Drop Superstitions?

So I never use the Find function for shard or item farming. I have had pretty decent luck in terms of getting shards and items I need. My fear is that if I use the Find button, my drop rate might change because the game knows I'm looking for that in particular, so less likely to give it to me.

Do you have any drop superstitions?

Replies

• zerizut
    425 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, just the other way around. For realzingtons!
  • Options
    From what I have found you are correct. I have found that if I'm looking for something the drop rates decrease. I have tried this a few time with a few different materials. I spend 120 energy and search for purple items I usually end up with 2 drops with the energy spent. I will then back out and go to the board, doing this I get around 6 per 120 energy.
    Now it could be just random luck, but I have noticed this time and time again. The worst ones being the purple tenacity materials. Find button I average 0, going to the board I average 8. I have ran this one 6 times with the same results.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    MosDefJeff wrote: »
    So I never use the Find function for shard or item farming. I have had pretty decent luck in terms of getting shards and items I need. My fear is that if I use the Find button, my drop rate might change because the game knows I'm looking for that in particular, so less likely to give it to me.

Do you have any drop superstitions?

I totally do this and I will keep doing this.
  • SaintEaters
    412 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I don't really do it often but I kinda feel the same way. I'm not sure if it is real or just a placebo effect though.
  • Options
    I find the drop rate is about 50% better if I do the battle manually instead of simming or autoing it. That could just be me, tho. If anyone else wants to test it and share their results, that would be awesome. Sample size should be at least 500 battles but preferably more.
  • Options
    Placebo. 1st time I tried it, got that elusive drop twice in a row. After a few days of tracking? Same as always, some days are good, better, best and some days are bad, worse, worst.

If you wanna fill your home with rabbit feet, change course when a cat crosses or just cross your fingers so hard they fracture, go on and do it.

For me, not worth the extra trouble.