Any Thrawn experts?

I'll he fair, Thrawn is difficult. But, I had g8 with decent mods and all uniques maxed with a good amount of other abilities maxed. And I had no luck in T7 I got to thrawn and his unique destroyed me. I waited 3 months, and now he's back. I have Ezra, Hera and Chopper g9. All abilities maxed on Ezra, Hera and Zeb except Zetas. I will link my swgoh.gg page for mods, I might be able to get CLS on his next visit, if I get thrawn 7*. If someone could have a look at them and see any mod changes, omegas etc. that I need.

Thanks in advance

Swgoh.gg page
https://swgoh.gg/u/clubba/collection/

Replies

• Options
    You really need to stack potency on Zeb, his debuffs are essential at lower gear levels. 24% isn't gonna cut it. Add at least a potency cross mod.
  • Options
    You really need to stack potency on Zeb, his debuffs are essential at lower gear levels. 24% isn't gonna cut it. Add at least a potency cross mod.

I did some fiddling, and is 42 ok?
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    60%+ is ideal. I'll paste below what I've said in numerous Thrawn threads previous to this one. This mod setup doesn't follow the new recommended mods, but I used mostly health mods because at the time it's what I had. Worked great. You're basically where I was, except 80 instead of 85. But you also have Hera and Chopper at G9. I only had Ezra G9.

"Level 15 on all mods is key for the max set bonus. +10% versus 5% Potency, or +5% max health on a tank instead of 2.5%...

Chopper's Omega really helps as everyone heals each turn. Mountains of protection. Speed isn't as critical as people make it out to be. Survivability is key. Being able to eat a fracture without dying, for example.

Here's my mod setup. All 85. Uniques omega'd plus some basics. Two omegas each. Except Chopper only ended up doing his unique so I could save the 5 for Thrawn.

Hera G8+4, 170- 6 health mods, protection on triangle and circle. Tenacity on cross. Speed on arrow.

Chopper G8+4, 209- 6 health mods, protection on triangle, circle, and arrow (15 speed secondary), tenacity on cross.

Zeb G8+3, 132- 2 health 4 potency, protection on circle and triangle, potency on cross. Speed on arrow (actually forgot to put the 5-dot one from my arena FOST. He only had a 1-dot speed arrow). Potency 65%.

Kanan G8+3, 111 - 4 health, 2 Crit chance. Protection on triangle, circle and arrow (13 speed secondary), tenacity on cross.

Ezra G9+4, 173 - 4 offence, 2 health. Health on circle. Crit damage on triangle. Tenacity on cross. Speed on arrow.

Pretty straightforward if you avoid Thrawn until the end, unless he has daze/stun. DT's first, ST's, then Papa Smurf. The tenacity helped a ton as they were rarely debuffed except for the unavoidable Fracture.

First try, all with health/protection by the end. Kanan and Zeb utilized backup plan off of fracture, that was it."
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    When I got Thrawn at 7*, my Zeb had 50% potency. But anything above 40% should give you a decent chance. I modded Hera, Ezra, Chopper, and Zeb with as much speed as possible and Kanan for as much protection as possible. I had Ezra gear 10, Hera and Chopper gear 9, and Kanan and Zeb gear 8.

Strategy is to call Zeb for as many assists as possible to daze and stun, and take everyone else out before Thrawn. Generally start with the death troopers, then stormtrooper and commanders, then Thrawn.

It took me 4 tries, and my characters were a bit faster than yours (based on your swgoh.gg). It might take a few tries, but you should get it.
  • Options
    Clubba wrote: »

I did some fiddling, and is 42 ok?

Since you are only level 80 there's a higher chance that your debuffs will be resisted. You need more potency.
  • Options
    Good new! I just got it. With ease!
  • Options
    Well done! Sorry I missed that you had replied but looks like you got some really good advice here.
  • Options
    Well done! Sorry I missed that you had replied but looks like you got some really good advice here.

Landed every daze, seemed to make the difference. Next up, R2...
  • Options
    I think the 7/8/9's get you there with lots of RNG luck.

Push for 9/10's and it should be easier. People want to skim by with the least amount of gear (which I understand completely), but want to do it in 1-2 tries.

I think when I did it I was 8 KJ/8 chop/9 hera/9 zeb /10 ezra and did it on the second try. I was G7 7s and lvl 80is the first time I tried, pushed them for the next event and that's where they were when it popped and it wasn't too bad. Also, at that point i think Zeb's potency was like 70/ Ezra was at 210 or so and the rest of them had speed of no special value.
  • Options
    I had everyone G8 except for Ezra who is G10. Level 85. Decent mods but not great. No one was over 200 speed. I don't think anyone was even close to be honest.

This is artist of war. It's about tactics.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/137598/beat-7-thrawn-with-this-g8-team/p1

I used what was here to win
  • Options
    It's tactics - IF you have the toons geared to be able to execute it. I knew the strat the first time i tried with lvl 77 G7's and i couldn't get past anyone's shields :)

My strat was use Zeb to stun/etc the DT's and Ezra/Chop to remote taunts. Worked fine, once the toons were advanced enough. Tons easier at 82 g8/9 (when i beat it) and moreso still at 85.
  • Options
    Ya. Going to 85 helped a lot
  • FREEDOMfrom
    474 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Wouldn't you say I should be able to do it with my phoenix group?

https://swgoh.gg/u/freedomfrom/collection/?f=phoenix

85 g9 Ezra
    84 g8 Hera
    84 g9 Chopper
    84 g8 Zeb
    82 g8 kanaan
  • Options
    Getting to level 85 makes a difference for landing and resisting effects from what I understand. So get them to 85. And lots of potency on zeb