TB Platoons - Can not fill

Prev1
We are 173 million gp guild and we can not fill one ship platoon. We can fill maybe 2 for each of the bottom territories. People are getting disheartened, we viewed this as our first chance to get 45 stars and that hope is now gone. CG has stated a mistake has been so many marquee toons, well a side effect of it is TB. This needs to be fixed. The probability seems specifically skewed towards newer toons.

Replies

• Options
    Quick question - can you fill 3&4 in middle and bottom?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I don't believe, that CG have stated, that it's a mistake that new / unfarmable toons appear in platoons. Hence, there's nothing to fix.
  • SwordsLFD
    350 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    It might be working as they intended, but it does not work from a customer stand point. It skews the odds too heavily against the person who is a paying customer that wants to have fun, and it appears badly to most people because it is so obviously skewed against the guild. They crossed the line between making money and pleasing the long paying customer. So, they can keep it that way all they won't, but I do not think it is sustainable to the customer base, because people will get tired of the goal line moving a little too far ahead. Our guild has grown and grown this year from 135 million to 173 million, yet 45 remains out of reach. People are complaining and grumbling. They should know that, feedback is as they say a gift. If they over look this gift, well that is on them, but we are pretty chill group and it is starting to grate on us.
  • Options
    TimmyHutch wrote: »
    @Kyno see what I mean? I'm not the only person who has brought this up. The greed is getting out of hand, and it's being downplayed as if nobody cares. Well...your customers cares. You know, the people who pay your pay check???

how would someone who is ftp pay anyone's paycheck? srs q.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    SwordsLFD wrote: »
    It might be working as they intended, but it does not work from a customer stand point. It skews the odds too heavily against the person who is a paying customer that wants to have fun, and it appears badly to most people because it is so obviously skewed against the guild.

Well, I play for free and I accept that paying players have an advantage — also in platoons. I'm not so sure that 'it appears badly to most people' as you claim. Without advantages, players wouldn't pay. Without paying players, the game wouldn't exist.

• Options
    @Kyno see what I mean? I'm not the only person who has brought this up. The greed is getting out of hand, and it's being downplayed as if nobody cares. Well...your customers cares. You know, the people who pay your pay check???

Kyno doesnt have a paycheck for moderation.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno see what I mean? I'm not the only person who has brought this up. The greed is getting out of hand, and it's being downplayed as if nobody cares. Well...your customers cares. You know, the people who pay your pay check???

@TimmyHutch

Hey, I'm a full time player and volunteer mod.

There is nothing about the current situation that has changed or has anything to do with greed.

Platoons have been setup the same way since they made the chnage to a system that allows for any toon in game to be in a platoon. They released a whole bunch of toons and we are seeing that in this current run of TBs.

Platoons are not necessary and the lack of them can be overcome with development. Sure it's the long road and just like everything in this game it will take time and a plan.

Like it or not this is the current setup we have, it gives and advantage and an ease to those who $$. For the rest if us we slug through it. They have already acknowledged the issues with the release of so many toons and have said they would keep this in mind in the future, but I still expect platoons in the future to have new toons at the higher levels.

My mindset is to just accept that they will not be filled and any that are filled is a bonus. Move on and solve the problems we can solve.
  • SebPovic
    67 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    And heres a point i have been thinking on commenting below a post of yours a few times, @Kyno

Someone visits the forums to complain or discuss or whatever. This is an emotional action and a mod response containing "this is how it is, deal with it" is not going to help anybody.
    Your responses in threads like this are probably all correct factwise as you know about a lot of stuff. However sometimes it is more important how you say something than what you actually say.

Especially in this whole platoon matter: People have been building rosters and farming Lobot and **** in order to progress this part of the game and are set back due to the amount of new toons/the algorithm. Even though my guild nearly got 6/6 stars in the last 2 ship areas GP-wise we couldnt fill a single platoon as the dolphins we have dont cash Sith-Fighter. Sucks tbh, we got ppl with nearly 3 years experience and cant participate in this specific area of the game at all. I accept it though.

Sure CG has some kind of plan for the game with features to come and we can not assess what the game will be like once its reached the next milestone of development. But peope are having fun and participating in this forum right now.

If you have emotions on something that you care about (this game) and you get the feeling that the lorm-term development may not be what you hope it to then a fully juristical answer is contraproductive for some people.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited September 2018
    Options
    SebPovic wrote: »
    And heres a point i have been thinking on commenting below a post of yours a few times, Kyno

Someone visits the forums to complain or discuss or whatever. This is an emotional action and a mod response containing "this is how it is, deal with it, stop complaining, start paying if you want more, if you like it or not" is not going to help anybody.
    Your responses in threads like this are probably all correct factwise as you know about a lot of stuff. However sometimes it is more important how you say something than what you actually say.

Especially in this whole platoon matter: People have been building rosters and farming Lobot and **** in order to progress this part of the game and are set back due to the amount of new toons/the algorithm. Even though my guild nearly got 6/6 stars in the last 2 ship areas GP-wise we couldnt fill a single platoon as the dolphins we have dont cash Sith-Fighter. Sucks tbh, we got ppl with nearly 3 years experience and cant participate in this specific area of the game at all. I accept it though.

Sure CG has some kind of plan for the game with features to come and we can not assess what the game will be like once its reached the next milestone of development. But peope are having fun and participating in this forum right now.

If you have emotions on something that you care about (this game) and you get the feeling that the lorm-term development may not be what you hope it to then a fully juristical answer is contraproductive for some people.

@SebPovic
    I have never stated start paying or stop complaining. Never. Please dont quote anything like that unless true.

I have said it is the way it is and here is how you can grow and develop around it.
  • SebPovic
    67 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Ill edit that out then. However having you point toward the advantage of $$$ in terms of game progressing speed isnt that big of a difference though.

One sells mustard, one sells gas but we're not selling mustard gas.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ill edit that out then. However having you point toward the advantage of $$$ in terms of game progressing speed isnt that big of a difference though.

I am simply pointing to how the game works, people who $$, get an advantage. Part of that advantage is being able to fill those platoons. I have never said it's the way people should play, or that they need to do this to play. Its they way the game is designed. Everything takes time, and time =money.

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Platoons are not necessary and the lack of them can be overcome with development. Sure it's the long road and just like everything in this game it will take time and a plan.

If I read the OP's sentiments correctly, it has more to do with the goal posts moving in an unfair way. Any 170M+ GP guild understands the dynamics of the game and has accepted them to get to that point in roster development.

While I understand you're not being condescending, "develop your squads" certainly sounds like it. As a full time, long term player, you yourself understand the difference that platoons make on Day 6. And if people HAD developed their rosters with the intention of filling TB platoons so they had enough to 3* Day 6 territories only to no longer be able to get any help from platoons - well, most of us can understand their frustration. They were good soldiers, developed their rosters, only to have Lucy pull the football away again with marquee heavy platoons.
    Like it or not this is the current setup we have, it gives and advantage and an ease to those who $$.

Again, while you're not saying "start paying or stop complaining", I can see why people would read it that way. And unfortunately, since the number of marquee toons required is what it is, you need more than just one whale in your guild to fill them.

I personally don't see the reasoning for CG making platoons that hard to fill. It's not as if there is such a vast difference in rewards for the 2 or 3 stars that it's going to cost them in terms of lost revenue. Additionally, it would go a loooooong way towards creating some good will with the player base after the marquee-ocalypse of 2018.

I can't imagine there are a ton of people out there willing to spend $200US to be able to fill a single hole in a platoon when another 6 to 10 might be needed. I could be wrong, it happens often.
  • Options
    ^^^^ Exactly.

Not being able to fill all of the platoons on day six is one thing, being able to fill NO ship platoons is another. We are spenders, most of the guild, but it would take thousands of dollars to fill those platoons. It is just unreasonable and since guild average is 3.3 million or better, we are stacked, so I can't imagine the frustration of lower guilds.

And it is the obvious way the code is written to put special attention toward those new toons that is frustrating. Seven different platoons required new sith fighter. Four hounds tooths and 4 lando millennium falcon. I mean does CG even play this game?

I spent months and months farming normal millennium falcon and I'm glad to have it, it felt like an accomplishment, and yeah Im farming new one mainly for lando, but it will be six months or longer before I have it. Maybe spent some having some though around the client experience, but this is just frustrating.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

If I read the OP's sentiments correctly, it has more to do with the goal posts moving in an unfair way. Any 170M+ GP guild understands the dynamics of the game and has accepted them to get to that point in roster development.

While I understand you're not being condescending, "develop your squads" certainly sounds like it. As a full time, long term player, you yourself understand the difference that platoons make on Day 6. And if people HAD developed their rosters with the intention of filling TB platoons so they had enough to 3* Day 6 territories only to no longer be able to get any help from platoons - well, most of us can understand their frustration. They were good soldiers, developed their rosters, only to have Lucy pull the football away again with marquee heavy platoons.
    Like it or not this is the current setup we have, it gives and advantage and an ease to those who $$.

Again, while you're not saying "start paying or stop complaining", I can see why people would read it that way. And unfortunately, since the number of marquee toons required is what it is, you need more than just one whale in your guild to fill them.

I personally don't see the reasoning for CG making platoons that hard to fill. It's not as if there is such a vast difference in rewards for the 2 or 3 stars that it's going to cost them in terms of lost revenue. Additionally, it would go a loooooong way towards creating some good will with the player base after the marquee-ocalypse of 2018.

I can't imagine there are a ton of people out there willing to spend $200US to be able to fill a single hole in a platoon when another 6 to 10 might be needed. I could be wrong, it happens often.

Unfortunately the goal post were moved once. This happened when they stated that platoons from 4-6 will be from any toons in game.

I'm not saying anyone has to do anything, but at that point it seems logical to just accept that you will not fill platoons and work on other methods to score points to earn stars. This would be through growth and development. Any platoon that do get filled is a bonus.
  • Options
    It is not logical. We are players need to say its not acceptable and it's unfair and they need to rethink it. That is how change happens. We have had plenty of growth, but every time they release new toons, they need to consider the impact.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    It is not logical. We are players need to say its not acceptable and it's unfair and they need to rethink it. That is how change happens. We have had plenty of growth, but every time they release new toons, they need to consider the impact.

There are stated "rules of engagement", or the rules of the game, or the guidelines of this event, however you want to look at it. It makes it difficult and gives an advantage to those who $$. How is it not fair?

Everyone should have the advantage that p2p are paying for?

The growth goes around platoons, by giving us stronger teams that can beat more waves without platoons. Or just flat out put up GP numbers. The stated goal for TB, is those points which are directly related to development.

No, GP will not help you fill platoons, but you dont need platoons to do well in TB. Platoons are an element of the game mode and not the goal of the event.

If you have a personal goal to fill platoons, that is the same as someone who has a personal goal to run a Bounty Hunter team with the new bounty hunters, you either $$ or you wait and grind it out like the rest of us.
  • Options
    I don't think you understand, and that is fine. How much $$ are we supposed to put out before we get there. The goal posts keep moving further and further out. Your statement about GP won't get there, well GP = time/money/effort spent on the game. If almost three years and thousands of dollars won't cut it, what will. It makes it a badly designed system, blaming the consumer or saying well that how it works, accept it is not acceptable.

I am p2p, most in our guild are, yet still not there. Thus I'm pointing out the issue, because I dont want to see my guild members loose interest and leave the game due to these frustrations.

I'm not here to whine or complain, Im hear to let the makers of the game know they have an issue. Weather or not a moderator gets it or not, is irrelevant. You are not my intended audience. I'm giving feedback to the developers and they need to make it more fair and not so obviously skewed to those who spent on the newest toons. When holdo and rose came out, TB was full of them, not so much anymore. If they want to make it so we can get 4/6 and request 2 or 3 of those, that is one thing, but expecting a new toon in ever platoon is just insane.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I don't think you understand, and that is fine. How much $$ are we supposed to put out before we get there. The goal posts keep moving further and further out. Your statement about GP won't get there, well GP = time/money/effort spent on the game. If almost three years and thousands of dollars won't cut it, what will. It makes it a badly designed system, blaming the consumer or saying well that how it works, accept it is not acceptable.

I am p2p, most in our guild are, yet still not there. Thus I'm pointing out the issue, because I dont want to see my guild members loose interest and leave the game due to these frustrations.

I'm not here to whine or complain, Im hear to let the makers of the game know they have an issue. Weather or not a moderator gets it or not, is irrelevant. You are not my intended audience. I'm giving feedback to the developers and they need to make it more fair and not so obviously skewed to those who spent on the newest toons. When holdo and rose came out, TB was full of them, not so much anymore. If they want to make it so we can get 4/6 and request 2 or 3 of those, that is one thing, but expecting a new toon in ever platoon is just insane.

$0.

This game can be played easily with patience and $0.

• Options
    Are moderators supposed to troll their client base?

Its working as designed, spend money to get ahead, hey did you know you dont have to spend money. Wow.
  • Options
    Gear/farm teams that can do 6/6 regardless of platoons, never worry about platoons again. It's certainly cheaper than buying each marquee character/ship in order to be able to fullfill (some of) the platoons. I'm all for spending to get ahead eventhough i'm f2p myself, but spending to fill platoons is just not the way to go, it's super expensive for very little in return, so i'd advice everyone against doing so.
    That said, i don't think it's unreasonable to ask for atleast 2 out of 6 platoons without (recent) marquee characters/ships.
  • Options
    It seems like platoons 3 & 4 in middle and bottom are full of established Rebel characters with none of the marquees, similar to the Dark Side TB requiring established Empire characters.

It doesn't look like they did the same for the ships, however.
  • Options

I am simply pointing to how the game works, people who $$, get an advantage. Part of that advantage is being able to fill those platoons. I have never said it's the way people should play, or that they need to do this to play. Its they way the game is designed. Everything takes time, and time =money.

Time won't help you fill more platoons in phases 4 through 6 with the current design. Time will help you in other aspects of TB, but not this one. Here only bucket loads of crystals (=money) will help.
  • Options

Unfortunately the goal post were moved once. This happened when they stated that platoons from 4-6 will be from any toons in game.

The statement you refer to could translate to:

"From here on forward we will be moving the goal post whenever we introduce a new character."

That's not only one movement of the goal post. The goal post has been moved several times since that statement was made.
  • Options
    Are moderators supposed to troll their client base?

Its working as designed, spend money to get ahead, hey did you know you dont have to spend money. Wow.

Well, you don't have to stay ahead, so Kyno is correct on this one. He's wrong in other statements but not this one.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »

"From here on forward we will be moving the goal post whenever we introduce a new character."

That's not only one movement of the goal post. The goal post has been moved several times since that statement was made.

or its a simple line. P2P get the advantage of full platoons, F2P dont.
  • Options
    And thus the frustration, I used to pay $100.00 a month into the game, but I think that will need to stop. Thanks for your time.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

The goal post is moved again and again for both P2P and F2P players alike. What's your point?
  • Options

The goal post is moved again and again for both P2P and F2P players alike. What's your point?

That the goal posts being moved isn't an issue.
    You've got every right to be frustrated when your guild doesn't have the airstrike in p4, 5 and 6, but you don't have to be if you don't want to (without buying the characters obviously). It's up to you, but given the choice between staying frustrated untill ea/cg decides to change this and just not getting frustrated anymore because you'll do just fine without p2p platoons, i'd go for the latter.
    This also makes the advantage actively paying players have over non-playing players as far as platoons go an advantage not worth having. Following that logic it's pointless for ea/cg to offer their paying customers such an advantage, but apparantly they think/know some paying players don't share that sentiment.
    Sometimes an alternative approach can turn an issue into a non-issue, offering such an alternative approach isn't the same thing as saying there isn't an issue to begin with. In my experience it's often "the best sollution" though. (mainly because some stuff never changes in freemium games)
  • Options
    I’m not sure what the alternative would be. The OP seems to be saying new characters should not be included in platoons. What would be the point of platoons then? If they only used older characters, everyone could fill all the platoons and then they would be all but meaningless.

CG designed it this way to encourage spending and to give people a goal to reach. Granted there was a rather large influx of new ships and characters lately, but that should slow down, allowing more people to get the needed characters for platoons. Then the cycle will start over. It’s a business model that is not likely to change, nor do I necessarily feel like it should. If you can easily fill all platoons it would make TB and getting max stars trivial. It is designed to be one of the biggest guild accomplishments in the game, not some perfunctory, “here’s your participation reward” event.