Can’t fracture or Annihilate Dooku

When playing Defence of Dathomir I couldn’t fracture or annihilate Dooku is this WAI. Is there an easier way to beat him like NS team or something? Thanks in advance

Replies

• Options
    JTR rocks against him. Daze to stop him countering and regaining protection.

The event classes him like a raid boss, so annihilate just does 99,999 damage to his protection. Fracture is working the same way as it does in raids too, reducing Dooku's counter chance by 30%, but that still leaves him with 70% counter chance.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    I don't recall him acting like this before. Used to take 10 seconds to kill him, now it takes 10 minutes. NS still beat him down but wow, they make you work for your zetas now.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Plague didn't work for him too. It sticks but have no effect now.Some kind of Kylo thing (reduced damage from prozentual damage) i think.
  • Options
    GA_Phoenix wrote: »
    Plague didn't work for him too. It sticks but have no effect now.Some kind of Kylo thing (reduced damage from prozentual damage) i think.
    I noticed too. If he is classified as a boss it makes sense, bosses take 0.02% health damage or something like that
  • Options
    Yea I think they changed it up
  • Options
    Did with a Sith team using Vader as leader, but it took some time because of the huge HP and protection.
  • Options
    Annihilate didn't work for me either
  • Options
    I beat it with Talzin, Daka, Asajj, Thrawn, Palp. Had to daze Dooku with the event ability that Asajj has and then just attack him over and over until he finally died. Plague didn’t really do a whole lot.
  • D4ni
    10 posts Member
    Options
    I also noticed that displayed lvl of Dooku was "1"...lvl "100" maybe?
    Definitively they changed something

it took me 10min with zDN, zzEP, zader, zMaul and zThrawn (G12)
  • Options
    Just use wampa if you have her.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Her? Not it?
  • Options
    I can beat it it’s just long and tedious I ended up autoing cause it got really boring lol
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I haven't noticed anything changed using my imperial troopers. I only found out when I tried my 1st Order team, Dooku just kept gaining protection back. I gave up and switched back to my troopers. Daze and death mark from my death trooper did the job. I just left Dooku as the last toon to kill. My trooper team:
    zVeers(L) g11, shore g11, snow g11, death g11, Starck g10
  • cdhek
    61 posts Member
    Options
    After landing deathmark my troopers were doing an extra 36 damage per hit. I thought the fight was bugged at first and put it on auto. Took a minute or so to kill him.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    Dooku is tagged as a Raidboss in the Bonus Tier, and has his fully upgraded Leader ability enabled. However it's been this way for some time. I'm not sure why people seem to be noticing this now. Any strategy which works to defeat a fully upgraded Dooku in arena should be valid here except instant-kill and Dots (due to Raidboss tag).

• Options
    Incredibly easy and quick if you daze him... If you don't daze, and just let him keep countering and gaining protection back, you'll probably be annoyed.
  • Options
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    Dooku is tagged as a Raidboss in the Bonus Tier, and has his fully upgraded Leader ability enabled. However it's been this way for some time. I'm not sure why people seem to be noticing this now. Any strategy which works to defeat a fully upgraded Dooku in arena should be valid here except instant-kill and Dots (due to Raidboss tag).

Interestingly, Answers HQ are telling people the difficulty has been increased: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Defense-of-Dathomir-Dooku-Bug/td-p/6990584
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    GA_Phoenix wrote: »

Not quite right. I killed him with a low gear NS team with no leader abilities zetaed. You need to stack plague high. Under MT lead use special abilities as often as possible to stack that plague. Yes, it won't do the huge amounts of damage, you're used to see, but that's what killed him in the end for me (on my alt).
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    I just used my zzVentress Sith raid p4 team. Literally put it on auto and walked away for a few minutes. I had no idea the difficulty was boosted until I started reading complaints.