42 posts SWGOH Dev Team
edited August 2018
UNIT NAME: Cad Bane
ALIGNMENT: Dark
CATEGORIES: Bounty Hunter, Scoundrel, Support

*UPDATED TEXT SHOW IN GREEN*

ABILITIES:

Basic: GUN SLINGER

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 65% chance to attack again. Inflict Accuracy Down on target enemy for 2 turns. Cad Bane gains 15% Turn Meter for each Critical Hit.

Special 1: STUN GUN (Cooldown 3)

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy, dispel all buffs on them and Stun them for 1 turn. In addition, remove 50% Turn Meter, doubled against Jedi enemies. If the target is debuffed, remove 25% of their Max Protection (stacking). This attack can't be Evaded.

Unique 1: FOR THE RIGHT PRICE

FINAL TEXT: Cad Bane has +30% Critical Chance and +30% Critical Damage. When Cad Bane inflicts a debuff, he recovers 5% Max Health and 5% Max Protection. When Cad Bane scores a Critical Hit, he has a 50% chance to reduce his cooldowns by 1.

Leader: CAD BANE, AT YOUR SERVICE

FINAL TEXT: Bounty Hunter allies have +100% Potency and gain Advantage for 2 turns when they inflict a debuff. When Cad Bane is in the Leader slot, and not the Ally slot, the following Contract is active:

Contract: Inflict 20 debuffs (Only Bounty Hunter allies can contribute to the Contract.)

Reward: All enemies have -50% Tenacity for rest of the battle. All Bounty Hunter allies have their Payouts activated.

Contract: CAD BANE'S PAYOUT

FINAL TEXT: Whenever Cad Bane receives Rewards from a Contract, he also gains the following Payout. (Contracts are granted by certain Bounty Hunter Leader Abilities.)

Payout: Cad Bane has +25% Evasion. Inflict Thermal Detonator for 2 turns on attacking enemy when Cad Bane Evades, which can't be Evaded.

GAME CHANGERS

AhnaldT101
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWRVydBnATE

MobileGamer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvc5HhjkuVU

Going Nerdy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKy4FCW5jmg&feature=youtu.be

Aramor (Russian):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjRQXA_wCSg

Lolindir (Spanish):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LugRTGVB7ME&feature=youtu.be
Post edited by CG_Leviathan on

Replies

• Looking not so good
  • Poor cad. At least they touched em up.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Yeah this looks like a garbage rework. Cad stays on the bench.
  • Maybe something there with his stuns and Tm removal. Kind of like a loop until everyone is stunned. Maybe.
  • I was hoping he’d be better.
  • Dang, I would have loved his previous leader ability with his new kit. Evasion unique plus evasion lead plus accuracy down would have been fun.
  • ouch.
    Hodor
  • Hmmmmm....not sure if this makes him better.
  • if this rework better makes him the future will show...
  • He looks fun against Bastilla. Excessive potency, dispell, tenacity down for enemies. Seems to counter the Bast zeta.
  • Looks like a solid member of the BH B squad
  • He's a little bit better but not the best Bounty Hunter in SWGOH. A team with Aurra Sing is just OK.

There's a rumour that Latts Razzi will be released on August 30th 2018.
  • He is still to slow
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Doesn't look great, but he'll be better than he was.

Can Zam Wessel please get a contract added to her kit, now? She doesn't even need a rework, but being the lone BH without the contract mechanic is kinda odd.
  • No zeta?
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Have had him at gear 11 for quite and looks like he will stay there. Hopefully I am wrong. Lived Anhalds video commentary, basically asking himself the whole way through as to why he is even using him.
  • I'm very disappointed. Oh well. I still have my health.
  • Stungun
    Double tap (crit crit)
    Stungun
    Dengar or bossk calling assist
    Stungun
    Counter
    Stungun....

Thats super annoying stun machine
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Stungun
    Double tap (crit crit)
    Stungun
    Stungun
    Counter
    Stungun....

You'll have to give him at least +100 speed to make that happen
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Stungun
    Double tap (crit crit)
    Stungun
    Stungun
    Counter
    Stungun....

Not against Treya. Debuffs don't stick.

Also not against Treya because she has huge crit avoidance as part of her lead. Way less cool down decreases.

And not against Bastilla. Her tenacity is too high, and he can't get his contract that lowers her tenacity without sticking debuffs... which he can't do because her tenacity is too high. His extra potency wasn't enough in Ahnald's vid.

Also not against Bastilla because her whole team will lap him. He's slow as dirt, and they start with a significant TM boost.

Also disappointing is that his damage didn't appear to be increased in any meaningful way. He's better, but still lackluster on a good day. Oh well. Maybe he'll get reworked again in a few years.
  • RunchGwar wrote: »
    Doesn't look great, but he'll be better than he was.

Can Zam Wessel please get a contract added to her kit, now? She doesn't even need a rework, but being the lone BH without the contract mechanic is kinda odd.

Agreed. I think the perfect payout would add Deathmark to her second special. No frills, no fuss, and boom, we have another way to build a legitimate p3 STR team with mostly bounty hunters. (Without waiting another 4-6 months to grind out Sing
  • crzydroid
    7233 posts Moderator
    Sad they got rid of the evasion lead and tm to everyone on evade. Been using him in GW, and IG-88 was able to take out a target locked Zylo on his own.

Seems like he'll be a hard counter to Bastilla teams.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    So some BH can have over 160% potency under him. How high does it need to be to overcome Bastila?

Regardless he will be ok under an Embo or Boba lead. Unevadable stun that can reset often might be good. At least he is somewhat viable now.

Edit: Just looked at Aurra. Could make a stun team under a Cad lead now? Not sure how useful that is, but could be done.
  • Killbot5000
    714 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Ig88, vandor, cad, l3, nest.

That's the only line up I can see him working well in.
  • Well I'm happy he got a rework. He isn't the game changing meta Bounty Hunter people wanted but I'm still pumped to use him more!

I just hope that @CG_Leviathan or someone on the team picks up on the forums and from videos that he needs a speed boost in a serious way. Not a big change to make to his current rework. He's one of the slowest characters in the entire game?!
  • Reminds me ppl saying vader and palp rework are trash, and they are everywhere now.
  • IE4TAPPL3S
    482 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Are they serious? We're taking about CAD BANE. The blue ex smoker from the anti cigarette commercials who took on two jedi masters at the same time, and came out a free alien. He freaking trained boba fett. Do the devs know who Cad Bane is? He's more powerful than any of the stupid bounty hunters they have in the game. This is disappointing. #notmycadbane Lately, I've been upset with many of their choices. Someone from my guild quit GOH today.
  • Slow as snail, with a thermal detonator...
    So boba(L), zam, dengar, cad
    Fifth is...
    Greedo for a dispell and TDs but squishy
    Bossk for taunt, call assist and reduce cd
    Aurra(?)
    Still need more testing
  • Still way to slow to do anything against a Bastila lead, a nice improvement but still falls way short of the mark for me
  • crzydroid
    7233 posts Moderator
    edited August 2018
    VonZant wrote: »
    So some BH can have over 160% potency under him. How high does it need to be to overcome Bastila?

Regardless he will be ok under an Embo or Boba lead. Unevadable stun that can reset often might be good. At least he is somewhat viable now.

Edit: Just looked at Aurra. Could make a stun team under a Cad lead now? Not sure how useful that is, but could be done.

As Bastilla only gives +150% tenacity, not only does 160% potency cancel it out, it gives a 10% boost to boot.

Edit: Don't see your 160%, but he gives 100% potency and removes 50% tenacity, which cancels out all of Bastila bonus.
This discussion has been closed.