Seriously?!?!!? Another Marquee Toon.....

2Next

Replies

• Options
    yohann269 wrote: »
    The frustrating thing is we all have 20 marque toons in our rosters that none of us care about.
    Embo who? Bring in revan and I might spend £200 or jedi luke, maybe snoke,

Embo was big in Clone Wars, so he has a fan base.

My point is half of the fan base have never watched clone wars

I wouldnt really call them a 'FAN base' if they havent watched cw nor they dont know Embo.
  • Options
    Elendior wrote: »
    yohann269 wrote: »
    The frustrating thing is we all have 20 marque toons in our rosters that none of us care about.
    Embo who? Bring in revan and I might spend £200 or jedi luke, maybe snoke,

Embo was big in Clone Wars, so he has a fan base.

My point is half of the fan base have never watched clone wars

NOT TRUE lol.

Clone Wars has a way more huge fanbase than you think of. Just cos you havent seen it or didnt enjoy it (not sure WHAT your problem is) but I desperately have been waiting for embo.

Clone Wars probably is the best thing to watch about Star Wars as for now. I prefer watching this than the new boring movies. SNOKE is a poopface no one wants. Who the **** is he? HE doenst have any story about him, gets killed by Darth Emo and really did nothing crazy.

Revan needs to be implented the right way. Everyone screams for him but Revan is a complicated char. The whole community would go beserk if they didnt match all desires for Revan. Will he be dark or light or both. Will he have more dark or light powers. And many other stuff to carefully think about.

The main issue with marquee events is the farmability afterwards. There is too many stuff on hard farming nodes. (Either ships nodes or char nodes).

CG has to make money I am aware of this, so why dont take a way that benefits whales, CG AND f2p players?

Just put new toons on hard nodes (after marquee events) but swap out these hard nodes. For example put "older" chars like Baze and Nihilus into other store where you can actually farm them and take their nodes to add new marquee toons.

The whales can still burn their money. CG gets new money to do new stuff and all other players at least can farm their toons they always wanted in a shorter time. So f2p players get the feeling of progress.

For now i feel like i am stuck. Farming gear for chars and gear takes ages. At least farming Chars should be easier.

Most of us over 25 dont watch kiddies cartoons.
    Family guy maybe but star wars no thanks

Just saying, parts of the show were very violent and brutal. I’ve even heard some reviews say that the show should not really be meant for young children.

True. Its not for children at all. The creators realised that early enough and shifted the tone accordingly.
  • Options
    Unlike a lot of the marquee toons, I may get some use out of this one. At least for a bit. It's one less BH I have to farm.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    I dont understand the surprise. They told us all new toons would be released via Marquee events.

This. They tried something new with Mother Talzin and Wicket. The feedback was overwhelmingly negative. So much so that CG promised not to try anything creative like that again and would stick to Marquee Events from now on.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

The mother Talzin and wicket events were awesome. Setting the timeline so they are farmed in 2 years is where they really screwed up. Triple the shards and double the frequency of the event and it would have been welcomed.
  • Options
    Clone Wars series was hard to watch. Disjointed and largely unbelievable. One or two jedi should never be able to hold off an entire platoon of B2 battle droids; they can't possibly deflect 10+ blaster bolts at once. Most of the series was just flashy filler material that did nothing to advance the story. However, there were some good moments late in the series.

Rebels was a good animated series though.
  • Options
    I dont understand the surprise. They told us all new toons would be released via Marquee events.

This. They tried something new with Mother Talzin and Wicket. The feedback was overwhelmingly negative. So much so that CG promised not to try anything creative like that again and would stick to Marquee Events from now on.

The mother Talzin and wicket events were awesome. Setting the timeline so they are farmed in 2 years is where they really screwed up. Triple the shards and double the frequency of the event and it would have been welcomed.

I agree. I wasn't saying that I didn't like them, just that the was a lot of negative feedback. Feedback that they referenced when they said they'd stick to Marquee Events for now.
  • Options

I agree. I wasn't saying that I didn't like them, just that the was a lot of negative feedback. Feedback that they referenced when they said they'd stick to Marquee Events for now.

Same. They're still cool.

It was a tricky needle for them to thread. 2 years is a long target and asking 700 crystals a month to cut that time in half just wasn't enticing enough. If they had started at 1 year target for FTP and used 700 crystals a month to cut that time in half I think it would have been better received.

Which brings us to the challenge they faced; the zetas available once unlocked. They've always been concerned about people reaching the new "end game" goal post too soon and were probably worried that people would be getting too many zetas too quickly if the timeline was 6 months to a year. To protect the game, I get that.
  • Elendior
    129 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Most of us over 25 dont watch kiddies cartoons.
    Family guy maybe but star wars no thanks[/quote]

Well if you watch stupid Family guy i am not suprised LOL. And guess what? I am over 25 too.

And there is more depth and violence in this animated series than in any Star Wars Movie. Better watch it before you judge it. And btw check out the difference btw. a cartoon and an animated series.

Too bad most people complain about sth. they dont know about.

• Options
    I wouldnt really call them a 'FAN base' if they havent watched cw nor they dont know Embo.
    Do. Not. Gatekeep.

A fan is a fan because they love the property. Period.

That love does not need to be proven, tallied, or quantified. No love is more valid, nor less valid. There is no score card or obstacle course of, "You must consume this much media to be a True Fan," nor do you have a greater stake in the property than anyone else.

There are people who just watch and like the movies. Those people are Star Wars fans.

There are people who never really did movies past the OT, but really liked the X-Wing novels. Those people are Star Wars fans.

There are people who happen to like the same cartoon that you do. Those people are Star Wars fans.

There are people whose primary engagement with Star Wars is fan fiction, or tabletop roleplaying games, and those people are Star Wars fans.

Star Wars is big. Star Wars is huge. Nobody is exposed to all of it. Nobody loses their nerd card just because they haven't experienced a specific piece of the body of work that is important to you, personally, and you have no right to call someone's love of Star Wars into question for not experiencing any one piece.

Conversely, this also means that in a game like this, there will be a cycle, and some some characters will be a part of your experience, will be important to you, while others will not. And that's fine, too. Not everything has to be for you. Accept that some characters will be important to you, and not to others, or important to others, and not to you.

That kind of gatekeeping is just one part of the poison that's turning the Star Wars community so toxic.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Nobody is going attacking people on the streets who like the Clone Wars animated series. It’s just one guy’s opinion that it’s not real Star Wars. Who cares? I happen to think the Clone Wars is decent, but again, I don’t care about other people’s opinions.

If you are so wrapped up around someone calling you a fake fan that you feel compelled to write a tirade decrying “Star Wars gatekeepers” for “bullying” you and making the fandom “toxic”, then you need to take a step back and lighten up. We are a bunch of nerds talking about which parts of a fictional space wizard universe are better. Don’t get so offended about everyone who disagrees with you.
  • Options
    And yet, here you are decrying me for expressing an opinion you disagree with solely on the grounds that I have an emotional investment in it.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Mahbrethir wrote: »
    Yeah, I'll admit I'm kind of disappointed. There's a lot of stuff to farm now And I honestly just hate the marquee events anymore, and just auto them.

"Here, preview a well modded g12 toon that you won't be able to get for 6 months." That's.... not 'fun.' How about you just give us the toon, and add the practice battles as optional.

Edit: I'll admit that I'm looking forward to the character, I liked him in Clone Wars, but I was honestly expecting all this Kotor hype to be building towards another legendary.

It probably is. But they can't release a legendary toon a month after all the req. That would royally **** everyone off since it would be seen as a money grab. Probably will see either a darth revan or darth malak legendary for feb since that's when ds usually gets love. That gives time for those that focus to have the toons to 7 star but enough will get distracted that there will still be a panic farm when he comes. Releasing an old republic legenday now or even in a couple months would be a slap in the face to ftp and dolphins since the only way to get it would be to whale out big time.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    And yet, here you are decrying me for expressing an opinion you disagree with solely on the grounds that I have an emotional investment in it.

I’ve not contended any of the points you’ve made, so there’s no disagreement anywhere in what I said. The only assertions I’ve made are 1) that you sound emotionally distressed over this and 2) that you’re using language designed to make nerdy disagreements sound like human rights violations. Relax.
  • EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    I've removed some posts from the thread that were derailing the conversation. Let's please keep this focused on the topic at hand (marquee toons) and not gatekeeping issues of who is or isn't a Star Wars fan. Thanks!
  • Options
    Clone Wars series was hard to watch. Disjointed and largely unbelievable. One or two jedi should never be able to hold off an entire platoon of B2 battle droids; they can't possibly deflect 10+ blaster bolts at once. Most of the series was just flashy filler material that did nothing to advance the story. However, there were some good moments late in the series.

Rebels was a good animated series though.

Rebels indeed was a good addition :)

But I think 2 Jedi can keep up with 10+ B2's.

2 Jedis were even capable of deflecting 3-6 Droideka shooting at them. Never forget the power of the force.

Only the weak underestimate its power. Much to learn you have my youngling :D

Good Job @EA_Cian . Thanks for taking a look here!