main attack. RG? Not so much. LOL

100%
  • Tony167
    231 posts Member
    Options
    No
    He's used to taunt and soak up damage. With a high chance to stun , giving him more power in his attack would be nuts
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    RG and Barriss are actually really cool together. She increases his HP, he forces enemies to concentrate attacks. That way Barriss' heal is even more effective when she pulls it off.

RG is a great and balanced character that's already earned a spot in my rather competitive arena team. He doesn't need more buffing.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    No
    Barrok wrote: »

And explode they would lol. While I think RG is a great designed character, he really makes people like QGJ and GS be less as effective. Calling in that doober and hitting for 800 is frustrating.

That's one of the reasons I dropped Barris from my GW team. It seemed like I was unusually unlucky in that she was usually the assist toon. Lol
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Wait. Why does it say I voted "yes"? I clearly didn't. This contest is rigged!
  • Poerli
    113 posts Member
    Options
    No
    RG is a joke an i wish they would nerf him. His taunt is way too strong. No idea what ea/CG where thinking
  • Eaywen
    422 posts Member
    Options
    That urrs job
  • Dekayingsoul
    632 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    No
    Poerli wrote: »
    RG is a joke an i wish they would nerf him. His taunt is way too strong. No idea what ea/CG where thinking

How does what you say make him a joke? His taunt is way to strong and needs to be nerfed so he's a joke??? First taunt does not have a strength meter, it just is. Second if you have a problem facing him figure out a strategy around his taunt and STOP calling for a character to be nerfed.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    If Royal Guard is a joke, then that 80% stun+ turn meter gain combo is the punchline. I swear, he goes almost as often as my Dooku.
  • Options
    No
    Telaan wrote: »
    Lol no

| John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Cenarl
    35 posts Member
    Options
    found the whale
  • Bryan1986
    529 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yes
    If you guys have used him much against a high powered team....you would realize that all he gets is one attack in if he is lucky to not be attacked and killed first. His one attack should matter. If any of you are top players....you know all he gets is one attack in before death....and if that attack doesn't stun...then its virtually useless. At least Poe has a good crit and expose. RG is a one round character. For those of you that don't agree....you must've never attacked him in high arena or near a max level. When I face him...I use QGJ ability followed by Leia and he is wasted at the beginning of the battle before he can even taunt....and if he does taunt...then the next attack kills him for sure and all he did was get a lucky stun...for round 2 or take on 800-1k off with his attack. But all top players know as well as I do....he is always the first target to destroy in an arena battle and is slow enough that you can make his taunt irrelevant. I just wish his one attack would make a difference. By the time his stun is able to be used....he is normally below 50% health and doesn't matter....so let's just poke the enemy with a stick....
    FTB
  • Options
    Yes
    In order for his stun to matter....it has to be round one, therefore maybe he needs to be a bit faster. Sure does bite when you use QGJ or GS ability....and there assist is a 1k HP RG attack that doesn't stun.
    FTB
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    No
    Nonemo wrote: »
    If Royal Guard is a joke, then that 80% stun+ turn meter gain combo is the punchline. I swear, he goes almost as often as my Dooku.

Stop making comments bro! Evertime i see you i say; "Hey there is someone who voted for yes. Let's see how he defends this bullsh*t idea (OP no offense)" Then i remember that you accidentally said yes. Lol
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    No
    He does attack sooner and in the first round maybe your RG isn't upgraded enough

Unyielding Defender – At the end of each turn, if any other ally took damage that turn, Royal Guard gains 15% Turn Meter and recovers 4% Health. In addition, Royal Guard Taunts for 1 turn whenever another ally falls below 50% Health
  • Tony167
    231 posts Member
    Options
    No
    Bryan1986 wrote: »
    If you guys have used him much against a high powered team....you would realize that all he gets is one attack in if he is lucky to not be attacked and killed first. His one attack should matter. If any of you are top players....you know all he gets is one attack in before death....and if that attack doesn't stun...then its virtually useless. At least Poe has a good crit and expose. RG is a one round character. For those of you that don't agree....you must've never attacked him in high arena or near a max level. When I face him...I use QGJ ability followed by Leia and he is wasted at the beginning of the battle before he can even taunt....and if he does taunt...then the next attack kills him for sure and all he did was get a lucky stun...for round 2 or take on 800-1k off with his attack. But all top players know as well as I do....he is always the first target to destroy in an arena battle and is slow enough that you can make his taunt irrelevant. I just wish his one attack would make a difference. By the time his stun is able to be used....he is normally below 50% health and doesn't matter....so let's just poke the enemy with a stick....

I'm Lvl 70, play against plenty of high powered teams and he does his job perfectly. I understand what your saying, but he's there to soak up some damage and hopefully get your high damage attackers to the next round. It's just bad luck if he gets called for assist and then doesn't stun.
  • Options
    Yes
    At the end of the turn bro....
    FTB
  • Options
    Yes
    Tony167 wrote: »

I'm Lvl 70, play against plenty of high powered teams and he does his job perfectly. I understand what your saying, but he's there to soak up some damage and hopefully get your high damage attackers to the next round. It's just bad luck if he gets called for assist and then doesn't stun.

I hear ya man. That's why I made a poll....I wanted to get everyone's input. Don't wanna fight or listen to the whinos that can't beat him complain about how OP he is....just wanted to know what everyone thought as far as his attack goes. Thank you for the input bro.
    FTB
  • Options
    No

So what you are saying is that he is a soft taunt, effectively allowing the DPS to live on his team because you focused him down?

And if you don't, then he stuns?

Sounds like he is working as intended.

RG is the best tank in the game right now, buffing him would create an imbalance. I would totally benefit from him getting a buff, but he is fine.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Options
    Yes
    VIII wrote: »
    He does attack sooner and in the first round maybe your RG isn't upgraded enough

Unyielding Defender – At the end of each turn, if any other ally took damage that turn, Royal Guard gains 15% Turn Meter and recovers 4% Health. In addition, Royal Guard Taunts for 1 turn whenever another ally falls below 50% Health

At the end of the turn bro....he is already dead by then when faced by a smart attacker....
    FTB
  • Options
    No
    No, simply because he's a tank
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384