The Chewie event was tuned easy and anybody who disagrees is wrong.

Replies

  • BubbaFett wrote: »

    Raid han was from ep4, r2 was already used and Luke had little to no interaction with Lando..... My money is on Hoda, captain han, rolo, CLS and Chewbacca....

    I completely agree with the exception of Captain Han. I think 50/50 between Capt Han and Raid Han. But yeah, I am farming these toons now in expectation of a hero’s journey in the near future.
  • I have no problem with the event's difficulty. The older this game gets, the more challenging the content SHOULD be. All the old, easier content is still there.
  • it is hard/challenging, but definitely attainable. I am not f2p as a whole, but I am f2p w/ bounty hunters. Bosk was farmable, clearly going to be an awesome toon and our guild made a BH team a priority. So I farmed his shards slowly in a f2p way. Dengar and Cad I had slowly leveled up as f2p, Boba and greedo I quickly leveled up as f2p b/c they are powerful toons

    team was bosk lead (lead zeta) g12, boba (1 zeta) g12, then greedo/cad/dengar were at g11 and I had been hording mats, got them to g12 to finish the even and no zeta's on them

    I also moved arena mods after the first 30 minutes were not successful

    I beat it w/in an hour overall, multiple attempts, lots of rng and reset. I had fun, I did feel satisfied, and I did not think this was unattainable b/c on the first day, w/in a couple hours of waking up I had an expectation to clear t7.

    I overall agree w/ the original post, this is a challenge and supposed to be a challenge. I remember the GMY event being much more tedious than this w/ Eeth koth trying kill yoda than this event.
  • If I would have modded them correctly right away G12 boba lead, g12 zIG-88, g11 dengar, g10 cad, g8 greedo would have beat it for me in a try or two.
  • MrRedxZero
    115 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Stack speed on Boba and Dengar. Stack potency on your other 3. wait for good rng to rocket chewie. Then boba cleans up by himself

    This. I can't comment on 7* yet. But 6* I thought at,first was crazy. Then I realized wait til Dengar gets hit first, so r2 can't stealth the enemy. Take out chewy with NO aoe except from a stealthed Dengar til chewy is dead. Control hans tm with greedo and cad. Take out Han after chewy, then leia. Eqch dies pretty muxh from a single execute from boba. Like lando and r2 werent even there. Boom beat it after thinking is never even 6*. I used g12 boba, g11 Dengar and ig88, g10 cad, g8 greedo. 2 starred it
  • MrRedxZero wrote: »
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Stack speed on Boba and Dengar. Stack potency on your other 3. wait for good rng to rocket chewie. Then boba cleans up by himself

    This. I can't comment on 7* yet. But 6* I thought at,first was crazy. Then I realized wait til Dengar gets hit first, so r2 can't stealth the enemy. Take out chewy with NO aoe except from a stealthed Dengar til chewy is dead. Control hans tm with greedo and cad. Take out Han after chewy, then leia. Eqch dies pretty muxh from a single execute from boba. Like lando and r2 werent even there. Boom beat it after thinking is never even 6*. I used g12 boba, g11 Dengar and ig88, g10 cad, g8 greedo. 2 starred it

    G8 greedo is the recipe. Lol. But yeah you should get 7* with that squad. Just mod all potency sets and a potency primaries. Speed for boba and dengar. Should get in within a dozen tries.
  • It's not easy, but doable...and some commented that this level of difficulty woudl set the bar going forward, but I disagree cause of how inclusive this event was. No panic farm was needed here so I belive they ratcheted up the difficulty as a result. Many players, older players, would naturally have Boba well geared and likely 88 as well from droids team. BH have been featured for a long time now in DSTB, Rebel Roundup, the special Bounty events, etc. so people would have already had them in progress as a result of those breadcrumbs CG left.
  • It's not easy, but doable...and some commented that this level of difficulty woudl set the bar going forward, but I disagree cause of how inclusive this event was. No panic farm was needed here so I belive they ratcheted up the difficulty as a result. Many players, older players, would naturally have Boba well geared and likely 88 as well from droids team. BH have been featured for a long time now in DSTB, Rebel Roundup, the special Bounty events, etc. so people would have already had them in progress as a result of those breadcrumbs CG left.

    I think people are just lost using Bossk lead. I am pretty sure I could clear this event with g12 Boba, g10 Dengar g8 Cad g8 Ig-88 g8 greedo. It might take half an hour for the right rng but certainly doable. You just need to take the time to mod your toons right. Honestly I was worried I might not get him without bossk leading up to the event but once I started playing it I wasn’t concerned at all.
  • You won’t be able to get 7* without a g12 boba. He needs to be a 1 shot machine. But you can do 6*. Put a speed set on bobb with a cd traingle and potency cross. Then just stack as much potency as humalny possible on your other 4.
  • Should have bought shards with free crystals from arena like I did. Snooze you lose. Great job CG!
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    You won’t be able to get 7* without a g12 boba. He needs to be a 1 shot machine. But you can do 6*. Put a speed set on bobb with a cd traingle and potency cross. Then just stack as much potency as humalny possible on your other 4.

    i have 6* currently. just hoping i can get 7 before the end of the event. boba is 1 piece away from g11 but idk i can get him to 12 that quickly. probably cant


  • Olddumper wrote: »
    You won’t be able to get 7* without a g12 boba. He needs to be a 1 shot machine. But you can do 6*. Put a speed set on bobb with a cd traingle and potency cross. Then just stack as much potency as humalny possible on your other 4.

    i have 6* currently. just hoping i can get 7 before the end of the event. boba is 1 piece away from g11 but idk i can get him to 12 that quickly. probably cant


    You may get it at 11. Use potency set crit avoidance arrows on your other BHs where you can.
  • It’s a challenging even. It is tuned so that most mid-range spenders and f2p and low spenders who got lucky and farmed BH at the right time can get 7 star. Most others will probably be able to unlock if they make the effort, and get it on the next try. If everyone got it 7 starsthe first time around there would be no point to anyone have it.

    Yep, i lucked out n had 6 bh at 7* a few months ago and hit Bosk every day once he became farmable. I upped gear levels as much as i could since they confirmed bh would b required. I got chewy 7* by abandoning over n over.
  • Only way I was able to do it was by killing Han 1st. RNG helped, but he seemed to wreck everybody on my many failed attempts
  • MoBlaq wrote: »
    Only way I was able to do it was by killing Han 1st. RNG helped, but he seemed to wreck everybody on my many failed attempts

    Huh. That isn’t the recommended way to approach it, but it’s evidence of the ease of the event.
  • Is this some sort of clickbait title?

    Beatable? Yea, with the right team (Not the 5 original BHs in the game even at gear 12)

    Easy? Nah.. Its RNG.

    But the cutscenes looks good!.... The first 5 rounds.

  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    Is this some sort of clickbait title?

    Beatable? Yea, with the right team (Not the 5 original BHs in the game even at gear 12)

    Easy? Nah.. Its RNG.

    But the cutscenes looks good!.... The first 5 rounds.

    You are playing it wrong if you can’t beat it with the originals in a few tries. Just move your mods.
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Is this some sort of clickbait title?

    Beatable? Yea, with the right team (Not the 5 original BHs in the game even at gear 12)

    Easy? Nah.. Its RNG.

    But the cutscenes looks good!.... The first 5 rounds.

    You are playing it wrong if you can’t beat it with the originals in a few tries. Just move your mods.

    Still would need a lot of RNG for that even to work
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Is this some sort of clickbait title?

    Beatable? Yea, with the right team (Not the 5 original BHs in the game even at gear 12)

    Easy? Nah.. Its RNG.

    But the cutscenes looks good!.... The first 5 rounds.

    You are playing it wrong if you can’t beat it with the originals in a few tries. Just move your mods.

    Still would need a lot of RNG for that even to work

    No. Once modded for potency it should take 5 or 6 tries.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    (severely) undergeared it was no picknick. (g12,g11,g10 and 2 x g9)
  • G12 bobba, Dengar, greedo, g11 ig88 and g12 cad bane, still can't beat it over 109 tries with mods moved around
  • Do you remember the original pre-nerf Yoda legendary event? The Chewy event is a cake walk compared to that monstrosity.
  • Dude, when you've FINISHED Tier 7, then come back and talk. Until then, just be quiet. You're only providing comedy relief at this point.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Dude, when you've FINISHED Tier 7, then come back and talk. Until then, just be quiet. You're only providing comedy relief at this point.

    Hey, let him talk, comedy relief is needed with a frustrating event like this!
  • comic relief indeed ;)
    Olddumper wrote: »
    I just beat the event. G12 boba lead, g12 zIG-88, g11 dengar, g10 cad, g8 greedo

    oops
  • Boov wrote: »
    comic relief indeed ;)
    Olddumper wrote: »
    I just beat the event. G12 boba lead, g12 zIG-88, g11 dengar, g10 cad, g8 greedo

    oops

    Lol there are people finishing this with Sub 80k original hunters and then there is another crowd that can’t figure it out with all g12.
  • ^ you can complete a difficult event and it be so stressful that no enjoyment came from it. The only thing I feel after getting 7 star chewy is RELIEF. And that’s sad.
    But isn't relief a form of pleasure? ;)
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    Come on guys quit the complaining. 1st off, he is the type of toon that doesn't change that much from 5* to 7*. But even if you really are set on 7* this event shouldn't be out of reach. Move your arena mods. Wait to get perfect RNG with lots of revives from Boba. My BH aren't great and I haven't moved my arena mods yet. 6* took me 3 tries. For 7* I will be Bossk-less but by the time I try it my Dengar and cad will be g12 and they will have proper mods. With enough attempts anything is possible.


    ssesn60ykva3.jpg

  • JediMongo wrote: »
    Here's the problem I see. If you refuse to buy your way through the game, this will be nearly impossible. I can't even get Chewie because I don't had the cash to buy jems or cash packs to build up my characters.
    Don't believe me? Try try starting a new game and see how it goes not using any of you real world capital

    This is where the difficulty question comes in.

    There's not another legendary that requires G11 to complete. Not sure one requires G10. This is calling for 11 at T5. That's a huge leap in difficulty.

    I haven't done JTR yet - but from what i read, the difficult part of that is farming uber rare toons in the vets. Hardest prior seems to have been Thrawn which people claim to do at lvl 77 without omegas and g7. I call ****, but whatever. I did that with 9's and 8's and omegas at T7. It was hard but far from super difficult. I've been playing less than a year as FTP so i had to farm all from 0. No marquees for me.

    -R2, was easy
    -Han, quirk of an answer, but if you have a decent guild it's not hard, but takes a bit since it's raid only. You aren't getting him yourself.
    -CLS, harder, but again far from difficult. Finished with G8/9's. Still think T6 is super creative.

    The difficulty seems the same as the sith raid it was way overdone and it took 6 months to correct. Whale guilds weren't complaining, but that didn't mean it wasn't too hard. Seems similar here.

    Again, maybe i should focus more, but after 9 months i have like 5 G12, 3 G11, and 8-9 10's. I'm not expecting to 7* this out of the gate, i'm not stupid. 5* shouldn't have been out of reach if i had 5 BH's. Simple fact is, it is. As a designer, unless you plan on setting a space for existing players only - any event has to be designed with a new player in mind. And before anyone flips out, i don't mean anyone should be able to complete it - but it should be FTP should wait a year. The rest of the events, the toons are useful elsewhere. Empire/FO/Rebels all are usable for arena. This, you're asking people to invest the max in a team you'll only really use for this event.

    I mean, where is said that new events need to be a challenge for the best of the best? I don't know about games like this, but in general there are games who make challenging areas for players who are better than the rest. Those areas benefit those people and do not punish those who aren't there. There are all sorts of events that you can't get in here until your X level. Even putting an 85 restriction on this wouldn't solve anything really. The difference is that in this type of game, anything restricted to higher end players (whales) punishes everyone else as it's used against them.

    It's one thing to cater to whales, but how long to they want you around before you can get Chewy FTP or occasional pay? Serious question. If he's really just useful for raids, the buy in is a year or more of play/ Unless you pay a hefty amount of money.
Sign In or Register to comment.