Infinite Health Nihilis? Bug, hacks, or something else?

Just played an arena match against Traya leading the triumvirate plus Thrawn and Sith Trooper.

I run a Talzin lead, and it this point in the battle only Traya and Nihilus were alive. As I feared Nihilus annihilating my Assaj, I tried to take him out quick since it was late enough in the battle that my Assaj was hitting for 60k+ on a basic attack, but... it didn’t seem to do anything. Nihilus’s health didn’t budge a single bar. I scratched my head, he luckily chose to annihilate zombie, and the match continued.

I tried at least three more attacks against him with assists called from beyond the grave as well. His health bar didn’t move. Zip. Nada. Nothing.

I decided to attack Traya - *boop* 65,000, dead in a single hit. Now back to Nihilus and there’s only a minute or so left in the battle. I whaled on him for a solid 50 seconds and FINALLY killed him just before the timer ran out.

Can someone explain to me what on earth was going on? Why did this Nihilus have a health pool seemingly in the millions?

Replies

• Options
    Maybe glitch? Don't know
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Options
    Look up his unique, "Lord of hunger", 30% stacking w/traya
  • Lor_San_Teka
    558 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    You should read the skill descriptions on Lord of Hunger
  • Options
    WOW!
    Look up his unique, "Lord of hunger", 30% stacking w/traya

That’s insane, never noticed that since I don’t have Traya myself. Thanks for the reply.
  • Lor_San_Teka
    558 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

• Options
    ws3jifd5seah.png
  • Options
    Got it... from now on gotta kill Nihilus before he literally has 2000% of his health bar.
  • Options
    It’s nihilus’s anihilate give him the number of health of the target? Also, he gain max health each time Sion is hit, so you fed him this hellova health with your zombie and while attacking Sion.
  • Options
    Yeah, Nihilus gets an extra 30% health for every single debuff that lands on Sion or Traya. If you landed 20 debuffs on Sion and Traya during the battle, for instance, that means Nihilus would have 6 times his normal health by the end of the battle.
  • Options
    Moral of the story, fracture and annihilate Nihilus first
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Darth Nihilus also gains max health equal to the toon he annihilates. So if you have Old Daka with zeta and a high max health that health pool will go to Darth Nihilus too.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    that, and any annihilates got off fed him more health
  • Options
    If you run Talzin lead NS against Traya teams, the trick when only Nihilus is left is to use your specials to stack plague on Nihilus, only use basic if you have nothing else. If you have either Spirit or Daka left, he won't take a turn other than suffering plague damage due to stuns. You still might need 30-60 seconds, but it's a lot faster than spamming basics hoping for lucky hits to overcome his health and healing.
  • Options
    I experienced that I hit him, and only him, and his health went down, and then straight back up to full health again. Is thay normal ?
  • VoodooKing
    101 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Use Nest to daze him and he won't get the stacking health when Traya/Sion gets debuffs.
  • Options
    I kill Palp, freeze Nihilus, fracture and beat down Sion second, go after Traya while keeping Nihilus locked out with Fracture, then slam the tank usually GK or Sith Trooper, and finish with Nihilus.

zBastila, zGMY, zEzra, GK, zThrawn. Can’t hold D against Traya teams, but Offense allows good climb rate.
  • UdalCuain
    5025 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    VoodooKing wrote: »
    Use Nest to daze him and he won't get the stacking health when Traya/Sion gets debuffs.

Pretty sure this is wrong. How do you think daze prevents this? It should prevent the 10% TM gain but would still get the health boost.
  • Options

I’m pretty sure you wanna fracture sion first. But ability blocking or stunning Nihilus is good.
    I AM the High Ground
  • Options
    tanki60o wrote: »

I’m pretty sure you wanna fracture sion first. But ability blocking or stunning Nihilus is good.

No, that's not how you fight the triumvirate.
  • Options
    Acrofales wrote: »

Actually it is, fracture Sion allows a non 100% sith team (Nest, Thrawn + Triumvirate) to bypass his auto taunt and you can annihilate DN before he becomes an issue. Especially since AI Traya always puts isolate on DN so he gets stuck behind Sion
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Flugsvamp wrote: »

Actually it is, fracture Sion allows a non 100% sith team (Nest, Thrawn + Triumvirate) to bypass his auto taunt and you can annihilate DN before he becomes an issue. Especially since AI Traya always puts isolate on DN so he gets stuck behind Sion

I wasn't taking issue with the fracture. Moreso with the ability blocking or stunning nilly. You first need to isolate him before that does anything...

E: oh, and it's the second fracture you want on Sion. If you have free choice with the first one, fracture traya or nilly.
  • Options
    Flugsvamp wrote: »

I fracture DN first and have no problem winning. Guess there are multiple viable strategies. Probably depends on what team you run.
  • Options
    The amount of people that don't know this simple mechanic is stunning.

I'm starting to believe the fact that 50% people don't use mods too lol.
  • Options

Nope, your wrong
  • Options
    The amount of people that don't know this simple mechanic is stunning.

I'm starting to believe the fact that 50% people don't use mods too lol.

They watch videos from arnhold and game changers and end up dumber than when they started. All fluff no meat and potatoes