Player compensation over mods

13Next

Replies

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    I want compensation for not farming jawas. Everyone that farmed jawas earned speed mods and I didn’t. Gimme gimme gimme

Speed mods huh ?

You should educate yourself on the game before coming to trash other peoples opinions on such game
  • Options
    I think they can compensate by making jawas required for a C3p0 legendary event.

Oh man, I could see a requirement for hero's journey for Return of Jedi Luke being C3P0, CLS, Bounty Hunter Impersonator Leia, Hutt Guard Lando and thawed-carbonite Han... with the later 3 being marquees.
  • Options
    But should we have a hero's journey series to take Raid Han to Carbonite Han and then to Thawed-Carbonite Han or Hibernation-Sickness Han?
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Yes the location will be the trash compactor.
  • Options
    See a lot of comments saying I get CD mods and that’s compensation enough, these people need to learn to read as I clearly said I haven’t finished jawas. Pretty **** that the focus is jawas when how many have spent countless cantina energy on mods, payed crystals for cantina energy to get mods and now it’s handed to the new players for new energy. All those characters that coulda been focused on if I knew mods would just get handed to players for being ignorant and not using them.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Masterme21 wrote: »
    See a lot of comments saying I get CD mods and that’s compensation enough, these people need to learn to read as I clearly said I haven’t finished jawas. Pretty **** that the focus is jawas when how many have spent countless cantina energy on mods, payed crystals for cantina energy to get mods and now it’s handed to the new players for new energy. All those characters that coulda been focused on if I knew mods would just get handed to players for being ignorant and not using them.

Players aren't being handed mods. They are being given a tiny trickle of energy they can use to farm mods. It will still take months, and months, and months of farming to pick a few good mods out of the 99.99% garbage that drops.

I've invested huge amounts of in game resources to mods, and if I had known from the beginning this change was coming I'd do the same exact thing all over again. The game is totally unplayable in any meaningful way without mods, and the advantage they give is a no brainer. And anyone who hasn't farmed them to this point has ruined themselves.

If (as a for instance) two players started a year ago, and one farmed some mods, and the other didn't then the player who farmed mods has such a massive, insurmountable advantage that his non-mod farming contemporary has no chance to ever catch up. Raids are miserable/impossible without mods. You will be dead last in arena without mods meaning the guy with mods has harvested thousands more crystals. In fact the guy who has mods probably has more characters too, because he has had extra resources to spend from being superior in every possible game mode. (I for instance have every single cantina toon at 7* as a F2P player BECAUSE I farmed lots of good mods, and I've been playing a long time.) And the guy with no mods has played so horribly that unless he spends thousands and thousands of dollars to catch up his account is ruined, and he's better off deleting it, and starting from scratch against people who don't have a year head start on mods.

So no. Nobody who has played the game correctly needs compensation for the massive advantage they have over maybe a few horrible players who made bad decisions that have crippled their accounts. This complaint is absurd. No. Just no.
  • Options

Actually, the new energy part of this could hurt some new players since it will no longer reward cantina tokens. If they can afford 3 cantina refreshes per day and split their energy between cantina toons and mods, or if they put it all into mods, their cantina token income will be much lower. That means they're slower to get early-game toons like Chopper, Boba, and First Order Officer... At least they won't need Jawa Scavenger anymore ;)

As the person above me said, you need to farm mods to do decently at all in this game, so it's not like sinking cantina energy into mods was a waste. And seriously, farming a character from cantina is the fast part in this game. You have to gear them, and yes, you have to mod them. Do you really wish you had a bunch of 7* G1 L1 toons lying around that you don't have the means to equip?
  • Options

Actually, the new energy part of this could hurt some new players since it will no longer reward cantina tokens. If they can afford 3 cantina refreshes per day and split their energy between cantina toons and mods, or if they put it all into mods, their cantina token income will be much lower. That means they're slower to get early-game toons like Chopper, Boba, and First Order Officer... At least they won't need Jawa Scavenger anymore ;)

As the person above me said, you need to farm mods to do decently at all in this game, so it's not like sinking cantina energy into mods was a waste. And seriously, farming a character from cantina is the fast part in this game. You have to gear them, and yes, you have to mod them. Do you really wish you had a bunch of 7* G1 L1 toons lying around that you don't have the means to equip?

No, assuming it recharges as fast as normal cantina energy, and assuming u do 3 cantina refreshes a day right now and continue to do so, this new energy makes it as if u are doing 4 cantina refreshes a day, with one refresh dedicated to mod farming. It's free energy - how can it hurt new players?
  • Options

No, assuming it recharges as fast as normal cantina energy, and assuming u do 3 cantina refreshes a day right now and continue to do so, this new energy makes it as if u are doing 4 cantina refreshes a day, with one refresh dedicated to mod farming. It's free energy - how can it hurt new players?

As I said, if they decide to farm only mods for some period of time, they don't get very many cantina tokens. I know I had a few week-long stretches where mods were all I farmed, along with dedicating one refresh a day to them. But I guess they'll be getting enough mods from free daily energy that it won't really be an issue.
  • Options
    as a long time player, i dont even remember when i put efforts into mod challenges. and also i dont remember any struggle with jawa farming.
  • Options
    How is this thread still open
  • Options
    Compensation is silly. We got our entertainment whether we spent money or time. It’s like complaining that a pie wasn’t good enough... but you didn’t eat just one bite or piece... you ate the whole pie.... and you want your “money” back?
  • Options
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    How is this thread still open

I like to laugh at the nonsense in this thread that's why
  • EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    At this point, I'm stepping in to close the thread as we're not getting anywhere and some snarky comments are starting to pop up.
This discussion has been closed.