Which Luke do you want?

Prev1
Wildcats1203
781 posts Member
edited March 2016
When a Luke with a lightsaber finally gets added, do you want the green and black ROTJ Luke or the blue and white Bespin Luke?

Which Luke do you want? 97 votes

ROTJ Luke
86%
TelaanJ7000Cobratatcosmicturtle333AdamWksbden02ichotolotSlythRinnHBu3NoCharlesbusaSekuElinadMasterOneHitJvalente80Ajl1748garcia_george99Wildcats1203Plague_IncKAULITheShadow1983 84 votes
Bespin Luke
13%
DanixJiggywiggyViperishJuan123CheesyPastaGiodude2000WildRileToonnydarthkuroApollodoFirstOrderedNightBaristaPallax 13 votes

Replies

• Options
    ROTJ Luke
    Personally, I don't like the Luke from 4 and 5. He's whiny, and Luke from 6 looks way cooler too.
  • BNCS
    75 posts Member
    Options
    ROTJ Luke
    ROTJ with green lightsaber.
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    Options
    Grand master Luke
    Force awakens
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I want X-Wing Pilot Luke
  • Options
    Dark jedi luke. However thanks to disney thats no longer "cannon"
  • Options
    ROTJ Luke
    Rotj luke
  • RonTom
    268 posts Member
    Options
    Since the model is already in the game I don't really see the point of the poll? We've all beaten him down several times, now we just have to be able to get him ourselves!
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    ROTJ Luke
    Hands down ROTJ Luke Skywalker
  • Options
    I want sister kisser luke.
  • Options
    All of them!!
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Ppl would seriously vite bespin over jedi????

Lol ok
  • Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    Ppl would seriously vite bespin over jedi????

Lol ok

Probably the love for ESB extends to the character.
  • Options
    I want "Naboo Spy Luke" in his groundhog disguise.

70jmdl.jpg

I will settle for any Jedi Luke though... :/
  • Options
    ROTJ Luke
    BentWookie wrote: »
    I want "Naboo Spy Luke" in his groundhog disguise.

70jmdl.jpg

I will settle for any Jedi Luke though... :/

Lol
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Options
    ROTJ Luke
    While I prefer return of the Jedi, I would like to see the grand master Luke as well. Some of us grew up watching the original Star Wars and would love to see the new version. As some of us also grew up on old Star Wars lets get slave outfit leia too...
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    ROTJ Luke
    I'd like to see general kenobi asap
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options

+1
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    ROTJ Luke
    Black is so trimming.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

@clawsofhonor you should really be happy that DIsney cut out all of the expanded universe, because a lot of it was garbage and sifting through it would be problematic, so cutting it all away was the best thing to do. However, I wouldn't count out anything now part of the Legends universe. There is good money to be made off of it, so I wouldn't count it out!
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • clawsofhonor
    370 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Harmonica Have you actually read any of the eu? The Courtship of Princess Leia.... The dark horse comics.....The Thrawn trilogy.... The Yuuzahn Vong saga....The Jedi Academy trilogy??? Are you kidding me??? I understand why disney didn't use any of the eu in the new movies, as they would have had to buy the individual book rights from the individual writers, however declaring it all non cannon instead of simply making new stories based around the existing book and comic cannon was just petty and cheap, especially given disneys vast financial war chest

Btw, if I am not mistaken the first mention of and appearance of nightsisters was in the Courtship of Princess Leia. Therefore the Nightsisters are not cannon
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    ROTJ Luke
    Harmonica Have you actually read any of the eu? The Courtship of Princess Leia.... The dark horse comics.....The Thrawn trilogy.... The Yuuzahn Vong saga....The Jedi Academy trilogy??? Are you kidding me??? I understand why disney didn't use any of the eu in the new movies, as they would have had to buy the individual book rights from the individual writers, however declaring it all non cannon instead of simply making new stories based around the existing book and comic cannon was just petty and cheap, especially given disneys vast financial war chest

Disclaimer: I love the EU. Except for the last book where all the main characters decide it's time to retire. That book was awful...

That being said, Disney's decision to scrap the EU had nothing to do with that. Disney owns the rights to all things Star Wars, including the books. They don't need permission to do anything; hence why they were removed from canon. The authors were granted licensing permission to write the books, but have no actual say over how their material is used by the licenser.

The sole reason why Disney scrapped the EU is because much of it was a jumbled mess with poor continuity. It didn't really start to become more organized until the last 10 years. As a result the more recent books began slowly retconning parts of earlier books in order to fit into the uber plot of LA. To avoid having to work around that and the fact that as a result of nearly every moment of the 45 years following ROTJ being written about, Disney scrapped it.

That being said, I really wish they'd done a better job of doing it. I don't think everything needed to be scrapped; especially the Thrawn trilogy and some of the stories immediately following Endor. I also think they could've at least kept the characters (such as the Solo children, Corran Horn, Kyp Durron, Kyle Katarn, Saba, etc) and molded them into the new story. And I do think the Vong War would've made an awesome series of movies or tv series, but meh....
  • Options
    ROTJ Luke
    Jedi like.. Duh..
  • Options
    I think I would cough up cold hard cash for Grand Master luke, tfa.
    Here take my $4.99.!! Lol
  • Options
    Fair enough I don't know everything about licensing. However, if what you say is the actual reasons, the only thing that changes is instead of disney being cheap, they are instead lazy. Either way, as you said, and I agree, there was a very large number of quality eu stories that should not have been scrapped.
  • Options
    2 live crew luke
  • Options

Btw, if I am not mistaken the first mention of and appearance of nightsisters was in the Courtship of Princess Leia. Therefore the Nightsisters are not cannon

@clawsofhonor I have read just about everything Star Wars related. However, my youth and the standards I had back then are long gone. While I have great memories of reading far more than anyone should ever read on Star Wars, I won't pretend that it was actually good. There are some great books here and there, but a lot of it is terrible fiction on par with fan fiction junk like Twilight.

Also, The Jedi Academy trilogy is just horrible and I don't know how anyone can consider Kevin J. Anderson a quality author. The Dark Horse comics ranged as well. The Thrawn trilogy is a classic and I definitely consider it vitally important in the history of Star Wars. The New Jedi Order books were mostly junk, but had some shining moments in it and just felt epic overall.

However, the new canon stuff is getting reviewed poorly as well. Not sure if I am going to read it.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    ROTJ Luke
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • clawsofhonor
    370 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Well your negative reviews are thankfully part of the vast minority, as even the academy trilogy books were bestsellers. As for the new cannon content, disney better step its game up big time, as even though I watched FA, it was practically nothing more than a politically correct regurgitation of the original Star Wars with a caitlyn jenner facelift, so if they DON'T step it up, I won't be supporting any non-eu content in the future
  • Options
    ROTJ Luke
    slave_luke_by_mathieugeekboy-d8d8x6r.jpg
    This Luke.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi Knight on Tatooine luke, he can attack with the bone in the Rancor pit and force choke a ****.