Cantina Drop Rates

JohnLove11
153 posts Member
edited September 2018
This could be a simple yes/no answer but ive noticed some farms seem longer than others. Do the drop rate change in relation to the amount of energy required? Eg a 10 energy node has a lower drop rate than an 8 energy node etc? Or does it just seem that way as i am farming the node less as it costs more?

Replies

• Options
    Drop rates are the same for all character shards across all cantina nodes.
  • Options
    Drop rates are the same for all character shards across all cantina nodes.

Okay cool thanks for helping so quickly!
  • Options
    All data gathered about drop rates suggest that the drop rate for character shards is exactly 1/3, regardless of the node and its costs.

(And yes obviously, farming higher energy nodes takes longer, because you farm the node less times per day.)
  • Options
    From my experience drops can be complete 0 from time to time, but bigger picture says its same. For example - 15 or so people in my guild 7* Sion during a single week.
  • Options
    I don't know..... I used to be a firm believer in the 1/3 rule...... But then I started farming the vets ..
  • Options
    The problem with higher energy farms is that you dont get as many tries with them. If you were used to spend 100 energy at 8 energy nodes, you could expect 100/8=12x0.3= 3-4 shards, but with 100 energy at 20 energy nodes its 100/20=5x0.3= 1-2 shards.
    Getting 1 or 0 shards a day is super frustrating compared to getting 4+.
  • Options
    JohnLove11 wrote: »
    Or does it just seem that way as i am farming the node less as it costs more?

Hammer, nail, head.

Yep, it's all observation bias--you sim less per day so you get fewer shards so it DOES take longer, but mathmatically it's still within the expected rate of return. But, also, since you're doing fewer sims per day, it's more likely you'll go 0 for 8 than 0 for 16, so you'll feel like it's worse than it actually is.

But, all things considered, whenever folks have done the math and tracked the numbers it's always boiled down to about a one-third chance.

Good luck!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I think the math is old. 1/3 hit is a ratio of the past for cantina drop rate. For other farming points it may by correct. I play the game for 2 years now. My opinion: the programmers change drop rate from time to time to “motivate“ to invest.
    Cantina drop rate at the moment is more like 1/5. Full energy of two days not sheldom brings 0 shards.
  • Options
    @Starkomat

"...at the moment is more like 1/5"?

Here's my Vet Chewie farm (accurate to about twenty minutes ago when I had 16 cantina energy):

177/497 = 35.61%
  • Options
    Yeah Sabines drop rate is trash and she is on hard node 1-A! I dont think it matters where they are... I am getting 0 to 1 shard a day for Sabine but 4 to 6 a day for HoundsTooth. So i dont think it matters one bit.