Bastila Lead not working again post update?

Prev1
Has anyone else experience a completely different Arena experience today using zBastila jedi team. I'm seeing Vaders AOE land on the opening attempt and that never happened previously. I also lost my first two battles today versus opponents I cake walked yesterday. My raid Sith raid part 1 result was half what it was yesterday. The only thing that's changed is an update. I'm just curious if anyone else has found this.

Replies

• Options
    At the risk of lacking sufficient evidence to make a conclusion: Yes, I have seen a great deal of difference. I've suddenly gone from 0 debuffs sticking at the start of the battle to some debuffs sticking at the start of every battle. I assume it's either people stacking potency on vader to counter Bastilla teams, or a stealth nerf.
  • Options
    Three battles so far here, two EP lead, one JTR. Not noticing any difference. Only debuffs I saw were the irresistible exposes from JTR, and some other debuffs on a fractured GK against EP.
  • Options
    My Vader was able to land debuffs in almost all battles vs zBastilla. Prior to that update.
  • Options
    chrh2bkp1oq2.jpg

A battle i had the other day. Vader landed debuffs to all of my toons and that happened in several battles
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Some of those look like Tarkin debuffs, and he has potency up buff. Not certain but I think that guarantees they beat tenacity.
  • Options
    Ghostdogg wrote: »
    chrh2bkp1oq2.jpg

A battle i had the other day. Vader landed debuffs to all of my toons and that happened in several battles

Are you top 10? Do you have all the zetas?
  • Options
    It's Thursday. I can't explain it, and let me bust out my tinfoil hat, but offense always feels harder on Thursday - worse RNG, debuffs never stick, etc. etc. Every Thursday, almost without fail.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    On the other side of things, in my last three battles, only a DN dot at the start of his turn has stuck while protection up is around

seems fine to me, and I sincerely doubt anything broke, but no one could have enough data yet
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options
    I just went and looked and my Bastila lead has dropped to 31 overnight from top 5...the lowest it's ever dropped. I realize that doesn't mean Bastila isn't working.

That said...a 220 speed Vader went before my 275 GMY under a Bastila lead. Is that working as intended? Vader Unique adds around 72-80 speed in my matchup(80 if Vader counts himself in the equation). GMY is given 15% TM to start fight. I've only tried 1 fight, but their Vader went first and landed debuffs on my whole team. I've never seen him go before my GMY before.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    Vader counts himself twice, and Ezra and Old Ben twice.

My Vader often goes before anyone on a Bastila team, but I'm in top 100 not top 50

I also dropped a lot overnight today...
  • Options
    Lilpup wrote: »
    I just went and looked and my Bastila lead has dropped to 31 overnight from top 5...the lowest it's ever dropped. I realize that doesn't mean Bastila isn't working.

That said...a 220 speed Vader went before my 275 GMY under a Bastila lead. Is that working as intended? Vader Unique adds around 72-80 speed in my matchup(80 if Vader counts himself in the equation). GMY is given 15% TM to start fight. I've only tried 1 fight, but their Vader went first and landed debuffs on my whole team. I've never seen him go before my GMY before.

Does your team include Ezra or Old Ben? Both are rebel and Jedi so 16 extra speed each if you use them. Plus each other Jedi is 8 more. Typical team with Vader is going to include EP. Vader gets 16 for himself and another 16 for EP. Plus three more Empire or Sith for 24 more. Vader needs 324 to go before your Yoda. If you’re running Ezra or Old Ben that would give him enough speed to go first.
  • Options
    Running a nightmare team and can definitively say that she's the same. Landed a DN health down once, Vader ability blocked a few times on his basic. Never landed a shock, stun, speed down, DoT or pain in a four and a half minute match.
  • Options
    My sith raid score was also cut in half. Same raid, same phase, different day and result by an order of magnitude. Also lost arena fights that I previously won, but I didn’t track competitive stats between fights (maybe they loaded up on potency)
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options
    CamaroAMF wrote: »

Does your team include Ezra or Old Ben? Both are rebel and Jedi so 16 extra speed each if you use them. Plus each other Jedi is 8 more. Typical team with Vader is going to include EP. Vader gets 16 for himself and another 16 for EP. Plus three more Empire or Sith for 24 more. Vader needs 324 to go before your Yoda. If you’re running Ezra or Old Ben that would give him enough speed to go first.

Thank you for response. I use Bastila, GMY, Hoda, Ezra and CLS
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Presaria wrote: »
    My sith raid score was also cut in half. Same raid, same phase, different day and result by an order of magnitude. Also lost arena fights that I previously won, but I didn’t track competitive stats between fights (maybe they loaded up on potency)

Same here
  • Options
    CamaroAMF wrote: »

Thank you for response. I use Bastila, GMY, Hoda, Ezra and CLS

Yeah, with that team, assuming the opponent has Vader, EP and three other Sith/Empire, Vader is getting just enough of a bonus to go first. Bump your GMY by 1 and he should go first.
  • Options
    Thanks for responding all, lets see how we go today but i have to say something still feels different about my team post update. A real shame if its a small nerf by stealth as I only got her zeta'd a few days ago. Still I went from mid 100's to rank 14 in two days now I'm struggling to get back to 50. I can always go back to my Sith team but forked out crystals for Bastila so i could run the Jedi team i started my game with.
  • Options
    On a side note - those that are seeing the debuffs landing when not before is your Bastila less then 7 star like mine at 4 stars. Maybe there has been a nerf applied to star level.
  • Options
    There was no nerf, . .. . Bastila is working just fine. . .
  • Options
    Bastila has been nerfed several times in the last couple of updates. And yes, when folks get her to 7 stars, I think she will be as strong as she was at launch.

Bastila is still strong at 4 stars, it just isn’t the steam roll over the empire like it was at first.
  • Switcheroo
    50 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Ehm, did you guys notice that mod sets were buffed (including potency)? That's most likely it... DV and Tarkin have probably potency sets.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Presaria wrote: »
    Bastila has been nerfed several times in the last couple of updates. And yes, when folks get her to 7 stars, I think she will be as strong as she was at launch.

Bastila is still strong at 4 stars, it just isn’t the steam roll over the empire like it was at first.

link?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Switcheroo wrote: »
    Ehm, did you guys notice that mod sets were buffed (including potency)? That's most likely it... DV and Tarkin have probably potency sets.

Probably this. The potency set bonus doubled. So vaders with a potency set will likely land some debuffs while ones without one still won't.
  • DarkHelmet1138
    3884 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Tenacity sets also got the buffs so you can put one on characters to keep the debuffs from landing
    Post edited by DarkHelmet1138 on
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    When did mod chamge happen?
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    As has been pointed out, potency set bonuses increased with the late night (California time) update.

In addition, remember that Ezra and Old Ben can't resist Tarkin's debuffs, so that's four that would be there no matter what.

• Options
    From what I've seen playing in arena today, the potency increase isn't enough to land buffs on bastilla lead. At least not with just one potency set. I run ep and vader both with a speed and a potency set and have the usual nothing against bastilla until protection is gone. It's possible that two or three potency sets may be enough to overcome the tenacity but one is not.
  • Options
    Switcheroo wrote: »

I'm not seeing the buffs and the announcement seems to indicate they were rolled back.

ay1f70gwedmi.jpeg

Can you share a screenshot of where you see the buff in game?
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Well nevermind on the mods then, but I do notice Tarkin has potency up in the picture. So aside from not being resistible on the Rebels, that's a 50% potency boost. Palp lead cuts Bastila tenacity down to 65% after that. Looks like Tarkin has 43% base. So with one potency set, there's only a 12% bump from Bastila. So now they only have a 42-52% resist chance, not counting if Tarkin has a cross.

I actually only see 3/20 debuffs from Vader. That's an 85% resist rate. Even with 40% character tenacity, that means Vader has to make up 190-85=105. Palp lead knocks that down to 70. Potency set would mean Vader would only need 60% potency to hit that rate, which with a cross is more than doable. Nihilus has 58% base potency already without mods. So similar story with the health down.

To OP regarding dropping ranks: Welcome to the top 50. If you only got to 14 a few days ago, then there was maybe a little room before people sniffed out the new-comer and then figured out how to beat you. I would recommend trying to find out if your shard has an arena chat to help secure your payout time.