Excellent GW team

deltamonkey
14 posts Member
edited March 2016
I've won 52 GWs but never has it been so easy as today. Here's what worked for me, maybe it'll work for others as well:

Barris (L) 5*
Lumi 7*
JC 7*
IG 86 7*
IG 88 7*

The difference today was Barris. I've run that team with other toons (Sid, Poggle, Poe, Talia) in her spot (Lumi as leader) but even at just 5* her impact was huge. Jedi recovered almost 1200 HP on every turn, droids 600. On top of that, having 3 characters with heals, one of which ignores immunity, made GW a breeze. No retreats, took down many level 70 / 7* / purple squads, and didn't lose a single toon until some ridiculous Dooku nonsense in the 12th node.

Bascally the Jedi were able to take hits and keep everyone alive while the droids cleaned up. Maybe work on farming this team if you are having trouble in GW...
Post edited by deltamonkey on

Replies

• vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Is JC really a must have for GW?

I am currently using:
    - sidious
    - Fotp
    - Barriss
    - Luminara
    - Chewie

But i m thinking of replacing Sidious by JC. My fotp does the same thing as your 2 droids i think.
    Also i think chewie is great as he has auto health recovrry and protects others with his taunt
  • Options

I am currently using:
    - sidious
    - Fotp
    - Barriss
    - Luminara
    - Chewie

But i m thinking of replacing Sidious by JC. My fotp does the same thing as your 2 droids i think.
    Also i think chewie is great as he has auto health recovrry and protects others with his taunt

You already have two healers so you should be ok in GW.
    If I were you I'd use Barriss as leader though, everybody recovering health at the start of their turns is very handy.
    If you're struggling with GW then using the three Jedi healers is a great option.
    Add your FOTP and any other character and they'll carry you through.

• Gin
    37 posts Member
    Options
    I have similar experiences with QGJ (L), Barriss, Lumi, GS, Sid. Works really well.
  • sid
    232 posts Member
    Options
    The difference today was Barris.
    Just reached level 69 and farming Bariss in cantina now. Looking forward to trying this out. Thanks!
  • Inggold
    74 posts Member
    Options

I am currently using:
    - sidious
    - Fotp
    - Barriss
    - Luminara
    - Chewie

Chewie is your weakest link. Sure he takes a hit and taunts once in a while, but you now have two toons swinging pool noodles.

Replacing Chewie with JC and Sid with say 86 means way more DPS, and more healing. The idea in GW is burst the opponent then coast while refreshing heals of course....your burst would be higher and heal cycle stronger.

That droid combo is working so well because the initial burst is very high - 86 assist calls, 88 cripples specials, and by the time the opponent cycles back up they are half strength and facing 3 heals to whatever damage they do. Next round, cycle alternate heal... Roll.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Jc is not required but does have a quick heal cool down (2) when leveled up.
    I run
    Lumi (l)
    JC
    Daka
    Sid
    Asajj

I run lumi heal at the start and jc in the middle and end and almost never run out of heals.
    Daka I always save for when a charater goes down.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Jc is not required but does have a quick heal cool down (2) when leveled up.
    I run
    Lumi (l)
    JC
    Daka
    Sid
    Asajj

I run lumi heal at the start and jc in the middle and end and almost never run out of heals.
    Daka I always save for when a charater goes down.

I run that but with qgj in for asajj (I make him leader which let's me start off every fight 5v4)
  • Options

I am currently using:
    - sidious
    - Fotp
    - Barriss
    - Luminara
    - Chewie

I don't think there's a reason not to farm JC if you can. Not only is he easy to farm, but he's incredibly easy to gear. Also once you rank up his heal the cool down is basically nothing.