Solution to Hard Node Farms

Prev1
I see a lot on the forum about how everybody hates the awful hard-node farms that plague the game now. Not many solutions to said problem however. Well CG have I got a solution for you!

First off, raise the daily attempts from 5 to 8. The short time that we did have 8, the hard node farms did not seem nearly as cumbersome, and a considerable more manageable.

Secondly, increase the drop rates from 1/3 chance to 1/2. There is no greater disappointment than simming five hard battles only to collect a single shard for the character that you have farmed for weeks on end. It would be so much better to get a consistent 2-4 shards a day (if you don’t increase the attempt cap).

Now this method still follows the Character release cadence, but allows FTP players such as myself a lot more ease in choosing who to farm. It eliminate a considerable amount of time from each hard node farm, while still granting the PTP players a lengthy advantage to having the character for a while before us.

I seriously hope you consider implementing these changes...we desperately need them

Replies

• Options
    OCD triggered, I say 10. Take it or leave it
  • Options
    Valid suggestion. Another alternative I've always wished they would do is just add another store... Make it so the ships table drops its own currency (much like cantina nodes) and give it a store which has a balance of some older characters + some of the new characters they release. Simple, yet effective..
  • Options
    As much as I would love to see 10, it’s not gonna happen
  • Options
    @Gama_Fox While the addition of a new store is very valid, I find it hard to see CG going back on their word and adding some of these characters to the already existing stores.
  • Options
    You guys are still catering to their AWFUL system. It takes 20 energy for some hard nodes. Why is there a limit at all? REMOVE THE LIMIT!!!!!!
  • Options
    With almost twice as many characters to farm then when they first started the game, why not make it 100% Drop Rates.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    how about increasing the energy levels? cantina, regular and ship imo. the cap has been the same forever
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Spartan549 wrote: »
    @Gama_Fox While the addition of a new store is very valid, I find it hard to see CG going back on their word and adding some of these characters to the already existing stores.

I don't expect them to add any characters to the existing stores. Creating a new store is the best of both worlds though.
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe they can do events where they bump the hard nodes to 8 for a limited time like they did prior. That would at least be better than nothing.
  • Options
    Raise energy bought from 120 to 150
  • Options
    Simplest solution would be change chance of 1 shard per attempt to 2. That would cut farm times in half.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Simplest solution would be change chance of 1 shard per attempt to 2. That would cut farm times in half.

This would be hinged on the fact that they are not happy with the pace of the game and that they want to to be 2x speed. I'm not sure that is the case.
  • Options
    I am sure that is not the case, /agree Kyno.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    Why not instead of limiting attempts cap it at 5 shards per map reset. So if you do 8 attempts and get 4 shards u can do as many more as you need to get that 5th shard. Map resets would reset the shard count back to 5 not attempts.
  • JerryHello
    206 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    They could also just standardize the cost of energy refreshes to a flat rate as opposed to one that continously doubles in cost. This way people would be able to refresh energy and hard nodes more often and have more chances to get shards from said hard nodes. Most other games similar to SWGOH have flat rates for energy refreshes, for example Final Fantasy Brave Exvius = 100 crystals, Bleach Brave Souls = 1 Ticket, and Fire Emblem Heroes = 1 Orb (If I remember correctly). They could also increase the players level cap while leaving the character cap at 85, this way the players account can slowly continue to grow and increase 1 energy per level and have Light Side & Dark Side Energy refresh instantly upon a level up. I know that I would be more willing to spend crystals on refreshing a hard node if I knew that I had to pay a flat cost for also refreshing the energy and tbh it would probably get me to buy crystals a little more often so that I could keep up more on my farming.
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    how about increasing the energy levels? cantina, regular and ship imo. the cap has been the same forever

They'll need to either increase energy levels or lower energy costs when they add mod energy. Four different energies is getting out of hand with the available amount of crystals that can be accumulated in a day.
  • Options
    I wouldn’t even mind the hard nodes if it was more than just 1 for each. FOTP/FOST/RT didn't seem that bad despite being exclusively HN farms because they had more than 1 node. I’m fine using the energy and the awful drop rates. But if you’re going to do that at the rate you are, at least give us a couple to work with.

I get ONE shard a day (I know it’s supposed to be 30%, but I get ONE) from hard nodes. That means I’m almost a year to get a toon to 7*. A YEAR!
  • Options
    Spartan549 wrote: »
    There is no greater disappointment than simming five hard battles only to collect a single shard for the character that you have farmed for weeks on end.

Except of course getting zero shards. Which happens more than it should.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Options
    Regular energy refreshes one per 6 minutes, so we get 240 per day. Additionally, we get 45 energy three times a day. So, total of 240 + 135 = 375. Say, you only do two of your refreshes for 240 more energy - 615 energy.

Currently, my farms are Bossk, NS zombie and Sion all at 20 energy. Additionally, Range trooper and vandor Chewbacca both at 60 each. 420 energy to farm five characters.

Leaves me with 195 energy to hit one again with a refresh and farm gear.

Would I like it to be easier? Honestly, I don't know. If it is easy, everyone will do it. This game really is about setting goals, making plans and following through.
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Options
    Not saying I wouldn’t love for the attempts to be even higher than 5, but it used to be worse 9uhbcjfwyfzp.jpeg
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Sunnie1978 wrote: »
    Not saying I wouldn’t love for the attempts to be even higher than 5, but it used to be worse 9uhbcjfwyfzp.jpeg

Dooku was the king xD.
  • Options
    @Kyno
    Doubling hard node farm rate doesn’t equate to doubling the rate of progression in the entire game.

I have no hope that they’ll change anything, so I have no stake in this, I’m just saying...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @Kyno
    Doubling hard node farm rate doesn’t equate to doubling the rate of progression in the entire game.

I have no hope that they’ll change anything, so I have no stake in this, I’m just saying...

The drop rate is what it is. If they dont change that, and double the amount of attempts. Statistically speaking, yes it does double the amount of items recieved in the same timespan.
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    Sunnie1978 wrote: »

Dooku was the king xD.

I remember the days of farming for Dooku right around the time Old Ben and Dooku lead were king in the arena. Good times, haha.
  • Options
    Id like to see the gear on a lot of the new character hard node farms at least be updated to things people actually need.
  • Options
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    I wouldn’t even mind the hard nodes if it was more than just 1 for each. FOTP/FOST/RT didn't seem that bad despite being exclusively HN farms because they had more than 1 node. I’m fine using the energy and the awful drop rates. But if you’re going to do that at the rate you are, at least give us a couple to work with.

I get ONE shard a day (I know it’s supposed to be 30%, but I get ONE) from hard nodes. That means I’m almost a year to get a toon to 7*. A YEAR!

This. It is maddening to get 1 shard a day, and all too frequently 0 shards. It's also why I have 0 excitement for marquee events. I'll get excited about the toons in 1 year when I finally have it 7* and therefore usable in end game content. As you said the terrible drop rates were fine when you had 3+ nodes to farm, 1 20 energy node is a different ballgame. (Also what is the deal with how when you get within 5 shards of starring up a toon it seems like the drop rate chance goes into the single digits?)

I honestly don't see a point in refreshing hard nodes since the few times I did I got 1 whole extra shard and that was it for 10 tries. If I had a 50/50 shot at getting a shard refreshing a node to double my tries would be worth it.

I'd also speculate that it's so demoralizing now because sith raid has been crushing souls for about 6 months now. We mightve looked the other way on the hard node farm if sith raid was actually fun. Kinda hard to ignore though when sith raid has been rubbing our faces in the mud for months.
  • Options
    YKMisfit wrote: »

This. It is maddening to get 1 shard a day, and all too frequently 0 shards. It's also why I have 0 excitement for marquee events. I'll get excited about the toons in 1 year when I finally have it 7* and therefore usable in end game content. As you said the terrible drop rates were fine when you had 3+ nodes to farm, 1 20 energy node is a different ballgame. (Also what is the deal with how when you get within 5 shards of starring up a toon it seems like the drop rate chance goes into the single digits?)

I honestly don't see a point in refreshing hard nodes since the few times I did I got 1 whole extra shard and that was it for 10 tries. If I had a 50/50 shot at getting a shard refreshing a node to double my tries would be worth it.

I'd also speculate that it's so demoralizing now because sith raid has been crushing souls for about 6 months now. We mightve looked the other way on the hard node farm if sith raid was actually fun. Kinda hard to ignore though when sith raid has been rubbing our faces in the mud for months.

I agree with the problem, but Id treat it differently. Instead of having a 30% chance which should give 1.5 shards on an average day, sometimes actually giving 1 or even 0,causing a lot of frustration, every round should give 0.3 shards, 100% of the time.
    This way, your daily 1.5 shard is guaranteed. There are no lucky 3-4 shards a day, but also no 1s or 0s.
    It also allows for a lot better planning, and does not make you get the toon faster. Its simply about user experience - which SHOULD BE a top priority for CG.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Or, just spend 50 Crystal's and do another 5 to characters who are important to you. That cuts the time in half!

5x0 = 0

Refresh 50 crystals 5x0 is 0

Refresh 100 5x0 = 0

150 crystals 0 shards.....AWESOME GAME