Rework: Cad Bane

2Next

Replies

  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Yeah sorry have my BH TD team with Boba lead is modded for potency so they have 50-70% base. So was adding that to Cads leader. Sorry.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Stungun
    Double tap (crit crit)
    Stungun
    Dengar or bossk calling assist
    Stungun
    Counter
    Stungun....

    Thats super annoying stun machine

    Hmmm.. sounds like palp. I wonder how many shots Greedo will get off with that potency buff?
  • JacenRoe
    2865 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    So some BH can have over 160% potency under him. How high does it need to be to overcome Bastila?

    Regardless he will be ok under an Embo or Boba lead. Unevadable stun that can reset often might be good. At least he is somewhat viable now.

    Edit: Just looked at Aurra. Could make a stun team under a Cad lead now? Not sure how useful that is, but could be done.

    As Bastilla only gives +150% tenacity, not only does 160% potency cancel it out, it gives a 10% boost to boot.

    Edit: Don't see your 160%, but he gives 100% potency and removes 50% tenacity, which cancels out all of Bastila bonus.

    He gives 100% potency, and Bastila gives 150% tenacity, so he would be in the hole by 50%. The other -50% tenacity only comes with the payout after sticking 20 debuffs. That will be difficult with the extra tenacity to overcome. Also Yoda throws out foresight, and tenacity up (9999% tenacity I believe) quite frequently.

    Also the Jedi team is faster naturally, has a free TM boost to start the match, and gets a big offense boost. All mods being equal, the Jedi will go first WAAAAAAAY before any of the Bounty Hunters. Especially Cad Bane (aka Lead Shoes McGee). The Yodas+Ezra would likely kill someone, and Old Ben will ability block/TM reduce/offense down the whole team. Then some Jedi would start 2nd turns before the Bounty Hunters even get a first move.

    In other words, Cad Bane is trash in arena. Might be OK to fill out other BH leader teams in other game modes.
  • I can see him in a good mop up team in TW. Or just part of bounty hunter B team on offense.
  • I think he just needs a zeta on his unique. There's so much that they could add to when he scores critical hits. I hope they add one before the release the update.
  • I will enjoy using him on the GW table with Bossk, Embo, and Aurra
  • Boo! Cad is the best bounty hunter in the clone wars era and is one of the best villains from the clone wars tv series! You think they’d at least give him a new special ability or update his unique a bit to make him faster like Vader. Even his leader ability is useless, and cad lead several bounty hunter teams with great success, breaking ziro the hutt our of prison by ransoming the senate, and capturing chancellor palpatine, a plan that only failed because of some trickery by dooku and obi was being on the inside (it would have failed regardless, because palps could have killed him in a second but the point still stands).
    Yet, we still can’t see this guy succeed in the game. They made greedo at least have a decent niche in phase 3, and the same goes with aurra. Cad basically went from being just plain trash to being kind of ok for a beginner player (also they changed his appearance which is kinda cool I guess). I hope CG can realize they made a mistake and work on him again in the future, but I highly doubt that would happen. The only other thing that could make up for this is a grievous rework (hint hint) or jango fett.
  • In all fairness, even with all the complaints, the accuracy down debuff is super rad. Put it on Palp, vadar, or scion... its funny. They miss everyone with thier AOE.

    Cad would be op if-
    1. Higher base speed, ir more turn meter gain. Maybe start the match like raid han with a shoot first thingy.
    2. Make his leader ability apply to all scoundrels like it used too, and put the old leader abilities back in the mix with the new ones.

    Two simple fixes, will make him a beast.
    The accuracy down is still legit though.
  • Dat speed tho.

    I'm really glad he got the pass - I don't have any complaints about what was done since he's a freebie toon anyways. But at his speed it's not really worth gearing him more even for a mop-up team.

    He really needs a small boost to speed.... or some way to taunt to take advantage of the dodge/TD's
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Only one criticism about the rework, is it possible to give Cad Bane's blasters the distinctive sound from his blasters in the Clone Wars show. Keep Thrawn's blaster distinctive sound
  • I wish cad bane had a second special and a zeta on his unique like this: Take an extra turn at the beginning of every encounter where he can only use his second special. New special: Place thermal detonators on all enemies that explode after 1 turn. If the enemy resists this thermal detonator remove 20% turn meter which cannot be resisted.
    This would help out the bounty hunters in the arena a whole lot, which I would love.
  • NikWolver wrote: »
    IE4TAPPL3S wrote: »
    Are they serious? We're taking about CAD BANE. The blue ex smoker from the anti cigarette commercials who took on two jedi masters at the same time, and came out a free alien. He freaking trained boba fett. Do the devs know who Cad Bane is? He's more powerful than any of the **** bounty hunters they have in the game. This is disappointing. #notmycadbane Lately, I've been upset with many of their choices. Someone from my guild quit GOH today.

    Frankly Embo is more powerful and only second to Cad because Cad is cunning and Embo has some sort of an honor code that sometimes makes him miss on things. Hell even Bossk is more "powerful" than cad bane. Being a bounty hunter is not about power. The thing is that speed advantage they gave to bossk they should have given to cad. Because that's what cad is. He is fast effective and thinks on his feet

    Sure but what would happen to bosk
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Not good enough for acolyte
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • sk9ji2cq7hya.gif
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    He can actually put out pretty good damage now.

    I tested him under Qira lead and because of his double attack he procs her Insult to Injury unique a bunch and helps het her prepared. Mabe not the best BH but hes a respectable damage dealer now.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    He can actually put out pretty good damage now.

    I tested him under Qira lead and because of his double attack he procs her Insult to Injury unique a bunch and helps het her prepared. Mabe not the best BH but hes a respectable damage dealer now.

    that fact made me die once
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • I think there may be some more to this rework than most have thought. With Qi'ra becoming farmable recently, i decided to see what works well under her lead ability. When i saw Cad Bane's rework, i initially thought it was average. not great not bad, just made him playable and he could survive longer. But after I looked at the synergy between Qi'ra and Cad Bane, it was surpising. Cad Bane gains a lot more survivability under Qi'ra! he'll crit all the time under her lead (his 30% from unique + 20% from Qi'ra lead + mods/base crit chance). He lands debuffs now and that gives him more survival ability with his unique. Qi'ra turns this rather slow bounty hunter into a pretty fast one for this one simple reason.....he's a support character. Unlike a majority of other bounty hunters who are attackers, Cad Bane is unique in that he is a support. So under Qi'ra lead, every time he crits he's gaining +20 speed which will stack up to +60 speed, giving him a speed of 185 before mods. Pretty fast! The synergy between Qi'ras Joint Operation SA and Cad Bane is really good to, making the good effects in that attack benefit both Qi'ra and Cad.

    There is something to this rework, it just isn't obvious. I'm sure there are some other cool combos and syenrgies out there, so it'll be fun to see what people come up with. This is just one of the ideas i discovered so i thought i'd share it with you all.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    obikenobi1 wrote: »
    I think there may be some more to this rework than most have thought. With Qi'ra becoming farmable recently, i decided to see what works well under her lead ability. When i saw Cad Bane's rework, i initially thought it was average. not great not bad, just made him playable and he could survive longer. But after I looked at the synergy between Qi'ra and Cad Bane, it was surpising. Cad Bane gains a lot more survivability under Qi'ra! he'll crit all the time under her lead (his 30% from unique + 20% from Qi'ra lead + mods/base crit chance). He lands debuffs now and that gives him more survival ability with his unique. Qi'ra turns this rather slow bounty hunter into a pretty fast one for this one simple reason.....he's a support character. Unlike a majority of other bounty hunters who are attackers, Cad Bane is unique in that he is a support. So under Qi'ra lead, every time he crits he's gaining +20 speed which will stack up to +60 speed, giving him a speed of 185 before mods. Pretty fast! The synergy between Qi'ras Joint Operation SA and Cad Bane is really good to, making the good effects in that attack benefit both Qi'ra and Cad.

    There is something to this rework, it just isn't obvious. I'm sure there are some other cool combos and syenrgies out there, so it'll be fun to see what people come up with. This is just one of the ideas i discovered so i thought i'd share it with you all.

    Agree. He procs her prepared a lot too. Ive been testing Qira Vandor Zalbar Young Han and Cad for the last week. A light side scoundrel would be better, but he works pretty well and does a lot of damage.
  • Gannon
    1473 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    obikenobi1 wrote: »
    I think there may be some more to this rework than most have thought. With Qi'ra becoming farmable recently, i decided to see what works well under her lead ability. When i saw Cad Bane's rework, i initially thought it was average. not great not bad, just made him playable and he could survive longer. But after I looked at the synergy between Qi'ra and Cad Bane, it was surpising. Cad Bane gains a lot more survivability under Qi'ra! he'll crit all the time under her lead (his 30% from unique + 20% from Qi'ra lead + mods/base crit chance). He lands debuffs now and that gives him more survival ability with his unique. Qi'ra turns this rather slow bounty hunter into a pretty fast one for this one simple reason.....he's a support character. Unlike a majority of other bounty hunters who are attackers, Cad Bane is unique in that he is a support. So under Qi'ra lead, every time he crits he's gaining +20 speed which will stack up to +60 speed, giving him a speed of 185 before mods. Pretty fast! The synergy between Qi'ras Joint Operation SA and Cad Bane is really good to, making the good effects in that attack benefit both Qi'ra and Cad.

    There is something to this rework, it just isn't obvious. I'm sure there are some other cool combos and syenrgies out there, so it'll be fun to see what people come up with. This is just one of the ideas i discovered so i thought i'd share it with you all.

    Agree. He procs her prepared a lot too. Ive been testing Qira Vandor Zalbar Young Han and Cad for the last week. A light side scoundrel would be better, but he works pretty well and does a lot of damage.

    Qira lead for him is ok, but no contract. I actually used him as lead with zam, jawa engineer, jawa scav, and nebit for a pretty amusing bomb line in Tw.
    in the low tier str i use bossk lead, cad, zam, jawa engineer, and jawa scavenger. same result, bombs for days.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Tier IV, p2. No full contract or zeta or crit damage mods. Looking pretty good actually. Wont let me post the screen for some reason but he did as much damage as Greedo and Embo.

    bapnrb7ecg13.png
    Post edited by VonZant on
  • Gannon
    1473 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Tier IV, p2. No full contract or zeta or crit damage mods. Looking pretty good actually. Wont let me post the screen for some reason but he did as much damage as Greedo and Embo.

    bapnrb7ecg13.png

    Gotcha beat. He's better in p1. This is also tier 4c261h4kvdx5r.jpeg
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Nice. Looks like he is intended as a raid Damage dealer. Fine by me. Positive rework.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    So some BH can have over 160% potency under him. How high does it need to be to overcome Bastila?

    Regardless he will be ok under an Embo or Boba lead. Unevadable stun that can reset often might be good. At least he is somewhat viable now.

    Edit: Just looked at Aurra. Could make a stun team under a Cad lead now? Not sure how useful that is, but could be done.

    That's plenty high enough.
  • Hola buenas como se como ponerme en contacto co @ cg_leviathan escribo aki me an blokeado la cuenta de swgoh y kisiera saber como recuperarla
  • EA_Joz
    1017 posts EA Moderator
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

    Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127295/forum-guidelines

    ~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.