Rework: Zam Wesell

2Next

Replies

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I think the bulk of her Leader ability is pretty good, but her Leader Payout is bad. That said--Just don't use her as a leader, Bounty Hunters already have a bunch of really good leaders so it's fine. Poe's a bad leader, too, but you see him in Resistance teams all the time.

Where mods are concerned, I think I'd go with a speed set and a potency set. Detonators can't crit, and her attack's damage is real low (at the moment--maybe it gets a damage boost along with the patch, but I feel like that's something they'd have mentioned) so it doesn't matter if you crit or not because 150% of a tiny number is still a tiny number. But her base speed is good, so even the minor 10% you get is going to be a meaningful increase. Potency cross with a potency set and her detonators should be sticking.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    The proliferation of TD's near the end of the match paricularly fires up Zam herself. With weak bounty hunters, her payout could potentially give you an almost tm lock for her. With being able to go 5 times in a row after someone died and her being likely to go again and again with a perpetual speed up and td's galore, her lead is all about exploiting her own personal tm gain rather than empowering other bounty hunters.

It could be useful in trying to overcome territory wars teams, and possibly raiding as tm gain can be quite overpowering there as well. It could be useful in arena, but you're talking about offering yourself up to the RNG gods like classic Finn-lead resistance.

Let's not forget that we have 2 perpetually reviving bounty hunters now who can make excellent use of this contract, Read: Powers up Bounty Hunter's Resolve.
  • Options
    No comment other than zam is not a lead i would consider
  • Options
    For zams payout is it 25%chance for just the dispel or 25% chance for each thing listed?
    @CG_SBCrumb
  • Options
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    HK22 wrote: »
    I'm not an expert on BH by any stretch of the imagination, wouldn't she, Greedo, and Dengar be able to make it rain TD on Sith Raid bosses? Especially under a Jango lead?

If by “make it rain” you mean “all TDs are resisted every single time by raid bosses”, then yes.

They have almost no tenacity until you attack them with damage. Save Dengar's AoE for last and they should all stick.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    I Like this rework, its making her good :) she's really required now to get Detonators off fast enough and really has good synergy under a Boba lead as she can basic off every detonator off and keep on shooting. Zam's leader seems pointless though.

If anything, Zam's leader should have made Thermal's not resistible, at least that might have made them more useful. The problem is in raids like the sith raid they resist a lot. Otherwise I can't see Zam being used as a leader at all, as she's better as a not lead
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Zam with taunt ignore would have been killer.

Under a Jango lead, she gains taunt ignore ;D
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Used her in TB this time on every tier. She was good before rework, but now VERY easy to get 4-5 TDs stacked on enemies, and then she can pop the for 30k+ at g9. Zam is an MVP on the Boba lead TD team now.

Boba Zam Greedo Dengar Bossk or Cad all g9.

I really wish BH had another tank, but they are one of the better factions now.
  • Options
    she's at least fun now
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Her stealth on the payout does not seem to be triggering as stated.
    Did not happen once in any galactic war battle.
  • Options

You know what may be right. I never noticed either. Will keep an eye out.
  • Options

Seems to be working. Do you have her payout levelled?
    ewhdexoff2g1.png
  • Options
    Yep, all the way to level 3.
    VonZant wrote: »

Seems to be working. Do you have her payout levelled?
    ewhdexoff2g1.png

• Options
    Havent played through today, maybe i didnt notice at 4x speed.
  • Options
    Payout works. Just ran a few battles.
  • Options
    I used her in my Dark Side Territory Battle Bounty Hunter team and remember her stealthing a couple times--mainly because I forgot she could do that now. So her payout works under some circumstances, anyway.

Have you noticed anything else when it doesn't go off? Is she debuffed or something? Could be a corner case bug.
  • Options
    It works now... maybe i was just going crazy, lol
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    HK22 wrote: »
    I'm not an expert on BH by any stretch of the imagination, wouldn't she, Greedo, and Dengar be able to make it rain TD on Sith Raid bosses? Especially under a Jango lead?

If by “make it rain” you mean “all TDs are resisted every single time by raid bosses”, then yes.

They have almost no tenacity until you attack them with damage. Save Dengar's AoE for last and they should all stick.

TDs also have a different calculation for sticking than other debuffs. I remember it was adjusted awhile back. I completely forget what it involves. It’s much easier to get TDs to stick on raid bosses than a normal debuff.
  • Options
    So when I have to do a mix and match team in TW I can finally get some use out of Nute Gunray? If I ever manage to farm Zam to a viable strength, I mean. Because I never could, with other priorities so much higher in the first year of play. Thermal detonators, maybe some Jawas mixed in with the "extra" BH too?
  • Options
    Played galactic war with zam lead, aura, newt, bossk, and vandor...
    Super fun.
  • Options
    Just noticed the kit here on the forum says her leader ability has a zeta, but its her shapeshifter unique that has the zeta.
  • Options
    MordSith wrote: »
    So when I have to do a mix and match team in TW I can finally get some use out of Nute Gunray? If I ever manage to farm Zam to a viable strength, I mean. Because I never could, with other priorities so much higher in the first year of play. Thermal detonators, maybe some Jawas mixed in with the "extra" BH too?

Won't work, unfortunately. Zam's source for stealth is her Payout, but you only get your Payout if you have a Bounty Hunter leader and Nute isn't a Bounty Hunter.

Good thinking, though! Themed-tems are nice nd all, but the truly broken stuff will come from mixed teams that the developers didn't think about :D
  • Options
    Newt stealths himself and his thermal does a lot of damage. Hes fun with zam, but obvious better choices.
  • Options
    Deadly Bounty (G11+) of Galactic Bounties II was done with my G10 Zam Wessel lead, G9 Dengar, G11 Greedo, G10 Cad Bane, G9 Bossk team. All of them 7 Star except Bossk(6 Star).
    They took heavy damage, but all of them made it to final tier thanks to heal from thermo detonator explosion.
    In final tier, Enfys slaughtered 3 of them with ease, but thermo detonators(probably from Zam’s contract) killed her.
  • Options
    So just a quick clarification. If she detonates say 3 TDs with her basic does everyone heal +12%/+12%? It just says damage from A thermal detonator...

Each one exploding is a separate damage marker correct?
  • Options
    Yeah its each. You will see stacks of heal numbers.
  • Options
    @VonZant

Perfect, thanks!
  • Options
    In final tier, Enfys slaughtered 3 of them with ease, but thermo detonators(probably from Zam’s contract) killed her.

Oh! Say! Now there’s a thought—Nest’s protection fades at the start of her turn, then the bombs go bursting in air straight to her health. I hadn’t thought of that, but will for sure use it next time that bounty comes around.
  • Options
    @TheBloodyTongue

Excellent idea!