The death of gearing a toon.

First off. I love the 8 try hard node not a complaint.

But if you are F2P how do you spend 50k ally points on omega, all your guild store on the mod salvage and grind out all these supposedly legendary requirements and gear a toon?

Am I the only one who has seen most progress stop?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The game is a grind and runs at a marathon pace.

Take your time, make plans and stick to it. If you spread yourself too thin, you will feel like this. Focus is key, 1 team, 1 toon at a time. Have short term plans that lead to long term goals.
  • Options
    Im 3.8million gp think I know the deal. It is possible people can ask a question and your cut and paste EA approved answers don't fit.
  • UdalCuain
    5022 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Maybe because you gave none. It reads like a new player post. If you had stated your GP or put the post in the correct section of the forums perhaps it wouldn't have ended up in the "wrong" place.

Also, calling out or discussing moderation is against forum rules. You'll find them in the new player section.
  • NEW_GUILD184
    5 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    It was a broad statement...how many new players can grind all the legendary characters? Come on dude. What new player is spending all their guild currency on the salvage that requires g12 toons. Get real.
  • Options
    Ok first, at 3.8 million gp, you likely have a lot of shard shop currency, that's some gear. You have 3 raids, tb, and tw that give you gear, guild tokens, and guild event tokens.

You get enough guild tokens to buy gear from there and the slicing material or shards occasionally. You don't have to buy the slicing materials every time. There are probably plenty of non gold mods with high speed secondaries that need sliced before you even need those. Buy them slowly when the gear or shards you need aren't there.

Guild event store has lots of gear. Unless you are grinding out hoda or wampa, you should be getting plenty from there.

The new store added carbontis and cuffs for credits which helps. I still need stun guns but having those is better than sitting on 20 mil credits and not having the option.

If you are competitive in both arenas, you can buy gear with crystals. Or refresh energy and farm gear too.

There are plenty of places to get gear. It is up to you to choose what to farm.

With that said, there are a place for improvement. Put some decent gear on the nest node. It's a hard node and should have good gear
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Im 3.8million gp think I know the deal. It is possible people can ask a question and your cut and paste EA approved answers don't fit.

Even before I was a mod this is how I would describe the game.

This is absolutely the game, and the way to get through times like this. Plan and focus, hoard when things are unclear.