Why isn't there a damage counter display in the raids yet?

This should be a relatively easy feature to add right? I know some guilds if not most guilds will limit 1 mil dmg for the rancor raid. The percentages are easy to remember but it would be so much easier to just have an ongoing damage output in the top right corner of the screen so you always know where you're at. It would be an easy and welcomed feature no?

Replies

• Options
    Why limiting it to 1 mil? Just post your 0 and you're done
  • Options
    I don't know a single guild that limits damage. That's what the join period is for, or the 24hr zero damage period before it was introduced.
  • Options
    would love to see this feature, my guild limits HSR dmg during first 24 hours to let people from different time zones to get close results and be able to fight for top rewards equally, counting % dmg isn't very interesting and can be frustrating when people attack boss simultaneously and you have forgotten how much health boss had before you start another try
    934-111-319
  • Options
    I really would love to have damage counter, but not for the limits, but to know if I am going better this try than previous and should I reset before my try if over and locked :/
  • Options
    Just having an active damage counter would just be cool to have in general so you know at any given point during a raid how much you're actually doing.

And I'm sure alot of guilds limit dmg output in the PIT. I'm in a 90 mil GP guild and we still limit dmg in the PIT because there are still a few in there who haven't received their 7* Han.
  • Options
    For time zones why not just have officers rotate when you launch Heroic raids? 6-, 8- or 12-hour rotations with the same 24 hr join periods. Then, each raid, different groups will take different spots.
  • Options
    Nice idea ... but its not urgent ...
    Thats why ...

I mean to be honest ... how often peeps complain about Matchup in TW about the top sercret algorithm ... and the problem is still not solved ...

But new toons from CG coming now monthly almost weekly to keep us busy, that one will come on the idea of improving existing gameplay :neutral:
  • crzydroid
    7337 posts Moderator
    Options
    I guess I would like it to guage how good of a run I'm having in HSTR without having to remember what percent I started at.
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I don't know a single guild that limits damage. That's what the join period is for, or the 24hr zero damage period before it was introduced.

My old guild used to do a damage limit in pit raid. Coincidentally, it was 1M as well. We also had the 24-hour registration period even before the "join" functionality was introduced. The 1M limit was designed to allow those without Raid Han to place in the top 3.

However, without a damage counter, people were regularly going over the limit, anywhere from a little bit to upwards of 500K. So our guild leader started handing out raid suspensions. Sit out one raid completely (no registration), then two, then three, and so on. It made for some frustration. I never saw the point in forcing people not to register. It's like refusing free gear for the guild. It was stupid. Just one of the reasons me and a few others left.

But at least I can understand why the OP wants a damage counter.
  • Options
    Degs29 wrote: »

My old guild used to do a damage limit in pit raid. Coincidentally, it was 1M as well. We also had the 24-hour registration period even before the "join" functionality was introduced. The 1M limit was designed to allow those without Raid Han to place in the top 3.

However, without a damage counter, people were regularly going over the limit, anywhere from a little bit to upwards of 500K. So our guild leader started handing out raid suspensions. Sit out one raid completely (no registration), then two, then three, and so on. It made for some frustration. I never saw the point in forcing people not to register. It's like refusing free gear for the guild. It was ****. Just one of the reasons me and a few others left.

Having a damage limit in a raid is asking for issues and one of the worst ways to try fix rankings ,

Regardless of why, it’s not something that any guild worth a (insert preferred euphemism) does at all. There are much easier simpler ways to manage things. Why make it complicated
  • Options
    I wouldn’t mind a damage counter because I can forget what I started at and want to make sure I hit my goal not because of a maximimum limit but I would much rather give officers the ability to close a raid after a certain phase and open it back up after a set time. Example- during hSith we open right at refresh and do P1 and p2 and then wait until 4:00pm the next day to hit phases 3 and 4. It would be nice if there was a setting that shuts it down once p2 finishes and opens p3 back up at a set time.
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows them?"--Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Options
    Degs29 wrote: »

However, without a damage counter, people were regularly going over the limit, anywhere from a little bit to upwards of 500K. So our guild leader started handing out raid suspensions. Sit out one raid completely (no registration), then two, then three, and so on. It made for some frustration. I never saw the point in forcing people not to register. It's like refusing free gear for the guild. It was ****. Just one of the reasons me and a few others left.

Having a damage limit in a raid is asking for issues and one of the worst ways to try fix rankings ,

Regardless of why, it’s not something that any guild worth a (insert preferred euphemism) does at all. There are much easier simpler ways to manage things. Why make it complicated

That was my feelings exactly. Sure, there are pros and cons to having a damage limit, but overall I thought it was negative.
    At our new guild, there is no rule, and yet 80% of the guild registers 0s, and almost all the rest who have 7* Han Solo register about 250K. There are a few who break this unwritten rule, but they're less involved in the guild and are likely to be kicked soon anyway.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    I will agree a counter would be nice to gauge your run. Im not really understanding limiting damage in raids. Its a good theory but you cant just make your squad fall over and die when you hit a certain damage. You would need to build a weak squad just for those kind of runs and that would defeat the counter.
  • Ultra
    11528 posts Moderator
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    I guess I would like it to guage how good of a run I'm having in HSTR without having to remember what percent I started at.
    Yeah. I'd like a damage counter just for this reason.

• Options
    I think the only valuable place this would be of use for most guulds would be the sith raid. It would be nice to know if my jtr team is above 5m so I can know to accept and that I may contend for a top spot but overall I’d say this feature would not be used for anything other than ones own personal tracking.
  • Options
    I was quick to be dismissive of the idea as you were talking the Rancor raid OP.

But a counter would definitely be handy for HSTR.
  • Options
    A damage counter would be very useful in the sith raid.
  • Options
    My han is done and the PIT raid doesn't have much use for me anymore but my guild still requires 1 mil limit. But anyway, I would like a counter just to see how much dmg I'm doing. That's pretty much it. :)