Team Opinion

I've been wanting to find a use for Gar Saxon, and was wanting opinions on this idea.

zPhasma (L), FOST, FOSFTP, Gar Saxon, and someone with a high counter chance (Greedo, Wamps, ISC, Visas Marr, BB8).

Replies

• Options
    I use Zgar Zveers zdeath Zstarck shore/range

Works well for me
  • Options
    I'd say it would, but I was hoping to use this at least partly, in territory Wars, and already use my Imperial Troopers elsewhere.
  • Options
    I don’t know why you’d run Gar without him in the lead. He brings absolutely nothing to that team.
  • Options
    what he'd be bringing is extra damage. since Phasma makes others call an assist, and every time that happens, Gar will assist, thus, more damage.
  • Options
    what he'd be bringing is extra damage. since Phasma makes others call an assist, and every time that happens, Gar will assist, thus, more damage.

Wrong. He only assists during enemy turns(counter attacks) so he wouldn't do anything outside lead. Besides his damage output is pretty weak anyhow.
  • Options
    But he has an extremely weak attack. You’ll get an extra 2-3k damage on assists. Surely if you just brought in a damage dealer it would end up doing more damage. Say your damage dealer assist and hits for 10K. That’s roughly 4-5 assist from Gar to hit that 10K damage.

Don’t get me wrong, I like out of the box teams like the one your mentioning. I just think there are better options.
  • Options
    I have Gar modded for maximum offense. Crits for around 6k on assists. Been running him in TW as lead with ISC, Fives, wampa, and either enfys or vandor. Usually holds in the back territory for 6-10 battles.
  • Options
    ok, i'll admit that i misread his ability. I skipped over the 'during an enemies turn' bit of the description.
  • Options
    If your looking for a fun team, use him as leader with a bunch of Empire toons and get range trooper in there. Watch the counter attack fun.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    The best use I found for Gar is a strange team under IG88 lead.

IG88, Gar, Range Trooper, Storm Trooper, Shore Trooper.

Range stomps, and the 3 troopers get counter, and Gar assists on each counter-attack. Mod him for Crit chance. He will stack dots like crazy and the other team just melts from all of the dots. Ive seen up to 8. I posted it before in a thread called "Team Bleed" or something like that if you want to see the screens.

You can replace anyone on that team with other characters that counter. ISC, Gamorrean Guard, Sun Fac, Zaalbar, Kit Fisto, L3, Vandor, etc. Shore works best because he can heal, but people use him on other teams usually.

Bottom line Gar is FUN to use, but he doesnt really fit very well in other places. I wish he would get a trooper tag. I love to theorycraft - but Gar is a challenge.

Edit:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/173592/team-bleed