Bug in p3 sith raid

3hpdghnnluub.jpg
My han didnt go first pretty much every time. Sabres all went first.

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Couldn't they have 100% tm from your previous attempt?
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

As far as I’m aware, that shouldn’t matter. Han’s ability should make him first no matter what.
  • Options
    It has to do with how Raid Han has been programmed, this isn't the only area where he hasn't shot first.
  • Options
    He starts the encounter with 100% TM. If the sabers had 100% TM from the last battle then RNG decides who goes first.
  • Options

As far as I’m aware, that shouldn’t matter. Han’s ability should make him first no matter what.

Apparently RHan gets 100% TM at start of the battle - thats why with 2 rhans the fastest goes first and can stun the other rhan. If any other character got 100% TM he can also act before him (matters on speed, or rng).
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Nope. Happened to me in other instances as well (like transiting from one wave to the next), if someone else has 100% tm, it's the same old dice roll.
  • Options
    I understand the RNG roll with other Hans, but then it really shouldn’t be called Shoots First if anybody (besides other Hans) can beat him to it. I was always under the impression that idea was that Han shoots first as a bonus turn, regardless.
  • Options
    I mean, why call it a “bonus turn” then? Otherwise it’s just a toon starting with 100%TM.
  • Options
    I mean, why call it a “bonus turn” then? Otherwise it’s just a toon starting with 100%TM.

That's how he gets the bonus turn.
  • KausDebonair
    1293 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

That's how he gets the bonus turn.

I understand the mechanics but that defeats the purpose of a bonus turn, not to mention defeats the spirit of the ability. A bonus turn implies that it’s a turn that takes place outside of the normal TM mechanics.

When CLS uses Call to Action, it says “gains 100%TM” and not “takes a bonus turn.” GMY’s Masterstroke says bonus turn, and I’ve never seen that turn not happen immediately. Although I am aware that could just be confirmation bias from my experience.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    The other posters have correctly described how Han's ability works. It's been pretty well documented that other characters at 100% tm can potentially go before Han.

On a side note - Chex Mix should be the first squad you send into Sith Raid p3 (at least on Heroic). The relative timing of the speeds is optimized for the sabers and Traya starting at 0% turn meter.
  • Options
    I understand the mechanics.

I’m arguing the concept of the ability. The fact that somebody could go before Han’s Shoots First ability betrays the concept.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I’m arguing the concept of the ability. The fact that somebody could go before Han’s Shoots First ability betrays the concept.

The statment of the ability is that he gets a bonus turn. This is a free 100% TM. There is nothing in the description of how the ability works that would make him go first.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

The statment of the ability is that he gets a bonus turn. This is a free 100% TM. There is nothing in the description of how the ability works that would make him go first.

I respectfully disagree, the wording of the ability heavily implies that Han should shoot first. What draws me to this conclusion? 'Shoots First'...

As mentioned above there are situations where characters can immediately take another turn, eg GMY - that ability doesn't give 100% TM, it gives an immediate turn. It's clearly possible for the devs to code this, but I suspect that this and other abilities (eg GAT's TM swap) were designed before TM mechanics like we have with zPalp were a thing so the devs didn't have to worry about multiple characters reaching 100% at the same time.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • KausDebonair
    1293 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    What FailingCrab said.

“Shoots First.”

Like I said, I’m aware of the TM mechanics.

But with GMY, it’s an immediate bonus turn, I’ve never seen it happen otherwise. Yoda hits with Masterstroke, goes immediately again. Other toons that get 100% TM after an ability (like Call to Action), the ability description says “gains 100%TM,” and not a bonus turn.

The *concept* of the ability is that Han shoots first, not that it’s left up to RNG to decide if Shoots First is actually Shoots Second (or third, or fourth), which is what other abilities that have the description of “gains 100%TM” do. “Bonus turn” implies that it’s a turn outside the normal TM mechanics, as indicated by other 100%TM gain abilities that don’t specifically say Bonus Turn.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    I agree that I think Han *should* shoot first, regardless of other characters' TM bar statuses. I believe the wording of the ability is unclear as to what it actually does. Minimally they should update the ability description to say that at the beginning of each battle, Han gains 100% turn meter.
  • Options

I respectfully disagree, the wording of the ability heavily implies that Han should shoot first. What draws me to this conclusion? 'Shoots First'...

As mentioned above there are situations where characters can immediately take another turn, eg GMY - that ability doesn't give 100% TM, it gives an immediate turn. It's clearly possible for the devs to code this, but I suspect that this and other abilities (eg GAT's TM swap) were designed before TM mechanics like we have with zPalp were a thing so the devs didn't have to worry about multiple characters reaching 100% at the same time.

Yoda does get 100% TM, look at the TM bar after using his AoE, it fills back up.
  • Options

It is literally called "Shoots First"
    I really don't know how you missed that.
  • Options

Yoda does get 100% TM, look at the TM bar after using his AoE, it fills back up.

I know Yoda gets 100%TM, but it’s not subject to the RNG roll to compete with others at 100%. The ability reads “gains an immediate bonus turn,” which is what he does. Other similar abilities specify that the toon gains 100%TM (Call to Action) that are subject to the RNG roll. Han’s ability reads “takes a bonus turn,” thus it should make it act like GMY’s bonus turn. Otherwise it would state “Han starts with 100% turn meter.”

All that aside, it’s called Shoots First, not “Possibly Shoots First.” It’s pretty clear what the intention was supposed to be.
  • Options
    They fixed the issue with Thrawn’s TM swap mechanic. They can figure this one out, too, or at the very least provide clarity.