Speed meta, too much QGJ

Prev1345
Preemo_Magin
1826 posts Member
edited March 2016
I wanted to thank the folks behind the game for making everyone now auto-win by having QGJ as leader. Like some of us predicted Droids have been eradicated from top ranks, and any other thing not led by QGJ is a recipe for frustrations. Those not using QGJ lead are kind of martyrs that must be applauded though. Count the number of leaders to see what I mean...

image.png

image.png

image.png

picture uploading
Post edited by Preemo_Magin on

Replies

• J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah that's why you have Sid, Dooku and Phasma up there because it's only QGJ.
  • Options
    I see what you mean abit, i Sniped 1st place yesterday with Phasma lead, i have probaly about 5 people in top 20 with droid teams My server has 10 QGJ leaders in top 20 lol
  • Options
    Droid teams still wreck most qgj teams so not sure what youre complaining about, droid teams are crazy OP
  • Options
    I wanted to thank the folks behind the game for making everyone now auto-win by having QGJ as leader. Like some of us predicted Droids have been eradicated from top ranks, and any other thing not led by QGJ is a recipe for frustrations. Those not using QGJ lead are kind of martyrs that must be applauded though. Count the number of leaders to see what I mean...

image.png

image.png

image.png

picture uploading

Hmm I have 6 different leaders in my top 10 on a late Nov shard. I am top 5 daily often 1st and I do not run QGJ lead. QGJ led teams are not hard to beat. I have no issue with them
  • Options
    2/3 run QGJ lead, which isn't good but isn't terrible. What is terrible is the amount of non meta characters used in the top 50 vs meta characters. Pretty much the same 10-15 names again and again in predictable layouts. We are due for a big update sometime this month, so I would expect some arena changes and new characters. Hopefully we'll get an ETA or some notes/teasers soon.
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    True story. At least he was meant to be powerful by George Lucas. The Red Guard is now a star in arena. Really? Spanking Jedi and Sith alike. Darth Vader, the greatest villain in cinema history. Nobody even comes close to Vader, EVER!!! Is an after thought to the Red Guard.

• Options
    I'll take the QGJ speed meta over the old Poe meta any day.
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    J7000 wrote: »
    Yeah that's why you have Sid, Dooku and Phasma up there because it's only QGJ.

We have more than 50 characters with leader abilities and you have 60% of the top 10 teams leading with just ONE SAME char. For top 15 it goes to 53%. many people are still building GQJ so expect the ratio to increase. If these stats or the poster just before me don't convince you (+50% in top 20 using QGJ) then you don't need evidence, but to open your eyes.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    This is what it looks like on my server right now. Its far more diverse than it was a month ago..so yes, thank you CG.

https://youtu.be/rDNLc75Dixk
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    I'll take the QGJ speed meta over the old Poe meta any day.

Poe is still used...to top off a QGJ led high speed team and lock speed leaders right after Leia, Rey, QGJ, Yoda, GS, etc. have all attacked - with a nice boost to TM to top it off. Those that have more money interject RG so if you have slower chars, you can at most kill 1 char IF you can one shot 1 enemy.
  • Options
    8 different leaders, with only 5 QGJ, in the top 20 of my late Nov. leaderboard. And one of the Phasmas is normally Dooku, so that would make 9 different leaders.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    8 different leaders, with only 5 QGJ, in the top 20 of my late Nov. leaderboard. And one of the Phasmas is normally Dooku, so that would make 9 different leaders.

Yep, big difference between forum hype and reality. I know more than a couple in our top 20 that have max QGJ yet use Sid as lead over him. And... They still use POE and their teams are pretty mean on defense still. I do agree that droids took a hit with the change to speed, though.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Droid teams got exterminated :'(

We will rise once more when Jawa Engineer is released :)
  • Options

Yep, big difference between forum hype and reality. I know more than a couple in our top 20 that have max QGJ yet use Sid as lead over him. And... They still use POE and their teams are pretty mean on defense still. I do agree that droids took a hit with the change to speed, though.

Well, I showed stats and evidence and you showed a bunch of letters one after another.

So basically...a bunch of 9 leaders...and the top one is QGJ with 1 of every 4 leaders being him. How does the top 10 look?
  • Options
    Well I'm numbet one presently as I am very often I use Poggle as my lead and have 86 on my team. So QGJ does not rule and droids are not exterminated. Other leads in top 10 Phasma, QGJ,Sid,Barriss(not sure how this one sqeaks in in off hours but never sticks) HK. There is a Lumi, and a Dooku lead in the top 20 as well as 1 Rex. 9 different leads in top 2. i full droid team. 86 is on a couple. Perhaps your Shard is all QGJ, but not mine, which is a late Nov, and apparently another late Nov is similar.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options

Well, I showed stats and evidence and you showed a bunch of letters one after another.

So basically...a bunch of 9 leaders...and the top one is QGJ with 1 of every 4 leaders being him. How does the top 10 look?

Yeah, not following you at all. I showed a Video of the leaderboard that contradicts what you say about QGJ.

Then I agreed that droid teams took a hit because of speed changes which basically agrees with half of what you said.

What else were you looking for? If you want droids buffed then I'd agree with that too.
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm on @Preemo_Magin arena shard. I am disappointed with my own 0 synergy team, but got fed up of going down 30 ranks with my good ol' Finn lead.

I counted the top 100 yesterday night:

45 Phasma
    17 Sid
    16 QGJ
    10 HK-47
    6 Lumi
    4 Poggle
    1 Dooku
    1 Barris

and most of those QGJ are in the top 20. Concentrated in top 10 at EST 6pm.

edit: (I see Deloril gave up his HK47 today as well for a QGJ. I bet he's swearing like me to have to do this...) :<
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Fantazy wrote: »
    I'm on @Preemo_Magin arena shard. I am disappointed with my own 0 synergy team, but got fed up of going down 30 ranks with my good ol' Finn lead.

I counted the top 100 yesterday night:

45 Phasma
    17 Sid
    16 QGJ
    10 HK-47
    6 Lumi
    4 Poggle
    1 Dooku
    1 Barris

and most of those QGJ are in the top 20. Concentrated in top 10 at EST 6pm.

Thanks for the numbers. As much as I think droids need a tiny bit of love.. Where are the nightsisters?
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    This is the most diverse the game has ever been for leaders.
    - Launch: Barris
    - Post Barris nerf: Sidious
    - TFA: Sidious and Phasma
    - Poe Era: Sidious, Phasma, Poggle
    - Post Poe nerf: Sidious, Phasma, Poggle, QGJ
  • Options
    Well, 9 of my top 20 are droid squads. I run QGJ lead and was the first to do so in the top 10 but he's definitely catching on quickly. Wish the Rey farm wasn't so brutal.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I think people have unrealistic expectations of how many competitive squads there should be. In card games their might be 4-6 meta decks at a time and they have way more ability for balancing then this game. If you can get 15 viable arena charactors in the top 10 I think your doing a pretty good job. And if 3 or 4 viable leaders exist that's pretty good too.

Right now you got your speedsters, droids, and RNGs that all show up. If they can make a slower tankier team viable then that would be what's is missing.

Also people need to get over Lore based balancing. It doesn't exist in this game nor do you want it to exist.
  • Options
    Once upon a time there were two Asajj leads in the top 50 of my shard.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the numbers. As much as I think droids need a tiny bit of love.. Where are the nightsisters?

That one with the head bun... Hiding behind a Phasma. Right next to Dooku.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    Not everyone with qgj led teams are in the same payout zone. With the way ai plays, droid teams can still wreck.
  • Arillian
    240 posts Member
    Options
    4 QGJ(1 me), 3 Sids, 2 Phasmas, and 1 HK47 round out my top 10, November launch

Teams are more diverse than a month ago. Droids can still wreck me.

I don't mind it. What do you want changed? Nerf QGJ and I just go back to Sid. Nerf Sid and I switch to Phasma, Dooku, or HK/Poggle if I put in the droids.

Folks will always find a niche to secure wins. If it's not QGJ, Poe, FOTP, Leia, Old Ben, or Barriss it'll just be someone else.
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    Right now you got your speedsters, droids, and RNGs that all show up. If they can make a slower tankier team viable then that would be what's is missing.

Pretty sure there are actually with Phasma leading. With level caps eventually rising some of these guys have crazy health and still do decent dps. I'm pretty sure if you put Bariss or Lumni and RG into one of these squads they are quite potent even in the current meta. I'll screenshot the next one I fight and maybe record it. Tanking has gotten better not worse from what I've seen.
  • Options
    Reyia wrote: »
    Droid teams got exterminated :'(

We will rise once more when Jawa Engineer is released :)

Its the clone wars all over again! (remembers episode where Dooku is trying to get a geo to side with him).

But seriously,

Mon:
    4882f1d.png

Is the only person top 70 on my server that uses droids. He appears to be in the death throes of the droid movement though. Desperate enough to use Lobot @ low Star Lvl. He use to be rank 4 for a long time.

@Reyia I believe in Jawa Engineer, which is why I am building a Droid team and have been in contact with you the "Oracle" of droid knowledge.

But Seriously,

d4de80b.png

3fa869a.png

40ac861.png

41a39fb.png

429438c.png
    (Yes that is 50 more MK VI Hair dryers)

42228e5.png

It might take a while to build a Droid resistance to the meta ......
  • Mako482
    84 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    You do know they will keep changing the fotm so players are constantly spending and grinding....right? You will never catch the carrot unless you spend thousands and just max everyone.
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Right this second, our top 10 contains 5 qgj, 2 sid, 1hk, 1phasma, 1 lumi as leaders.
  • Options
    I don't ... Think.. I..Understand. :|

Oh wait.. WAIT!

I get it!.. You claim to "Thank" them, but you are really complaining!
    Hahahahhaha!.. How clever! I bet no one has *ever* done that before.

Wow!.. That should be patented or something. :#

Cmon guy, people are going to always gravitate to what is considered "best", it was Barriss before, then Sid, then Phasma.. I understand your pain. This will never change. Games have been like that for the last 20 years, it's the nature of the animal.

But lately there *have*been changes (Royal Guard, Rex, Yoda, GG) that gives people hope.. options even..to "think outside of the box". I have noticed people on my shard trying new things, it's very cool. If your sick of the "Meta" take risks, make changes BE A REBEL! (See what I did there!) or be a Sith.. The point I am trying to make is, do what you want, have fun.. There is no right or wrong way, just have fun!

Frustration is frustrating... And that just leads to hamster video addiction!

** note this post is purely the views of BentWookie and is in no way affiliated with amy other organizations, especially AT&T because he is pretty sure that their symbol is the Death Star. :|