Suggestion: Market

With a world with smuggler and bounty hunter, theres always a black market. Why not allow to sell our thing for credit or anthing? Why not create a market system witch could established an economy conversion system between thing we got a thousand of them, credit and crystal. I can't understand why at some times we accumulate thousand of thing we don't need anymore. It could be a fun way to use by selling it or trade it for credit or crystal. You simply established system value and no more things accumulation! Secondly in the market, we could also put a market sale of thing we are willing to sale for credit or crystal, it could add another option to get gear. The seller set the price of his stack of 20 MK V gun by example and put to sell. If a buyer is interested for it, accept to pay for it etc. Could be really fun to scavenge for thing we really need in a market system. We could put also a levelling system of our market a lower level have access for less quality item or less number of item for sale etc. A higher level of market can buy/sell more or better quality gear etc...

Replies

• Options
    It's open for abuse.

People would just created a ton of feeder alt accounts.
  • Options
    It exist in world of warcraft since a long time and it work well. Good idea
  • Options
    Superbe wrote: »
    It exist in world of warcraft since a long time and it work well. Good idea
    The WoW economy does not work like the SW:GoH economy.

In WoW, a high level character showering resources on a low-level character is not a problem.

In SW:GoH, it would literally break the game.

Have your main put up trash for exorbitant prices. Buy it on your alts to funnel resources to your primary account. Break young shards by focusing the resources of multiple accounts onto one.
    Still not a he.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    They could put in a GP limit for trading, like 2M GP, that would eliminate people starting 20 alt accounts and abuse the system
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    That would accomplish approximately nothing.

If I start ten alts at the same time, and use nine to feed the tenth, that tenth alt would have an enormous advantage in its young shard.
    Still not a he.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    That would accomplish approximately nothing.

If I start ten alts at the same time, and use nine to feed the tenth, that tenth alt would have an enormous advantage in its young shard.

You are saying that you can achieve 2M GP in no time?
    Edit: You have to remember that you can't access the market until you are at 2M gp
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    You were unclear.

Regardless, there are people who have multiple 2M+ accounts. And there are ways to acquire more such accounts. Legal or no, accounts are transferred or sold all the time. It would also turn new shards into GP scumming races to get that 2M as fast as possible so that outside assistance can pump you up.

So much room for corruption.
    Still not a he.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    That already happens, so the difference would be the same on new shards, but it will still take a long time to get to 2M, unless you spend a lot of $$$
    instead of focusing on how it can be abused, and trashing the base idea, how about using that knowledge to come with suggestions to how we could get a system like it, that can't be abused
  • Options
    We have a system like it that can't be abused. Or rather, can be abused to its limit and remain within tolerance.

That's literally what the guild donation system is.
    Still not a he.