Toons that should be Scoundrels (but not Bounty Hunters)

There are quite a few toons that I think should be Scoundrels - or possibly Neutrals.

Jawas I think could all be neutrals - To the extent that droids are intelligent, enslaving droids with their own personalities? To the extent that droids are property, stealing them from other owners? there's just no way this comes across as good here.

But I mainly created this because I think Chopper should be the first Droid Scoundrel. I mean, seriously: have you watched chop on that show? He's always deliberately making trouble.

If chop gets Scoundrel added, then I think Zeb should as well, although he's not quite as obviously up to mischief all the time as Chopper, he's clearly Chopper's partner-in-crime.

Of the toons already released that aren't scoundrels, who do you think should gain the Scoundrel tag?

Replies

• Options
    Wth
  • Options
    IG-88 and L3-37 are Droid scoundrels.
  • Options
    IG-88 is a scoundrel? I suppose that makes sense the way that make BH a subset of Scoundrels. L3-37 take me by surprise though. Good catch.
  • Options
    Scoundrel tag in this game speaks more to the primary purpose or the affiliation of a character rather than their personality. L3-37 is owned by Lando whose primary purpose is to make money or self aggrandizement.

Chopper, is primarily a rebel. He is owned by Hera, who is an early founder of the rebellion, and primarily serves as a ranking officer in said rebellion.
  • Options
    @TaviRus
    Scoundrel tag in this game speaks more to the primary purpose or the affiliation of a character rather than their personality. L3-37 is owned by Lando whose primary purpose is to make money or self aggrandizement.

Which is why Storm Trooper Han is a Rebel, because he was really devoted to the rebellion when running around the death star in that armor, saying,
    I'm not in it for you, Princess. I expect to be well paid. I'm in it for the money!

Is that what you meant?

I think the tags are a lot broader than you are trying to make them out to be.
  • Options
    @TaviRus

Which is why Storm Trooper Han is a Rebel, because he was really devoted to the rebellion when running around the death star in that armor, saying,
    I'm not in it for you, Princess. I expect to be well paid. I'm in it for the money!

Is that what you meant?

Stormtrooper Han is a scoundrel too. Have you looked at the characters that appear under that filter?
  • Options
    @TaviRus

Is that what you meant?

The characters with the scoundrel tag:
    Hans (all of them)
    Bounty Hunters (all of them)
    Landos
    Mob enfocer
    Nute Gunray
    Enfys Nest
    Gamorrean Guard
    Mission and Zaalbar

I am unfamiliar with Mission and Zaalbar, but the one thing that unites the ~27 characters is a love of money/prestige. While some are boarder line, namely Captain Han Solo and Raid Han, its the only factor that unites the tag.

And yes, STH was very much only in it for the money. Luke convinces him to save Leia by telling Han that she's a princess and there'll be a reward.
  • Options
    @ChristophIV & @TaviRus

Yes, I've looked at the scoundrels. Nest wasn't in it for the money. STHan was. Qi'ra's motivations are obscure: we have every indication that she didn't want to participate in a crime syndicate at all and wasn't interested in the money. She was clearly captured and forced to participate. But then by the end of Solo it seems like she might be taking over for the money ... but she might not. She's still in a very dangerous position and she's clearly afraid of Maul.

Likewise, by the time we meet Ep5 Lando he's clearly NOT a scoundrel. He's trying to settle down and become respectable. He has clearly made a life as an administrator of Cloud City and become a former Scoundrel. You might say he betrayed Han, Leia & Chewie, but the Empire never gave him any choice in the matter. So why was Lando given a Scoundrel tag?

The point about STHan is that they gave him a Rebel tag from the very start even though he wanted nothing to do with the Rebellion as long as he was in the armor.

This disproves the idea that it's about "primary purpose or affiliation" as TaviRus said. It's obviously a lot more complex than that. Especially since many toons are given multiple tags . You can't have more than one "primary purpose or affiliation", that's right in the definition of the word "primary".

So why not give a clear mischief-maker like C1-10P the Scoundrel tag? It makes as much sense as giving STHan the Rebel tag or Lando and Qi'ra the Scoundrel tag.