Speed meta, too much QGJ

Replies

• Deimos
    326 posts Member
    Options
    Fantazy wrote: »
    I'm on @Preemo_Magin arena shard. I am disappointed with my own 0 synergy team, but got fed up of going down 30 ranks with my good ol' Finn lead.

I counted the top 100 yesterday night:

45 Phasma
    17 Sid
    16 QGJ
    10 HK-47
    6 Lumi
    4 Poggle
    1 Dooku
    1 Barris

and most of those QGJ are in the top 20. Concentrated in top 10 at EST 6pm.

edit: (I see Deloril gave up his HK47 today as well for a QGJ. I bet he's swearing like me to have to do this...) :<

Hey @Fantazy ! I always wondered why you use Finn. I see you got the RG going now. Quite the pioneer :)

Keep it up!
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    I run QGJ, Yoda, Rey, Sid and Lumi. This has been my arena team since I got Yoda at 5* on day one of the event. At that time, there were zero QGJ leads in my shard in the top 50. I got that team to #1 fighting teams that were 2-3K power greater than mine. Today there are 6 QGJ leads in the top 10. At snipe time , there are usually 8.
    EF7A0395-74D0-459F-93C2-0FFABAC01F4A_zpsllxh6zgi.png

That being said, the update brought more viability to more characters than there was before. The game is in a much better spot than it was before. In the top 4, there are 13 different characters. That is actually pretty good considering the state of affairs prior to the update. I would imagine it will keep getting better too.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    Options
    SNAKEMAN wrote: »
    The only complaint I have in arena is the droid teams with Poe because it's literally a slaughter! What's the point of having healers in the game if that team just one shots everything with their special assist attacks?

I think ether they need to add an extra turn cooldown for assist attacks or your going to have to tweak their damage or buff the defense in this game.

Get just ONE char faster than Poe that calls assist, kill IG-88 and Profit. You CAN'T lose to a Droid team with a fast team. NoT a single HK-47 in my top 20.

That's what I ended up doing but that means sacrificing Phasma as leader. I had to use QGJ to call assist to kill ig88 if I left phasma as leader only sid would hit ig88 and than the poe flip. And typically the AI kills QGJ.
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    If they would only fix 88 so he has high dodge, so maybe he dies 60% of times, not 100%. The description reads that way.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    There are already pending buffs to droids incoming in the form of datamined characters. And eventually Grievous will be easier to get.
    TBH, I find the constant attention on droids overdone in this game. They are by far the least interesting characters, and yet have dominated the meta for a good percentage of the game's existence.
    I'd rather see other factions that right now are marginal or completely useless -- scoundrels, empire, tuskens, ewoks, jawa -- get more attention than more buffs for droids. They have had more than their fair share already, and nowhere is it written that they should be at the top of the PvP ranks at all times.
    Frankly, given how easy they are to get, they are more than sufficiently powerful.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    "IF you can't beat em ....I'm still not joining em !

:)
  • Deimos
    326 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    There are already pending buffs to droids incoming in the form of datamined characters. And eventually Grievous will be easier to get.
    TBH, I find the constant attention on droids overdone in this game. They are by far the least interesting characters, and yet have dominated the meta for a good percentage of the game's existence.
    I'd rather see other factions that right now are marginal or completely useless -- scoundrels, empire, tuskens, ewoks, jawa -- get more attention than more buffs for droids. They have had more than their fair share already, and nowhere is it written that they should be at the top of the PvP ranks at all times.
    Frankly, given how easy they are to get, they are more than sufficiently powerful.

Another great post by Qeltar!

The only extra attention droids deserve is removing their silly breathing animation. Mechanics wise they have abused this Star Wars game too much already.

• J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options

Yep, yep, yep.

I always think about the nightsisters.. But heck they have my fav Daka. Id like to see some Ewoks in Arena myself
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    Hey @Preemo_Magin you forgot my (Hadriel Jetberg) 5* QGJ :D
    Btw i agree with you completely. I'm working on different synergies (Ewok and NS) and want to use ylthem but it is impossible to do in this meta. Instead i use a no synergy (QGJ, Sid, Daka, Lumi, GS) team to be competitive. No fun at all :(
  • Miller
    103 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    http://imgur.com/cCSk2YW

3 droids teams from top 5. But i feel your pain bro. It's hard to navigate through all of those QGJ lead teams. I guess QGJ are not used in europe. LOL !

PS: How do you post pictures ? @BentWookie where u at
  • Options

Stay away from my beloved droids lol
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Yeah. I was just showing how droids lost it and QGJ predicted to rule for a while, now reigns. What @Fantazy shared is just how a leader ability changes the game. Not for no reason all those QGJ are top ranks. Even if the teams aren't great, they still can snipe fast an win very often. No point in bringing a Droid team if 88 will always say by even before saluting with his AoE once.

Right. Let's see which characters QGJ's leadership usually affect in the current meta. QGJ and yoda. The rest are either slower than poe, or have lousy damage/abilities. OMG QGJ leadership affects two people, it's SO GAMEBREAKING. Guess what, you can always count on dooku and lousy ai control of yoda to counter QGJ's speed.And QGJ relies a lot on the choice of assist partner and crits to deal heavy damage. If not(especially if assist partner doesn't crit), the character usually survives and dishes out a lot of damage on its turn.It's not like its unbeatable.

FFS, when people used to have Sid as lead, does it necessarily mean sid/ sid's leader ability is overpowered?Of course not. The huge presence of QGJ in arena does not necessarily mean his leader ability is OP

btw shouldnt you be glad that 88 has more than its fair share of counters? That little twerp does so much damage with poggle and his innately high crit damage... and "even if the teams aren't great," as long as 86 pulls off his aoe they can still clean up the stragglers easily
    Post edited by Zekex on
  • JohnnyMakeBelieve
    204 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Another complaining post, like most people will say I'll take that over the Poe era anyday.

QGJ still gets wrecked by Dooku, I mean, we're all in the same boat here & most of us are happy.

Would definetly be another story if QGJ was still chromium exclusive tho
  • Maskarii
    851 posts Member
    Options
    If its not

QGJ

it's maybe

SİD

or

Plasma

Or...A long time Nobody...ah Poggle
  • Heisen
    364 posts Member
    Options
    The fact that people are putting QGJ in the leader slot in non-jedi teams speaks volumes. Think about that... people are choosing to speed buff one or two characters over many other party-wide leader buffs currently available in the game. This is a testament to QGJ's power as well as the importance of speed.
    If that isn't a sign of an unhealthy lack of balance in the game, I don't know what is.
  • Options
    Wow take some ritalin or something. Game has only been out for what, a few months. The meta has changed like 6 times already. That's really good actually.
  • Mith
    15 posts Member
    Options
    Miller wrote: »

3 droids teams from top 5. But i feel your pain bro. It's hard to navigate through all of those QGJ lead teams. I guess QGJ are not used in europe. LOL !

Nice to see players from my shard. :) Have to agree with them, is quite complicate right now to stay on top 20 with a droid team. Ai is terrible, and with all those QGJ, Poogle is a problem on defense. Is quite easy to drop to rank 30 daily, even when we try to do minor changes to our squads to be competitive.

• J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    https://youtu.be/pUbXyd-fK8Q

Not that meta should reflect lore or anything. Just though I'd leave this here. :D
  • Options
    9 out of 10 on my server are QGJ, including the top 7. 12 out of the top 15 are also.
  • Options

cCSk2YW

Upload the image to a host site and use the provided link, or wrap it in standard BBCode Img tags..

j8zeag.jpg

:)
  • Miller
    103 posts Member
    Options
    Btw, i'm on the same shard as @Preemo_Magin, that's why i posted that and wanted to show that droid teams can still perform at reward time. Ofc it's harder now but still.

@BentWookie What took you so long ? Thanks anyway.
    @Mith Hi :)
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    I really thought this will b positive... Instead, sarcasm. :s
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options
    Another complaining post, like most people will say I'll take that over the Poe era anyday.

QGJ still gets wrecked by Dooku, I mean, we're all in the same boat here & most of us are happy.

Would definetly be another story if QGJ was still chromium exclusive tho

At the time I posted the forum threads where hyper boring. I don't think I am in love with high speed meta. Like I want to use Talia and other chars ...no use.
    Heisen wrote: »
    The fact that people are putting QGJ in the leader slot in non-jedi teams speaks volumes. Think about that... people are choosing to speed buff one or two characters over many other party-wide leader buffs currently available in the game. This is a testament to QGJ's power as well as the importance of speed.
    If that isn't a sign of an unhealthy lack of balance in the game, I don't know what is.

+1
    Mith wrote: »

Nice to see players from my shard. :) Have to agree with them, is quite complicate right now to stay on top 20 with a droid team. Ai is terrible, and with all those QGJ, Poogle is a problem on defense. Is quite easy to drop to rank 30 daily, even when we try to do minor changes to our squads to be competitive.

Yeah it's a roller coaster.
    Joshuar56 wrote: »
    9 out of 10 on my server are QGJ, including the top 7. 12 out of the top 15 are also.

That's how things would look. Diversity now works a bit because AI is bad overall.
    Btw, i'm on the same shard as @Preemo_Magin, that's why i posted that and wanted to show that droid teams can still perform at reward time. Ofc it's harder now but still.

@BentWookie What took you so long ? Thanks anyway.
    @Mith Hi :)

I have not be around 6pm. I found it ok Poogle led can win but was surprised to see HK. Do you know what they are using? Any GG? Or just stock Droids and Poe?

CG needs to be careful with cap lift. If QGJ extends speed to all allies he will be the only leader so may as well remove leadership completely

• Options
    I changed the title as I didn't expect anyone to be confused, but 2 where.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    The datamined info on QGJ shows his leader ability doesn't open up until the level cap is increased to 90. That's ninety, niner zero, neunzig, noventa, quatre vingt dix.

A lot can and probably will happen between now and then. I'm all about discussing possible ramifications of future changes, but come on man... At some point you gotta draw a line.

There's been plenty of evidence to indicate that what you're arguing is not a universal truth. I'm still waiting for someone to dispute my post from near the beginning of this thread. But, the simple fact is there will always be a fotm toon/squad/synergy/etc. Fotm exists in every single game I've ever played. Wanna know why? Perfect balance is impossible.
  • Options
    Fix dooku leadership!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    This is just another of many similar threads: "I built X team and it's no longer meta so buff the guys on it so it's meta again".
    Well sorry, but, no. Droids are not near the top of the "needing a buff" list. At all.
    Many of us ran other teams that were meta for a while and things changed and we have had to adjust. My current PvP team has exactly 2 of the characters that were on it the last time I had any success at all. I lived through weeks of "dark times" getting slaughtered by droid/Poe teams and struggling to stay in the top 50 on my shard.
    Heck, I made a deliberate non-meta team and stuck with it for weeks, again having little top 10 success and getting killed by boring cookie-cutter droid teams.
    These games are about change. Adapt or die.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Stevespear426
    436 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    So you're saying there's definitely none of this still happening? Oh wait that's still there too. So yeah now your team doesn't win everytime, darn might have to develop some new characters and try something new. How boring.....

24n360x.png
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Options
    My server right now

1) Liam
    2) Sid
    3) Sid
    4) Liam (me)
    5) Liam
    6) Liam
    7) Liam
    8) Liam
    9) Liam
    10) Sid
    11) Poggle
    12) Poggle
    13) Barriss
    14) Liam
    15) Sid
    16) Liam
    17) Bariss
    18) Sid
    19) Liam
    20) Phasma
    21) Solo
    22) Sid
    23) HK47
    24) Poggle
    25) Sid

(the next unique leader is 35 - Lumi, 74 - Rex, 100 - Boba)

I think this has more to do with "follow the leader" than it does with OverPowered Qui Goof